Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, soon said:

You should get him to deck out your car!

You got carried away there. :lol:  I wussed out and just ran the car through the car wash.  Gas was below $2.00!  Haven't seen that in a long time.

I'm up at the gardens saying goodbye to Karen and Joe calls in.  I hear her say, about 8 a day and have you turned a light on.  She gets off the phone.  I ask chickens, lol.  How did I know that?  You would love chicken farming.

28 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm up at the gardens saying goodbye to Karen and Joe calls in.  I hear her say, about 8 a day and have you turned a light on.  She gets off the phone.  I ask chickens, lol.  How did I know that?  You would love chicken farming.

You called it! I wonder how many chickens they have to get 8 eggs a day?

I would indeed love that? Are they in the City?

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Probably half a dozen.  They both have small farms.  Chickens lay less when there is less light.  A different boss I had kept chickens in her suburban yard.  Talk of the neighborhood.

I want a small farm so bad. I wish we were allowed to keep hens in the city limits here. 

Chickens being the talk of the neighbourhood kinda gives new insight into the phrase "clucking hens" (except for the sexist part).

Just made a yellow coconut lentil curry. With my peas along with other veg. Perfect with fresh mountain bread.

I was demoted to just the side dish so Ill just learn the potato and cheddar casserole this time. Good thing I hadnt sprung on that roast beef yet. 

Hope you are having a lovely Christmas time!

• Haha 1

Lovely Christmas time so far.  Got a little weird for a minute there but back on track.  My last gift came in the mail today so back on track.  I'm running over to the grandkids tonight to give them their gifts and it's on from there.  You'll be making those potatoes every year from here on out, lol.  There's always New Years for the sliders.

So my daughter asks me if I dropped her on her head when she was little.  She has this indent on top of her head, like a little crater.  I have the same thing. :lol:  We're trying to decide if it's a genetic thing.  I think everybody does but she's a nurse and she should know.  So weird question of the day, do you have an indent on the top of your head?  I understand if you don't want to admit to some kind of genetic link. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Lovely Christmas time so far.  Got a little weird for a minute there but back on track.  My last gift came in the mail today so back on track.  I'm running over to the grandkids tonight to give them their gifts and it's on from there.  You'll be making those potatoes every year from here on out, lol.  There's always New Years for the sliders.

Im glad. Mind if I ask what got weird? I hope time with your Grandkids was awesome too.

Cant wait to start the tradition of these potatoes :headbang:Great idea for New Years

5 hours ago, cineater said:

So my daughter asks me if I dropped her on her head when she was little.  She has this indent on top of her head, like a little crater.  I have the same thing. :lol:  We're trying to decide if it's a genetic thing.  I think everybody does but she's a nurse and she should know.  So weird question of the day, do you have an indent on the top of your head?  I understand if you don't want to admit to some kind of genetic link. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Standing here waiting for the kettle to boil, touching my head like 'Is that a crater? Is that a bump?' :lol: I think I have some peeks and valleys up there. I dont think any are what Id call an indent though?

Id be proud to be part of your gene pool, even if it turns out your all dropping one another on your heads :lol:

Had a wee situation. A neighbour had, a few years ago, brought me a care package including vitamins when I was injured. This kinda plugged me into 'healing mode.' So the next Christmas I gave them a card with a bottle of vitamins to thank them for contributing to my healing. My next birthday they gave more vitamins, and so on and so forth. But this year when I went by with a tub of really high end vitamins/healthy stuff juice blend they didnt seem to either remember the tradition or see how this was similar to the simple gummies. Turns out they just started a vegan diet, which theyd been criticized for by some, and they thought my gift was out of concern for their dietary choices. :facepalm: So they were defensive. I only bought the premium shit because I could finally afford to and that also seemed like its related to the healing journey. Was celebrating that I was moving on up, thanks to them. Sigh. Maybe I should wait until after the holidays to try and sort this out?

