Gardening

Gracii Guns

I declined the garden lead position.  Lots of disappointment from the group.  Maybe it's just because it's September and I'm fucking tired of gardening but I can stir the ship without all the bullshit that comes from being the captain.

I'm starting grass growing.  Weed killer is down and in a couple of weeks the seed will go out.  Looking for that week of on and off rain.

And I put my name in as co garden lead.  The other person will do all the budgets and attend all the meetings.  I will have all the gardens, grounds and students.  I have to be voted in but nobody else has stepped up.  It cooled off, I got my energy back and opened my fucking mouth. :lol:

Seed collecting time.  Besides my usual gathering of the annuals, I'm going for natives.  My friend wants to turn her whole front yard into a native flower garden.  I need lots of seeds!  The plan is to use her one bed to sow the seeds in rows starting in November.  They will go through their usual winter process outside and when they come up in the spring, we'll transplant them to their spot in the front yard.  It's kind of impossible to tell the difference between a weed and a native when they are babies.  I don't want to just throw out seeds all over the yard.  It would end up being a weed patch.

• 2 weeks later...

The swelling is not as bad a when I got stung between the eyes.  I took a twig to the eye, got a cut on the eyeball.  At 2AM I tired cutting up onions to make my eye water so I could get out what felt like sand it there.  Might have worked but the fucking onions didn't smell.

I ate some white crab and chili sauce in Thailand and my whole face swelled up. My tongue was sort of blocking my throat. I took an  claratin and it went down. I have hay fever but don’t take them because they don’t mix with booze well. 

That's what I was hoping to do but I'm on eye delay.  We're not quite there with the plants dying but close enough.  I've got my yard, mom's yard and 5 acres of garden to take down. 

I finished most of DJ's yard.  She wants to convert her front yard to native wildflowers.  I collected seeds from 18 plants, they are planted in rows in her garage bed.  When they come up in the spring we will place them in groups in the front yard.  Still working on the design.  I got half way through her 3 brush piles before I got hit.  We're not mentioning that to her, she'll freak.  She got in from Europe last night so by the time she sees me, I should be all better.  She'll just think I'm smart when I insist we wear safety glasses when we tackle the rest of it.  Yeah, learned that one the hard way. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Greenhouse is cleaned and readied for next year.  All the tools cleaned, sharpen and oiled.  We have a few big projects we're finishing up at the garden but if all goes well we'll be wrapped up by Thanksgiving.

I did take the head garden lead position but I'm splitting it with another person.  She'll handle all the paperwork, budgets and administrative stuff.  I have all the property and gardens.  I have oversight of the students and improving participation.  I'm plotting renovation of the native beds.  I still have lead over the foundation beds and greenhouse assistance.  Not a job, this is my hobby and I go all out.

• 1 month later...