Gardening

Gracii Guns

Enjoy the garden. We'll at least be just a bit below zero tomorrow.

Im sorry to hear that your daughter isnt herself lately. I can only imagine how brutal migraines are - do you suffer them?

Hahaha, people think Im a little batty too! :lol: Thats hilarious! 

A metal bat must look bad ass :headbang:

We are still having spring weather.  Brian and I are predicting tornadoes over the weekend.  Don't know, I haven't watch the news in a while but it's feeling like it could go that way.

I only get little migraines occasionally now.  Headaches that last for most of the day or night.  Nothing like I had when I was younger.  Light still bothers me and there's no way I'll ever drink red wine again.  It's something from my father's side.  All the kids have it as did he.

Love yard art.  I got the bat and a fish.  It's one of those things you don't tell anybody about or they load you up with not your taste, lol.  The owl shirt was a little joke from my daughter.  I bought one owl I liked and everybody wanted to buy me owls!  

Thats an interesting thing, that you can sense the coming of tornados. Must be an ominous feeling?

Yikes, sounds horrible, so Im glad that they arent as bad now.

Ha, what did you do with all your yard owls?? While Ive never had any yard art, I do enjoy on a road trip to stumble across a country side artisan shop. Everywhere is packed with metal yard art and they even make them there. Only happened like twice, but its fun! 

Wish I was at a garden today! Im flip flopping on when to trim my basil.

We're not sensing tornadoes.  It's the ever changing weather comment.  Normally we have tornadoes in the spring but a few years ago we did have one in December.  So odd we all thought it was a malfunction in the sirens.  I was actually driving right through where it hit when they went off.  I came back through afterwards and wondered why all that insulation was in the trees, lol.  No idea there had been a tornado until I watched the news.  I was just down the road from it.

I can though sense through my headaches when there is a barometric change coming in the air pressure.  Part of what triggered the migraines.  Lots of people can do that.  Suddenly you realize you have a headache.

You know, you just learn to live with it.  There's an upside to migraines.  You feel like you have a second chance at life.  Not many people would say that, lol.

It's chilly and cloudy outside.  We should have did this yesterday.  I'm not looking forward to working at the garden.

I see. I could never imagine being that comfortable with Tornados as you describe! We are getting more here now and the destruction is humbling.

I get what you mean about once the migraine lifts you have a new perspective on being well and able. Im sure youre right that others might have a different view of it :lol:

I am so tired today! Will have to muster the will power to water the seedlings. With Christmas passed and New Years approaching I have a near panic setting in that spring will arrive before I know it

Oh I'm not comfortable with tornadoes.  I was just in denial that day.  I'm always on alert for those.  Every spring same tornado dream.  I'm blown back into the wall and slide down behind the armchair.  Yeah, I don't have a chair like that.  I'd probably freak if I walked into a house with one of those. :lol:  I was looking at all the new factory construction.  They put up those thin cement walls.  Reminds me of trailer construction for business.  Those are all around me.  Tornadoes always hit the trailer park and this is going to be no different.  Those are tornado magnets!

I become nocturnal in the winter.  Those drab days just make me want to sleep.  The lights are brighter at night.  Forgot to tell you.  It was so nice here I got to walk the neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights.

The garden grasses are just spectacular this time of year.  The yellows and reds really stand out as do the plumes.  Wasn't bad out there but really soggy.

I was in denial for a tornado last year.... while it was happening.... at my house! It destroyed the neighbourhood and some homes, but I just listened to a podcast while it happened around me. Im so lucky. That dream sounds freaky!! Same here about the trailer parks - thats strange.

That sounds magical to walk at night with the Christmas lights all around. Im resisting a nap now.

Like the monkey grass you mean? Or do you have red lawns?? Sounds beautiful either way.

My kale is finally growing again! :headbang:I switched it to a different T5 by a different brand. Its amazing the difference its made.

Those tall ornamental grasses. https://www.google.com/search?q=ornamental+grasses&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&sxsrf=ACYBGNQQkzW2wm3x0qy049G3o8ZFjRxcxQ:1577485926523&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi_g6eC8dbmAhXILs0KHfDlAikQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1366&bih=625

I'm getting those little soil gnats.  I'm wondering if I can use some hydrogen peroxide spray on the soil while I'm trying to germinate seeds.  Asking Marsha, lol.

So this movie is going well.  Starts off with the lady having to put her dog down.  Now she is trying speed dating for seniors.  Not my life but we have the same look on our faces, lol.  Is there some way out?  Where's the happy ending?  So far she's drinking a lot of alcohol.  And it had such a cute title.

Ooops, busted sort of regifting.  My mother gave me perfume for Christmas.  I assumed she got the packages mixed up because I don't wear perfume due to allergies.  So I figured it was for my sister in law and gave it to here.  No she meant it for me as a special gift.  Didn't know I don't wear perfume.

Edited by cineater

Oh, I thought those grasses were called monkey grass, but I see theres more variety. Must be really pretty.

I think I have soil gnats too! Tiny little black things that sometimes congregate on the central leaves of the basil. Please let me know what Marsha says?

HAHAHAHAHAH, the same look on your face. Oh man. From here it looks like you got all this cool stuff going on.

Totally busted! Well, everyones heart was in the right place. I once volunteered the info that I was refitting something, because it was on top of the gift I bought them. But they'd misunderstood the term and thought it meant like, I got something cool but figured they should have it more. So this guy goes around telling like everyone on earth, in an excited voice, how I regifted them this year :facepalm::facepalm::lol:

Back out into the world today... I anticipate it will be like a smack in the face

Do your gnats fly?

I fast forwarded through that movie to see if it got any better.  She drank through the whole movie, cried and drank some more, lol.

The whole gift thing melted into who's losing their mind.  She thinks I was part of a conversation that I have no memory of.  Could have been there and just playing along or it was somebody else.  One of us has been busted.

Whatever we have blowing through today is pushing bad stuff your way.  I'm venturing out to the pub for some pinball practice, no drinks just pinball.  League starts up again next month.

Maybe I'm not losing my mind, lol.  My daughter sent me her guest list to make into address labels.  Believe it or not, this is something I can do with technology the rest of the world flips out over.  Just let me get your spreadsheet in order little girl.  Been a few years but I can do a mail merge.

Edited by cineater

They do fly. I only guess that they are gnats, though

Sounds like quite the downer of a film! :lol: I kinda like those character study films sometimes.

The would be frustrating. Hopefully your sister will enjoy it at least.

Todays nice here, so Ill enjoy that until your stuff arrives. Oh fun - enjoy that pinball! You going for the gold this season?!?!

Nice - I wouldnt know how to do that either. You tech master, you! :lol: And if theres anyone you dont like, there could be some sort of computer glitch that leaves them out... j/k

Mountain bread pizza with fresh cut basil coming up for dinner :headbang:

Edited by soon

Spray the soil with 5% hydrogen peroxide mixed in water.  10 days later do it again for the new hatchlings.

Danny beat me in almost every game!  There were a few new machines.  Stranger Things has this flower behind a wall.  Once the wall is down you have to shoot it in the hole in the center of the flower.  Kind of fun to wail on that.  The flower is a living being so he takes the punches, lol.

Thanks for gnat info! Will do.

You must be a bit out of practice, or youd kick his ass. That Stranger Things machine sounds fun :lol::headbang:I hope they'll be a Baby Yoda one!

I broke up my basil into too small of pieces and when the pizza came out of the oven, they were just tiny black specks, lol. 

Way off my game, lol.  Losing balls I should have had.  Reflexes just flat out dull.  I definitely needed more coffee. 

Was out looking about.  Mother nature in her grunge look.  There's a beauty there that gets lost in the rush to get out of the cold.

I thought basil was a mix in when baking.  Didn't know you could sprinkle it on top.

You'll get your groove back. This is your season!! They name a chicken dinner after the first place person iirc?? 

There really can be a beauty to grungy mother nature. Rotting leaves peaking out from under the snow, all that.

I was trying to be fancy with the fresh basil as a topping. But yeah, at least the sauce that I make has both dried oregano and dried basil - one could use fresh too I believe. I actually like, what to me is 'traditional', which is mostly dried oregano flavour. That might be NYC style, but Im not sure. But fresh basil as a topping is very traditional on Italian pizzas. I think next time Ill add the fresh basil after I cook it.

Hey there @downliner, I'm trying to remember what kind of traditional Italian pizza has fresh basil as a topping. I trust you know? :) :headbang:If you'd be so kind? Hope you're holidays have been great btw!

It's getting interesting at pinball.  Marcus showed up and is running the bar.  He's Greg's brother.  They look almost alike but Marcus wears a bandana.  Greg is a party boy.  Marcus is kind of intense.  They're both New York people.  And then you have John who was a silent partner until Greg kind of fell apart because of his divorce.  John's pretty laid back but he's the guy who got multiball in the kid department and takes an active role in raising the twins.  So who are these people?  There's more going on there than meets the eye.  I'm just playing pinball but people are starting to tell me a lot of shit.

Wasn't me, it was mom.  My sister confirmed I was nowhere around for the perfume conversation.

Hydro sprayed everybody.  Nothing moving in there.  The library classes are filling up!

Edited by cineater

Three men and 2 babies? I dont think I understand either.

Im glad your sister could confirm. I have a family member who will get pissy about having different memories of things.

What do you mean that hydro sprayed everyone??

Thats great about the classes! Makes sense, its a great roster!

Im experiencing some pain and Sweet Murder Spree is not happy that I'm not chasing and playing. A few new firsts with him. He was biting at my hand so I took out the spray bottle, then he attacked the bottle with abandon. And another first that makes me sad is that he made a calculated and real attempt to run out my door and down the hallway to the exit :( 

The gnats live on the soil.  I sprayed that diluted hydrogen peroxide on all soil surfaces and it killed them.

I was talking about the people who own and run the bar where I play pinball.  Nice group of people.  They kept their ownership of the place and a few other shops around there a secret for a long time.  Once they let me in on it, I got all the goings on, lol.  Question now is can Marcus play pinball.

Lily gets absolutely crazy in the winter.  She gets a lot more aggressive in her play.  It's like her hunting skills are at their peak.  She kind of loses interest in her toys that are out there but wants to hunt.  She hides behind stuff and jumps out for the attack only to run back for cover.  This is where a laser toy comes in handy.  They can't catch that, lol.  You can try throwing a blanket over a pile of toys so he has to grab for them.  Might like crumpled up tissue or newspaper.  A squeaker toy can be fun.  Go in another room and squeak it lightly once.  They think it's a mouse and come running.  

Those are great ideas to keep Beaker occupied and entertained without me, thanks!! I never even thought about the time of year and his behaviour. Maybe he's not trying to leave me but just wants to hunt for us? Thats what Ill tell my broken heart at least :lol: 

Take that gnats! I still have to do mine.

You mentioned you had 2nd chrsitams coming up? I cant believe New Years is almost here!

Oh god no, that cat is not leaving you.  I got in my new bedspread so that has Lily entertained.  Piles of laundry and new smells everywhere.  I guess you could really fuck with him and rearrange the furniture in the living room.  Whole new area for him to explore.

Apparently the person who got to my amazon list first is in my second Christmas.  My daughter said the list was almost gone when she got there.  Apparently she didn't go back in time for the Buckcherry cd or else I'm getting it in the next go go around.  I kind of like multiple unwrapping times but I'm also wondering if I should just order it now or wait.  I wish it would just disappear off your list when somebody gets it.

Yeah New Years.  Not really excited about the options.  I have to say if Marcus was being throw out there as a look see, I noticed.  That's entertainment, put a smile on my face.  Maybe the options are improving.  Until then, the carpets need cleaned, the bathroom needs repainting and there's always something going on with the gardens.

The Bird Gardening class is full and has a waiting list.  I had planned on 20 people per class and they set it up for 50 people.  The rest of the classes are filling up fast.  I'm well over the numbers I had hoped to bring in.  Now if those numbers increase the attendance at our all day workshop and enrollment in our Master Gardener training program, huge success for us.

Lily, omg, at 3:30 she was attacking everything in the bedroom.  My slippers got the worst of it, lol.  The girl was wild.  

I'm off to collect the heat mat and get a heavy duty extension cord.  I'm going to try to figure out how I'm setting up those other two lights.  My one sock is full and I don't want to overload it.  We start seeding on Saturday and I'll be bringing home some more flats.

That’s incredible about the bird garden class! Well done! Hope it pans out to master gardeners enrolment :headbang:

oh that Lily :lol: I hope they were old slippers. The boss is visiting me frequently, but I can hear him making a mess in the next room. 

Do you know that Baby Yoda from the Star Wars tv show? He’s a cutie. And Beaker is so much like him - only cuter. He keeps finding my phone charger cord when he visits me. And his slow but steady approach to get at the cord is like “baby yodaing” if you will - just too much cute.

youre still visiting the out door garden and you already get to start next years seedlings - too cool! Hope the heat mat is just what the lantana needs 

Do you have a cat that likes to chew on electrical cords.  No clue what that is all about but my neighbors cat did that.  Lily likes shoes and does that hug it and scratch the hell out of it with her back paws.  The whole baby Yoda confused the heck out of me, lol.  TV show not the movie, got it.

First time I've used a heating mat and this looks like a cheap one.  I'll have to call Marsha, is this suppose to be on all the time?  So I bought a timer but it only has one plug in and I bought a new carbon monoxide detector that has to be mounted on the wall instead of plugged in to a socket.  Was not awake when I went to the store, lol. 

Happy New Year!

Edited by cineater