Gardening

Gracii Guns

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was looking around on here for how to post pics and didn't find it. :lol:  I'll figure it out eventually.

It's been so hot here, the plants are on their own.  I show up to water and run away.

So hot here too. Yesterday all I did was water and retreat. 2 hour travel for 45 minutes of watering. But Im excited that tomorrow Im buying an extension hose and sprinkler!!!!!!!! Game changer :headbang:

I took some garden pics, but they looked much better in real life where its easier to distinguish the veg from the weeds, lol.

I found these tutorials, they're not great. But the far better one chose erotic art work in its examples and I think that would violate the forums sexual content/nudity rules. Honestly though, they make it seem much more complicated then it needs to be. Or at least imigur, which I use, is a lot more straight forward and visual. Heres for postimage:

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Can't be any more confusing than pinball tutorials. :lol:  

I like those hoses that recoil when you shut them off.  They don't hold up very well but they are lightweight.

:lol:

Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like it could be really useful for me. Do you know what they're called? I cant quite picture how they work?

10 hours ago, janrichmond said:

oops, i dunno :lol: i never used it, i'm not very good at that stuff (that's why i became a member-it's so easy) 

@soon help!!! show @cineater how you post pics with the thing you use :lol:

Let me see if I can help. Its hard to explain this stuff, isnt it!?

Hey @cineater I use imgur.com which I was myself shown by someone on here. Once you set up an account I think its a really intuitive site. You can use it as a social media platform of its own and view peoples pictures and comment. Or like I do you can have it set to private and just use it to post images on other sites. Below is a good tutorial, I think. It wont embed which is ironic for a tutorial on imbedding :lol:

It teaches a way that I dont use it - theres so many ways to navigate this site. So whichever way works best for you. I usually put the jpegs (pictures) on my desk top (computer screen) and drag them into the uploader window. In this video she shows how to browse your files to access the pictures. Her way is probably more convenient.

Once you get the basics you can also use it to create memes and gifs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VBCPt-wJ2w 

I'm reluctant to use those places.  I have privacy and security issues from a job I use to do.  I like being able to post pictures directly from my computer and I guess you can't do that here.  I was trying to post from pics I posted at another board.  Something doesn't work with that or maybe it's because the board is on lock down that it doesn't allow links off of it.  Just take my word for it, that fence is bright white! :blink:

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I'm reluctant to use those places.  I have privacy and security issues from a job I use to do.  I like being able to post pictures directly from my computer and I guess you can't do that here.  I was trying to post from pics I posted at another board.  Something doesn't work with that or maybe it's because the board is on lock down that it doesn't allow links off of it.  Just take my word for it, that fence is bright white! :blink:

Did you work vice squad?

• Haha 1

Sort of, could involve those sort of things.  I have worked with some seriously pissed off people.  Most ended on friendly terms but then it should be a professional friendship and some folks have boundary issues, were not friends outside of this.

Finally, we got rain and it cooled off.  It's like a jump start on plants that were just hanging in there.  Everybody is growing, blooming and producing.  We've all noticed the tomatoes are staying greener longer.

My goal this week is to drag a couple of brush piles further into the woods on my friend's property and then clear out the areas on both sides of the fence line so they can get the fence back up.  I usually reserve this kind of work for the winter months but they want to move in by the fall.  She's already got poison ivy and reacts badly to it.  I am either immune to it or have been very lucky, just in case, I'm going to be covered from head to toe.  Everytime we walk the property she's pointing out patches of that shit. 

Are you shitting me!  The new neighbor behind me cut out the bushes behind my house and his.  The ones that block my view of his unlandscaped backyard and the mean drunk's view of my house.  He wants to help me garden that spot.  He's got a foot there and then it drops down two feet.  I had it gardened and it had a purpose!  Do something with the rest of your yard.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up some gardening work on holiday. Well I blew my holiday money. So I had find some work. 100 a day trimming hedges and mowing lawns. I got a room across from the station for 20 above the pub. I spent 80 in the pub every night. 10 hours a day chainsawing brambles is not the life for me. My whole body hurt for days and got all these cuts. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cineater said:

100/day?  cash?  Fuck, I do that shit for free.

Well there’s some rule where you can’t do hedges in the nesting season so they do it off the books.

Who would take such work of dubious morals? Moi of the denesting birds society. I St Wasted of Brambles and buying 80 quid rounds. 

7 hours ago, cineater said:

100/day?  cash?  Fuck, I do that shit for free.

Pretty fair for a days labour.  If you think about it its 600 quid a week, thats 2400 a month, 28k a year.  There's European migrant out there that do it for 60, 70, 80 a day, leaves you wondering how they make ends meet. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Pretty fair for a days labour.  If you think about it its 600 quid a week, thats 2400 a month, 28k a year.  There's European migrant out there that do it for 60, 70, 80 a day, leaves you wondering how they make ends meet. 

Well my 20 quid room above the pub made it workable. By room I mean room. No furniture. I went to Argos to get a blow up matress. That was it. It was 10 hours a day but it sweated out the booze from the night before. Nothing like a hard days labour to just hand over the 100 to the pub landlord and say beer and keep them coming. I had a tab by day 4. I owe them 100 . 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

Well my 20 quid room above the pub made it workable. By room I mean room. No furniture. I went to Argos to get a blow up matress. That was it. It was 10 hours a day but it sweated out the booze from the night before. Nothing like a hard days labour to just hand over the 100 to the pub landlord and say beer and keep them coming. I had a tab by day 4. I owe them 100 . 

For a toerag like you its brilliant :lol:  I'm surprised you've still got days of labour in you after all that copy writing shit, I done grouting for a day last week and it fuckin' finished me :lol: 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

For a toerag like you its brilliant :lol:  I'm surprised you've still got days of labour in you after all that copy writing shit, I done grouting for a day last week and it fuckin' finished me :lol: 

I need a week of vics and 5 star hotel massages. It was brutal. I’m now convinced writing tags for Coke is my future.