Gardening

Gracii Guns

Yes! Chewing cords is a favorite pastime. It’s the only thing he’s well aware they I don’t want him to do that he makes no attempt the resist the urge or even hide it from me :facepalm: he just destroyed my headphones cored last week.

You should google baby yoda gifs for a cute-fix. 

I don’t know if you leave heater on all the time either. 

Happy New Year!

I could use a cute fix.  Wasn't looking for one but oka.

I guess I'm going with the garden for direction.  I seem to be doing good with the library classes.  I've decided I don't like the look of our gardens.  They're too orderly.  No whimsy.  We're way too rigid.  I don't know how to do that but I have just the artist in mind.

I just meant to say whenever you want one. In too much pain to think straight, sorry. Hope you like them!

Im glad your direction for the new year is revealing itself to you. A lot of gardens are a bit rigid, aren’t they? Could use your artistic touch. The walking path seems to be like that, to me.

Right now I can’t think passed the next half hour. Hope to have soup. :lol:

My seedlings are on their last legs. Hope I can manage to water them in time.

the boss tested boundaries and swatted at me as I lay. I grabbed him by the tuff and pulled him on my chest. He liked being there. Only problem is now he seems to think that swatting me is the way to ask for that :facepalm: He did spend what seemed like hours licking my foot over night - a way to care for me :lol:

Are there any New Year’s Day lantana germination??

Nothing in the lantana department.  I'm going to get back there today and warm their little butts up.

Lily is still a little crazy.  We've been up late so that helps.  I haven't seen Mr Kitty in a while now.  Hope he's not gone.

So what's your plan for the new year?

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Dark side?  As in join the rat race?

I sure hope that the power of the dark side exceeds that! I’ll rule with a robotic fist!!

I managed to dump water on - or towards - my seedlings. I suspect that impact may have killed the weaker and saved the stronger ones.

Pull out the robotic fist and you'll just get it wet and muddy.

Water from the bottom on seedlings.  I've been known to stick whole flats in the bathtub to let them soak up water from the bottom.

I am wired, almost.  The heat mat is hooked up.  After Saturday I'm going to need to move the hostas out of the lights and onto the table.  But then, what am I going to do with the lavender?  The coleus are nice and bushy but if I pull them too far out of the lights they will elongate.  I really need their space for more seedlings.  And then there's that 300 watt light.  Marsha is going to come visit tomorrow.  We'll figure out a better set up.

Edited by cineater

Maybe Edward Trowel Hands then :lol:

i wish I could have watered properly but my mobility is so poor that I was actually proud for trying.

Im curious about the heat pad - how only does it run per cycle? 

Must feel nice to be getting your grow room wired and sorted. Im still so impressed about that lavender!! Nice problem to have with such lush growth that you are running out of space.

Marsha healed up quick! Thats great.

Edited by soon

Edward Trowel Hands, good name for a scarecrow.  That could put some whimsy in the garden.  You may see him someday.

I thought you were all better.  If you don't mind, what's going on with you?  Marsha was out cutting down a tree when I called her.  The woman does not take it easy well.

The heat mat is supposed to be on all the time.  The dome was moisture covered when I checked it so I've cracked it to let out the humidity.  It feels pretty hot.  It's new and it's used so I'm turning it off when I'm in bed.  I have it on the bottom shelf so I'm not sure how the plants are going to like being at a lower temperature then the top shelf.

I hope I do see Edward Trowel Hands!!!

i thought I was all better too. This sucks.

id prolly turn it off in those cases too. Hopefully it does the trick!!

my anise hyssop barely suffered. It must be originally from the wild, locally. The basil was very displeased. Will hope to get back over there.

Basil usually likes to be neglected.  Just saying hyssop and I can smell it, lol.  At first that was a real turn off for me with that plant but now I'm addicted to the smell.

I did remember to turn off the heat mat.  Even with the dome cracked, there's too much moisture in there.  I can't even see through.  I need a Marsha lesson!

I have to get all this Christmas stuff put away, repot my living room plant and do the grocery shopping.  Except I have this 1000 piece puzzle spread out all over the table, lol.  Hours go by when I'm playing with that.

Yeah, it’s a beautiful scent. My kale is tolerating neglect well too (as far as I know! Lol)

maybe until the lantana poke through, the excessive moisture is good? Where are they native to?

