Gardening

Gracii Guns

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

I've never seen Jerry unable to command that guitar.  His voice is as you say a little cooked but he's singing it out.

I'm not watching.  This puzzle is challenging.  So far I have 7 of the same cactus stamp.  I was thinking one of each stamp, lol.  Most of these are 25 cent stamps.  What year was that, lol?

I dont know, last time I went into the post office just to mail a letter. I had to ask them every detail, step by step. They were bent over laughing at me :lol: I hope you get more variety though! I would think so too!

Bret sounds incredible! RIP

I liked what Bobby said about giving lessons on his method.  Noticed they mentioned it's been 25 years since Jerry died but didn't ask him how he felt about it. 

The night after Jerry died the media rushed to interview Bobby who was playing a show.  It was heartbreaking to see him.  He kept playing beyond when the interview was suppose to start, live TV.  When he stopped to talk you could tell he was fighting to control his voice.  His neck muscles were really tight.  Called Jerry a brother and a couple of other things.  Turned and walked back on stage playing.

Queen Jane!

Okay I see Phil.  Style all is own. :lol:

Edited by cineater

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

I liked what Bobby said about giving lessons on his method.  Noticed they mentioned it's been 25 years since Jerry died but didn't ask him how he felt about it. 

The night after Jerry died the media rushed to interview Bobby who was playing a show.  It was heartbreaking to see him.  He kept playing beyond when the interview was suppose to start, live TV.  When he stopped to talk you could tell he was fighting to control his voice.  His neck muscles were really tight.  Called Jerry a brother and a couple of other things.  Turned and walked back on stage playing.

Queen Jane!

Id take those lessons!!!

Wow, I wonder if he was told as soon as the news came in, or nt until he came off stage. Would be so difficult to have to live that out infront of the news media. Heart breaking.

I remember hearing an interview where Bobby said that he was Jerrys "bag man." He held Jerrys drugs and would only give hime the previously agreed to dosage. Obviously he couldnt always be the bag man. That must be difficult to think about too.

Bird Song :dance:

1 minute ago, soon said:

Id take those lessons!!!

Wow, I wonder if he was told as soon as the news came in, or nt until he came off stage. Would be so difficult to have to live that out infront of the news media. Heart breaking.

I remember hearing an interview where Bobby said that he was Jerrys "bag man." He held Jerrys drugs and would only give hime the previously agreed to dosage. Obviously he couldnt always be the bag man. That must be difficult to think about too.

😹😹😹😹

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

Queen Jane!

Okay I see Phil.  Style all is own. :lol:

Phil is quite the specimen tonight! :lol:

That snow and rain was slamming! :headbang:

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Id take those lessons!!!

We learned about Jerry's death late in the morning.  So he probably got it before it got out there.  He was playing, I think with his band Rat Dog that night.  I'm sure he has a lot to work through in the anger stage of loss where Jerry is concerned.

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

We learned about Jerry's death late in the morning.  So he probably got it before it got out there.  He was playing, I think with his band Rat Dog that night.  I'm sure he has a lot to work through in the anger stage of loss where Jerry is concerned.

What was that morning like for you? I know you had a very busy life going and all. Did you have a chance to really process it that day? Was there memorials all over the place?

Speaking of solo Bobby, I didn't know that Bret started out plain in Bobby's band? Thats neat because I always see him and Jerry really getting into the music together. Wouldn't have thought it all started with Bobby.

This Scarlet Fire is doing it for me! 

I was at work when I heard.  I had the radio playing in the background.  It was a shocker.  At noon they played a tribute to him but the DJ didn't know who he was.  I was living in my friend's basement apartment at the time waiting for my divorce.  After the kids went to bed a couple of people from the old crowd came over.  First time I had had a drink in many years.  There were meet ups all over town.  It wasn't so much that I was a big Jerry person but you just knew the band was dead.

You notice Jerry is always watching the other band members, connecting.  He connects with the keyboard player the most probably because he's next to him.

Fire On The Mountain but you may rename it and make it your own.  That's allowed with music.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was at work when I heard.  I had the radio playing in the background.  It was a shocker.  At noon they played a tribute to him but the DJ didn't know who he was.  I was living in my friend's basement apartment at the time waiting for my divorce.  After the kids went to bed a couple of people from the old crowd came over.  First time I had had a drink in many years.  There were meet ups all over town.  It wasn't so much that I was a big Jerry person but you just knew the band was dead.

You notice Jerry is always watching the other band members, connecting.  He connects with the keyboard player the most probably because he's next to him.

Fire On The Mountain but you may rename it and make it your own.  That's allowed with music.

Sounds really heavy. What a time for that to happen. Silly DJ. Must have been something to reconnect with the old crowd?

I cant believe that I might know a Dead thing that you dont! :wow: They often played Scarlet Begonias into Fire on the Mountain. As they did tonight. So its sometimes called Scarlet Fire or Scarlet/Fire. You prolly know that and just I wrote it the wrong way.

Now that you mention that, Jerry seems to be the one band member who makes eye contact with everyone. He's the man. :headbang:

Didn't know that. :lol:

I had left the old crowd along time ago.  I am somewhat legend if you see how they react to me.  One of the ones that made up the cool crowd that the rest wished they were part of the inner circle of.  Hard to explain.  I just do what I want to do and now that I do something different I don't care that I'm not part of them but they don't get why I don't come back.  If that makes any sense.

Space and drums, oh joy.  Jerry was like everybody's friend.