Maybe going vegan is affecting their brains, lol.  They are going to remember the tradition and probably come talk to you.  These may be the new folks playing a bigger role in your life next year.  Decide now if you want them.  Nothing psychic about that but I can see you being interested in what they are doing.

The things my daughter thinks of.  She's always entertaining.  We're going to be rubbing heads at the family party.

The little weirdness might have been the third option, lol.  It's been out there a while.  I keep passing on it but it keeps coming back.  Yeah it's the ex.  The last part of the conversation started with why aren't we having sex?  Is there a 4th option?

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

Maybe going vegan is affecting their brains, lol. 

Hahahahaha! I get grumpy if I go too long without red meat, myself :lol:

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

They are going to remember the tradition and probably come talk to you.  These may be the new folks playing a bigger role in your life next year.  Decide now if you want them.  Nothing psychic about that but I can see you being interested in what they are doing.

Okay, I hope they will remember and come by. Thanks. Really great insights as always. I will think about this.

31 minutes ago, cineater said:

The little weirdness might have been the third option, lol.  It's been out there a while.  I keep passing on it but it keeps coming back.  Yeah it's the ex.  The last part of the conversation started with why aren't we having sex?  Is there a 4th option?

Well.... Its there if you want it. So thats good to know?? :lol:

The bottom fell out on my grocery run! My plan to wait until now backfired because they'd run out of some of the ingredients :facepalm: They actual dont carry the shredded frozen hash browns and were out of the recipes suggested replacement. They were out of condensed cream of chicken. And then when I got home I realized that I accidentally bought the low fat sour cream. Ugh.

So I bought the smallest cube hash browns. Do you figure that'll work out okay enough?

And I bought condensed cream of mushroom and condensed chicken broth. Thought I could blend them? Or maybe just use the cream of mushroom so its as creamy?

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

lol  I had the same problem with hash browns.  Thought I had some but that wasn't what was in the bag.  The first store was out of them so I had to run to another.  I've seen the cubes used before.  We'll see how the mixing of the two work out, should work.

Noooo to the third option.  I knew that was going to happen.

HA, these hash browns!!

The recipe says to use "partially thawed" hash browns. And Im planning to make tonight and refrigerate for tomorrow. So my question is: Do I use fully frozen has browns when I mix it up today? That way they will partially thawed when I bake it off tomorrow?

Lily attacked the cat toys before I could open the bag, lol.  Mom's party was fun.  I have the car packed for Christmas at my daughters.  I have to be there at 8 and they have to be at his grandma's at 10.  My daughter has to be back in bed at noon.  She's working Christmas night.  We're sending in cookies and sweets.  Those poor nurses are going to be on a sugar high. :lol:

Hope your Christmas is going well.  Family, friends and food.

Haha, Lily! How do they seem to know whats for them? Beaker always seems to know too... err, I guess in his mind everything is for him :lol: Im so happy that your Moms party was fun! So much moving around, hope it all goes smoothly. Your daughters a good soul working this shift. I heard a ER Dr on the radio saying that Christmas eve is a strange time in the ER... I wont say anymore than that :lol: They will appreciate those cookies.

I cannot wait to eat this casserole!! Thanks for your tip last night. Once I had it in the pyrex all spread out I so desperately wanted to just face plant right into it :lol:The aroma reminds me of my late granny, too. And its got a nice heavy weight when you carry the full pyrex. Thats good North American cuisine - stuff that you could use as a blunt force weapon!! :headbang:

Thanks, hope the same for your Christmas! Here we go!

I got a puzzle of Groovy Records, album art.  I'm going to play with that today!

We had fun opening gifts.  There's so much they need for their new home.  I don't envy her working tonight.  Everybody they can get home they do.  You're really sick if you're in the hospital today.

Hope the potatoes impress everyone.  Love that stuff.

Woohoo, it's Christmas!

That puzzle sounds awesome! Have fun! What about the owl shirt?

The lack of boxed gifts for me suggests that I got what I asked for! No drill I guess, but I didnt actually ask for one anyways. 