Sounds like a nicer way to spend time then doing groceries. Although I would love to be able to do groceries. I got myself up for a stretch and managed to stub my toe really hard since I was walking shaky. It’s bruised purple and extremely painful. So that’s nice.

the boss is continuing to adapt.

hoping to do this ‘rebury’ the kale thing. It grows out into a spindly elbow shape and then you have to bury the bottom part of the elbow. And then it can really shoot up.

That's interesting with the kale.

No extra watering with the heat mat.  We set up the other two lights and now I have room for 6 more flats.  I'm getting onions and geraniums on Saturday. The moisture can cause fungus and gnats on the lantana but it also helps break down the seedling coat.

I hate hitting my toe!  You think you broke it?  It's probably better if you wear your shoes so it doesn't have as much freedom of movement even though it hurts to put the shoe on.  Lost my motivation to do a lot today, lol.  

I think its entirely likely that its broken :( I wish I would have thought to put on a shoe before, now I cant get into one. You've got that puzzle to do!

Thats neat about the moisture breaking down the seed coating. Though to strike a balance I guess?

I had a thought about your 300 watter. What about mounting it on a ceiling and once you need to swap out large plants for seedlings, you can at least keep them under some light? Since its on the ceiling you could fit lots of pots under it? It might just keep them in a holding pattern at least?

We clammed the lights onto the frame so they light up the card table in front of the frame.  Coleus and hostas all get moved to the table once the seeds come in.  The lavender is soaking up that 300 as we speak.

Non motivated just means that wasn't much fun, lol.  Got the last hash brown bag at the grocery store.  Guess they got hit hard with all the holiday breakfasts.  Outdoor lights are down.  Not the white ones on the patio, they stay on all year.  Might taken down the indoor stuff tonight but then again there is that puzzle.

Poor toe!  Maybe the universe wants you to sit on your ass for a while.  When you're better, get a walking stick for those shaky days.  Pine makes excellent ones.  Just for fun you can paint on it or use one of those soldering irons to burn little designs into it.  Widdle if you won't hurt yourself, lol.  It's a handy weapon too but keep that to yourself.  You might be able to make one out of a thrown out Christmas tree if the base isn't too big.

Holy shit.  The library called and wants to move the class on Bird Gardening to a larger room to accommodate more people.  They had 14 people on the waiting list.  I was hoping for 20 people per class and almost every class is over that.  They set us up for 50 people per class.  This turned out to be a really good idea.

Sounds like a great system for the 300. Im sure the lavender should love that!

Oh no! Not even puzzle fun. Speaking of bags of hash browns. I had accidentally bought too many bags on my ill fated grocery run. And having gone through all other frozen options to put on my aches and pains, Ive been icing my back and toe with the hash browns. So your tasty recipe has now given me two big hugs, lol.

You know, just about a week ago I was sitting and looking at my stash of home medical devices and thinking 'I wonder if I can get rid of some of those now?' (not a pleasant reminder to look at them). Sigh. Really good thing I didnt. Id love to wittel my own walking stick, but yeah, the universe would apparently take the opportunity to somehow decapitate me. And I dont want my capa-detated!!! :lol: I too am a proponent of the heavy stick idea for the disabled. Whats that proverb, "limp oddly and carry a big stick?" Something like that :lol:

I always loved this Peter Tosh song "I am The Toughest" that for me is about the power in disability. Who else can endure the bordum of laying in one position for days and weeks? Can Michael Jordan last 10 minutes at wheel chair basketball - and could he shoot a 3 pointer? And in the refrain Tosh speaks to how simple it is to love all forms of humanity. Anyways, this morning I took a few steps with no cane touching the ground. As I did it I grimaced "I am the toughest! I am the fuckign toughest!" In a guttural voice that must have sounded like one of those Far Right AM radio call in hosts who fears everything, if you know that type that I mean.

Meow meow meow, here's that track :lol:

PS: Basil has bounced back as well! Everything is growing perfectly!

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Holy shit.  The library called and wants to move the class on Bird Gardening to a larger room to accommodate more people.  They had 14 people on the waiting list.  I was hoping for 20 people per class and almost every class is over that.  They set us up for 50 people per class.  This turned out to be a really good idea.

Thats awesome! It was always a really great idea. But its also about who really shapes the idea and who delivers it to the library. Well done, cineater!

Im sure it has to result in some MG enrolment too :headbang:

These are gone be fun, too!

Did you know I love Reggae?  Great song!  Don't push it.  There's something mysterious about a man with a walking staff.  Get yourself a tall stick.  I see these people with hiking poles and think, too short.  They are bent over.  Get a taller stick and stand up straight.  Mine always came to about my shoulder.  And it's a weapon, lol.