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

Didn't know that. :lol:

I had left the old crowd along time ago.  I am somewhat legend if you see how they react to me.  One of the ones that made up the cool crowd that the rest wished they were part of the inner circle of.  Hard to explain.  I just do what I want to do and now that I do something different I don't care that I'm not part of them but they don't get why I don't come back.  If that makes any sense.

Space and drums, oh joy.  Jerry was like everybody's friend.

Look at me blossom into a proper deadhead :lol: (Its from that podcast! lol you teach me the most)

Just like how today you're boss bish at the garden :headbang:Only legends will understand... And I understand :axl92:. It must be a thing that old friends wish you were around, but you cant be? Do your paths cross sometimes still?

This space jam sounded like the Seinfeld theme song at the start :lol:

Edited by soon

I feel for Axl.  He can't stop being Axl.  People won't let him leave 20 year old Axl.  He can't leave because he belongs to the big world.  I can leave the worlds I've been in.  The trick is not to let the new worlds know where you come from. :lol:  

Miss the jam, pee and smoke break time.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

I feel for Axl.  He can't stop being Axl.  People won't let him leave 20 year old Axl.  He can't leave because he belongs to the big world.  I can leave the worlds I've been in.  The trick is not to let the new worlds know where you come from. :lol:  

Miss the jam, pee and smoke break time.

One More Saturday Night. Man, last every Friday Night!

1 minute ago, cineater said:

Wonder when Dead and Co will stop the Saturday night shows.  Would be a good time for GNR to take the stream. :lol:

This is no time to talk about Dead and Co :lol:

Yeah, GnRs about to release the vault :lol: ... soon. :lol:

Jerry and Slash are both melodic players. Been comparing them lately. Its neat

2 hours ago, soon said:

This is no time to talk about Dead and Co :lol:

Yeah, GnRs about to release the vault :lol: ... soon. :lol:

Jerry and Slash are both melodic players. Been comparing them lately. Its neat

Don't play with me.  I didn't take the last announcement of the re release well.  Where the fuck is GNR?  Okay, still not over it. :lol:

Did not know that about either of them.  I don't know much about creating music.  To me it's just music and you can play it or not.  I can look at a guitar player and see they have this easy way of playing like Jerry or they're kind of stiff like Richard.  I would put Slash in with Bobby.  They're somewhere in the middle.

I hung out for the Jerry thing after that.  Good cover band.  Really not liking this puzzle.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Don't play with me.  I didn't take the last announcement of the re release well.  Where the fuck is GNR?  Okay, still not over it. :lol:

Did not know that about either of them.  I don't know much about creating music.  To me it's just music and you can play it or not.  I can look at a guitar player and see they have this easy way of playing like Jerry or they're kind of stiff like Richard.  I would put Slash in with Bobby.  They're somewhere in the middle.

I hung out for the Jerry thing after that.  Good cover band.  Really not liking this puzzle.

Sorry! Yeah, hard to find anything good to say about the current situation. Im one of like 3 people planning to buy the re release. :lol:

I see what you mean. Makes sense. As far as melodic players, Jerry is a melodic player in the official use of the word, it comes from the jazz scene. Lots of jazz gets really far out and nearly unrecognizable as the song they're playing. But melodic improvisors like Jerry are also playing jazz. Jerry is sometimes called the last great melodic player. Slash isnt technically a melodic player in that sense. But if you think of the lead guitar in a song like SCOM or the outro to NR, you can hum a lot of it. Its melodic. I remember reading Slash talk about how he often hums a melody along to a track to come up with his solos. So its just fun for me as a player to see where they over lap in that regard.

I fell asleep shortly after the show ended. Its now noon and Im still just getting myself in gear. Such a light weight :lol:

Sorry the puzzle isnt suiting ya! Are you the type who needs to finish it anyways?

Of course I'm the type that needs to finish it anyway. :lol:  It's just going to take longer.

I would have still been in bed but Simone wanted to go out.  I was up at 8:30 even though I was up till almost 4.

People are texting me and I have the same thing going on.  All the sudden the plant is turning yellow.  We had a couple of really cool nights last week.  I think that got to some of our heat lovers.  Donna told me she's not getting much production out of her tomatoes either.  The rain cause them not to set fruit.  And her tomatoes are staying green.  It's one of the plants with leaves suddenly turning yellow.  Some of my coleus and calla lilies too.

We go back to extreme heat tomorrow.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Of course I'm the type that needs to finish it anyway. :lol:  It's just going to take longer.

I would have still been in bed but Simone wanted to go out.  I was up at 8:30 even though I was up till almost 4.

People are texting me and I have the same thing going on.  All the sudden the plant is turning yellow.  We had a couple of really cool nights last week.  I think that got to some of our heat lovers.  Donna told me she's not getting much production out of her tomatoes either.  The rain cause them not to set fruit.  And her tomatoes are staying green.  It's one of the plants with leaves suddenly turning yellow.  Some of my coleus and calla lilies too.

We go back to extreme heat tomorrow.

I thought you might be the type :lol:

Ahh - you must be so tired! Oh Simone! 

Can they all get yellow blight I wonder?

I hope the heat will move your tomatoes along!!

These f'n beans :anger: Now theyve swallowed up my echinacea!!!

I dont have words for what Mayer is wearing :lol: French bed sheets? lol

Is Bobby is a vest over t-shirt, with shorts deal? 

I really love Oteils tie dye though! Id wear that with a scooped neck.

All these crowd shots of white people dancing - we get it, we cant dance! :lol: