Gardening

Gracii Guns

And they keep moving the day the bottom temps rise to above 50.  Kept wondering where this bout of depression was coming from.  I've been pretty physical the last couple of months and now I'm on my ass waiting to get back out there.  I always forget about the crash.  Done with that, tomorrow I'm back on my feet, never should have stopped.

Hope youre back at it today, cin :) 

Last night at 3am my cat knocked down all but two of my seedlings. Then he woke me up to tell me and apologize.

Then 2 hours later the phone goes off with an Amber Alert. So now Im up, check on the fallen plants and they arent salvageable. :wacko:

So twice as much garden and now only 2 plants. :( 

Hopefully the hectic pace is fun stuff like pregnant daughters and new houses. And garden.

Not enough time to grow more, because I will be away briefly so I cant raise them. Was gonna get these in ground before I go and garden neighbours would water.

Other years people have gifted me some seedlings when I had losses, so maybe. Theres a farm that donates to the gardeners usually 2-3 plants on a first come first serve basis. Hope I can make it. Poor Beaker felt awful and was a bit off earlier today. Gardening together is our thing.

God don't say she's pregnant!  She has SIBO.  In a matter of a month her abs bloated up and everybody has been asking her when she's due.  It took the doctor's months to figure out what was happening.  The first treatment didn't work, the second is going better but she still doesn't want to go wedding dress shopping.  We're going to work on a special diet for her and let Jillian beat the shit out of us.  She'll have the bride body she wants but I may not live to see it. :lol:

Poor kitty I know they hate to disappoint us.  I you can take a cutting off a tomato or pepper and root it.  

Oh no!!! Im sorry to hear that. I mixed up 'getting married' with 'pregnant.' Ahhhh :lol::smiley-confused2: SIBO sounds awful. And what unfortunate timing for a belly expansion! Dang. 

My seedlings were smaller than I know how to do a cutting from. Wish I would have googled it now that you mention it. And got the tomatoes in some water. If I had it in me to address the plants at 3am I might have had a better chance. 

I cant believe the odds about me mistakenly saying she's pregnant! :rofl-lol: Hope your daughter feels better soon!

You aren't the only one to say pregnant.  For a while there it wouldn't have surprised me is she called and said she delivered.  The wedding plans kind of all came together in about an hour today.  Say the word and I'll go put down the deposits.  Can it really be this easy?

I was thinking about snagging cuttings from your fellow gardeners. :lol:

I am feeling so much gratitude for the needle collectors who include our garden as part of their route. Early every morning two of them pass through to collect any used syringes that are a danger to people and animals. Always the most pleasant and humble people you could ever meet. Thanks needle folks!!!

• Like 1

I'm putting seeds in the ground.  I went up to the garden today just to have time to work on my own shit.  I'm so busy leading on work days I never get to my beds.  And then there's the dishes. :lol:  Mountains of pots needing washed so we can reuse them for the plant sale next year.

I feel like Im my own garden lead and team member!! So far only getting to to all the lead work. I am trying to renegotiate land agreements. Also I am gonna have to buy a lot more seedlingsto make up for all my cat destroyed. When i really started crunching the numbers, instead of hiring someone to work alongside me a few days, I decided to have a courier pick up my seedlings and delivery to garden where I will stay near by for a month or so and just be there myself sun up to sun down everyday. Just kicking ass. So Im organizing all that stuff and price shopping. 

And I just ran a mini work shop to teach people how to open the pad lock on the tool shed. It went 3 times longer then I anticipated. I must be a bad teacher.

I feel so disconnected from gardening that when I received the trailer load of manure and compost today, I picked up a handfull just to smell it. You know, to get in the vibe :lol:

I seeded my little beds. Gorgeous day. Lots of people gardening.

I seeded:

Spoiler

1 Borage

2 Lovage

Chamomile

5 Echinacea 

Pesto Basil

100 Kale

Lettuce

Carrots

Beets

Holy Basil

Dill

2 Anise Hyssop (seeded but they want to be started indoors 6 weeks ago, so we'll see)

2 Chives

And I have one tomato plant still hardening off to go in. And a patty pan ready to transplant!!

Bit of a hodge podge of leftover seeds. Also was supposed to have many tomato, sweet and hot peppers until Beaker happened, lol. Next year it will transition back to a herb and flower garden.

@cineaterThank you for helping us all garden. People like yourself who make it possible for the rest of us to garden are awesome!!! Y'all give us all so much! Gardening is such a healthy activity, nurturing us from seed to table. And you give us a very special type of community.  Today was special at our garden because we'd all been away from this garden for a a full season (last year no gardening as we did reconstruction). So it was cool to see everyone. A very elderly gardening friend of mine hobbled over to my bed and saw me in better heath and mobility than 2 years ago... We just hugged and cried for a while until we could speak. Her crying because she's seeing my improved health and me crying that she's still with us and able to garden. It was a powerful and entirely unanticipated event.

As long as I'm not physically helping anybody garden, lol.  Busted ass today at 3 different locations.  It's actually nice to work up one of those long sweats.

Finally got my friend's yard done.  Not my vision but she has 3 beds of natives that looked good when I left.  What she lets her dogs do to them after this is up to her. 

I got some of the giant sunflower seeds.  Seed heads about a foot across.  Pretty excited to see how those turned out.  My canna bulbs I left in the ground didn't do so well this year.  Only half of the spots came back.  I hate digging them and replanting them every year.  I may be done with those.

I thought everybody knew that.  The leaf mulch we got was composting.  Put your hand in it and it was really hot, not to mention the smell.  Several people put it right on their plants and they wilted.  You have to spread it out and stop that action or if you're in a hurry cool it off with the hose.

Let the lawn team know I was playing with their toys yesterday and not getting along so well with them.  Miraculously, the whole placed was mowed and trimmed by this morning. :lol: I'm playing with the compost bin next.  I'm pretty sure this guy is going to faint.  I'm not the kind of lead to bitch at you.  I'm the hands on type.

The flood is back in the farmer's fields by a half a mile.  Wasn't there this morning when I drove by.

So how long does it take for poison ivy to break out?  Leslie walked by my bucket and spotted it.  I've never had poison ivy.  Can't imagine I haven't been in it before.  Don't think I react to it.  Don't want to temp it though.