You can call me Cin.  Puzzle is done.  That's always fun and addictive.

Checked on the other classes.  The compost class has a waiting list and the mole class is full.  Great beginning to wear I want it to go.  I'm still hoping to schedule garden tours through the library but waiting on the construction plans.  I think I have a great idea for raising some big bucks for the Extension Center.  It involves golf.  I don't know the first thing about golfing except people like to do that. :lol:

I used the pineapple juice as the water to make rice.  Didn't let it boil in case it did something to the sugars.  Made the teriyaki stir fry a little more favorable.

Edited by cineater

^^^ Will respond. Aslo plan to PM a more detailed account of my health.

But in the meantime, Im wired from my trip. Yep, I pulled on them boots :headbang:

Thought it would be great if I even made to to the corner store, which I needed for the necessitates of life. Once I got their, I kept going and got all my errands done!! Many KMs of foot travel. Its a miracle. I walked to the rhythm of Kashmir, lol.

Its dark out and Im still with out my walking stick (but I do have the cane that I always walk with), so I had to put out some serious 'fuck off' vibes. And when a skin head mocked me, I turned and hobbled towards him, laughing. All 4 ft of him. (Is it just me or is like 80% of skin heads tiny, along with 95% of the Alt Right?) Anyways, he packed up his little pecker and moved on :lol:

So, even if I think Ive now pulled a muscle in my stomach, and even though I will be stuck in bed for the next 48, the story is that when it comes to self preservation and care; your boy is a absolute champion.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Holy shit, Illinois legalized recreational pot and then taxed it at 20%.  Okay, just stick with your local dealer. :lol:

:lol: Yep, thats pretty much what its been like here too - plus it was only legal by mail order with an additional $5 charge for a few months. My province lost $14 million in the first year, somehow. :facepalm:

Although last night in my journey I bought some for pain relief. It was the first time I could buy organic certified buds. The grower is also LEED certified for sustainable energy usage. I'm really excited about that! Also it is the only stuff that comes in a glass container which is great because the Public Broadcaster did an expose about how the plastics we place in recycling arent actually getting recycled in many cases. Just bought and sold to a never ending series or recycling companies before sometimes ending up in foreign land fill.

These high quality and organic certified buds cost me exactly $7 over street rates (where theres no organic). And with the right metrics Im happy to pay taxes. And then theres the matter of these sexy cashiers whom I dont have to sit around waiting for at home like a dealer.

In this limited case, Im happy with the arrangement. But yeah, the prices are feuling the black market. What a joke! :lol:

On January 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM, cineater said:

Did you know I love Reggae?  Great song!  Don't push it.  There's something mysterious about a man with a walking staff.  Get yourself a tall stick.  I see these people with hiking poles and think, too short.  They are bent over.  Get a taller stick and stand up straight.  Mine always came to about my shoulder.  And it's a weapon, lol.

You can call me Cin.  Puzzle is done.  That's always fun and addictive.

Checked on the other classes.  The compost class has a waiting list and the mole class is full.  Great beginning to wear I want it to go.  I'm still hoping to schedule garden tours through the library but waiting on the construction plans.  I think I have a great idea for raising some big bucks for the Extension Center.  It involves golf.  I don't know the first thing about golfing except people like to do that. :lol:

I used the pineapple juice as the water to make rice.  Didn't let it boil in case it did something to the sugars.  Made the teriyaki stir fry a little more favorable.

I dont think I did know you love reggae - Im glad you like this song! Im always looking to learn more about Reggae, but I own a few albums including Bush Fire with that track on it.

I did push it. Way too much. It was pure adrenalin and the will to survive. I cant imagine ever doing that again. Least of all today where I am back to day 1. Both pain way sand mobility wise. I also feel groggy after being so wired until late last night. Was hiring your song in my head which was calming :) 

I think I will get a nice shoulder length walking stick/ nazi tenderizer. Thanks for the idea, Cin!

Man these classes have just taken off :headbang:And I love how you've got it all integrated with the garden.

You have got to tell me about this golf idea?!?! :lol:

Thats an awesome idea for the rice. I need to try that! And a teriyaki stirfry. Soon as I can move and collect the ingredients. I meant to buy canned pastas and other ready meals last night, but I was just zoned, on autopilot, so I bought what id normally buy when it comes to pasta: Everything fresh. :facepalm: And I forgot to buy more noodles because, well, make them fresh. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :lol:

I want that rice so bad now :drool:

Edited by soon