Our plans have changed here. We meant to go to see Star Wars but would have needed to leave by now. So I think we will fire up the food sooner!! Cant wait. About to watch the first Star Wars and write letters to prisoners. The potatoes are the only thing that could make it cooler. I am certain they will love it. Like I say, I was tempted to eat it raw :lol:

Did y'all have any leftovers?

Everyone is having a very nice Christmas!! :dance:

Edited by soon

Wow - just looked up Electro Threads!! This stuff is wild! They have a number of really great owl shirts. Nice.

No, we hadnt thought of the yule log things. Its misfits Christmas over here and we have been watching Mariah Carey Christmas videos on mute, while listening to Willie and Jonny's gospel and Christmas songs. Mariah aint wearing nothing but bubble bath foam in this one!! Not so wholesome really... we should consider the little animals one instead :lol: On Youtube? Dont have cable.

The oven is preheating.... :drool:

cineater!!!!! This is too delicious!! We all love it. Stole the show! One comment was "Im enjoying this so much that it feels weird to be doing it in front of everyone!" :lol: Instant classic, will be making from now on :drool:

No way your crew had any leftovers?

Check out the men's shorts.  The guys in my life love those and they have pockets!  I have both of the colorful lions in shirts.  Absolutely no on the women's shorts.  Some of their stuff is way out there, lol.  If you're buying from them wait for the sale.  They are located in a little suburb of LA, Garden Grove, where I grew up until we left LA.  I actually had somebody point out I was wearing Electro Threads one time.

The log is on cable.  It's a Hallmark thing, Very Happy & Friends Yule Log.  It's listed as a movie so you may find it on cable.

You'll be making those potatoes forever now.  The group I was feeding had just ate and I don't eat a whole lot when I cook.  I think the aromas make you think you've eaten.

My friend is still deathly sick.  I'll be staying home tonight working my puzzle.  Don't want any part of what she has.  It's going into the second week.

Im sorry to hear that your evening plans changed. I hope it was a nice evening in with your puzzle?! Here, as soon as someone put The Phantom Menace on the party was over :lol:

Those are really cool shorts! I like the ones that are simpler with bursts of the wild designs. Thats neat that you lived there - you still got a lot of california in you I think?

I will gladly be expected to make the potatoes from now on - and I will make them from now on :headbang:Had a half portion left over and there was only 5 of us. And 2 are tiny!! :lol: We loved it :drool: You could tell that everyone wanted it along with their other leftovers... but its here for me today :lol::axl:

I was okay with no more food, lol.  I upset my daughter though.  The puzzle over the Christmas holidays is our thing.  And watching Christmas movies.  She was missing that last night.  

Oh, you're my nephew.  He likes all the bursts of color.  I don't like the LA area.  Too many people.

I make those potatoes just for me.  They last for days in the frig.

I know - today is like a Christmas hangover :lol:. And I roll with the Orthodox so I only have just over a week to recover for 2nd Christmas on January 8!!

Thats sad about your daughter. Its not quite the same to disassemble the puzzle and do it over with her, but maybe you can? Sounds like no horror stories from her shift then. 

I should have made the potatoes just for me too! Why did you encourage me to let others know I can make these?? :lol: My leftovers are already long gone! I accidentally bought two extra bags of the hash browns, so Im fairly sure that I will be looking for the chance to make them again soon :headbang:

I have second Christmas coming too.  Non religious.

I'm trying to assess the kid.  She's been pretty grumpy lately and not herself.  Depressive episodes run in the family.  She missed out on the migraines but the age is about right for one of these.  It usually resolves itself by a total upheaval in your life and binge drinking. :lol:  Yeah, let's not go there.

So my friend who I said can't stop.  I text her a picture of bat yard art I got for Christmas.  Write: Got him for Christmas, Little batty.  She calls me to see if I'm okay, lol.  Says, you said you were batty.  No, I sent you a picture of a metal bat. :lol:

I do have plans to be in the garden tomorrow.  We need to fix that row cover.