Gardening

Gracii Guns

That's cute.  Of course, if you go big time the Dead will jump on those trademarks.

We did the save the date cards for the wedding.  Wasn't that big of deal, more of a peel and stick thing.  The big news of the day is Caleb brought a new truck, probably the first new automobile he's ever had.  Their both pretty excited and when good shit happens, we celebrate.  Stopped by and got him a monster truck balloon, lol.  Nice day with my daughter.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

That's cute.  Of course, if you go big time the Dead will jump on those trademarks.

We did the save the date cards for the wedding.  Wasn't that big of deal, more of a peel and stick thing.  The big news of the day is Caleb brought a new truck, probably the first new automobile he's ever had.  Their both pretty excited and when good shit happens, we celebrate.  Stopped by and got him a monster truck balloon, lol.  Nice day with my daughter.

Maybe if I add crystals they will buy my company? :lol:

Thats so exciting to be doing the save the dates!

So cool for Caleb! Good for him :headbang:I love the balloon too!

Your family sounds so fun and nice.

I'm thinking we should have a theme year.  They are doing all the work on the creek so we have a prime opportunity to talk about watersheds and erosion.  The keynote speaker for our all day workshop is on climate change.  What other garden topics would you focus on with those 2 biggies leading off?

That compost class got me thinking.  We have the lasagna garden which is basically composting but you can plant in it now.  We made that big basket in the center of it and started over again.  I'm thinking that's a great idea for the urban gardener who doesn't like the look of a compost pile in their yard and doesn't want to build a structure to hide it.  It would add a dimension to their yard while still being a planter.  Only problem is you have to collect what you need and then build it.  What do you do with the stuff as you collect it over time?  To use the compost, you have to wait until what you planted in it is done growing.  It's an option to promote.

I know I didn't finish that book but I really like looking at plantings as a community instead of as individual specimens.  I'm going to keep researching that.

They're coming by with the truck, lol.  We like each other in our family.  Nobody we'd rather celebrate with.

18 new coleus and I ran out of 6 packs to put them in.  I'll probably get 18 more and then that's it.  I'm out of room for them.  I guess I'll start pinching them back and let them get bushy.

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm thinking we should have a theme year.  They are doing all the work on the creek so we have a prime opportunity to talk about watersheds and erosion.  The keynote speaker for our all day workshop is on climate change.  What other garden topics would you focus on with those 2 biggies leading off?

That compost class got me thinking.  We have the lasagna garden which is basically composting but you can plant in it now.  We made that big basket in the center of it and started over again.  I'm thinking that's a great idea for the urban gardener who doesn't like the look of a compost pile in their yard and doesn't want to build a structure to hide it.  It would add a dimension to their yard while still being a planter.  Only problem is you have to collect what you need and then build it.  What do you do with the stuff as you collect it over time?  To use the compost, you have to wait until what you planted in it is done growing.  It's an option to promote.

I know I didn't finish that book but I really like looking at plantings as a community instead of as individual specimens.  I'm going to keep researching that.

They're coming by with the truck, lol.  We like each other in our family.  Nobody we'd rather celebrate with.

18 new coleus and I ran out of 6 packs to put them in.  I'll probably get 18 more and then that's it.  I'm out of room for them.  I guess I'll start pinching them back and let them get bushy.

I love your theme!! :headbang:Yeah, perfect opportunity to talk about the watersheds and erosion. I wish I could go to that and the climate change workshop! I will have to keep thinking about what else might go in that theme (and drink more coffee :lol:)

I think the lasagna garden would go perfectly with the theme too. And its definitely an attractive option for the reasons you've said. Ive amassed large quantities of compostables in my freezer before, so that the compost bin had the correct mix of wet and dry going in day by day. And it helps break down the organic mater, too. I have a chest freezer though, so not an option for everyone. I guess in some instances, people could ask all their neighbours to keep one weeks worth of compostables for them. They can collect them and start the lasagna garden... good excuse for a garden party later in the summer too. 

Im still hoping to check out that book even if it wasnt all that. I took a webinar series on 'food forests' and it seems similar. They claimed with the right parings there was never any pests or weeds, even!

I hope y'all had a ball cruising in the new truck! Or checking it out however you did!

Wow! Good thing that lantana didnt take, youd be moving to your cat shelter while the plants take over the house :lol:

Edited by soon

I have one bed I rarely touch.  It's packed full of plants.  I don't think it looks all that great but other folks do.  I could call it The Most Neglected Bed in the Garden and teach about plant communities from there.

I don't think that lantana is ever going to come up.  I'm ready to pitch them.  We have another seeding party on the 8th and I'll need the lights for something we know will grow.  The greenhouse opens on the 15th but Marsha won't let the coleus in there for some reason.  I think it's only the cool season veggies. 

Man, I wish I had a seeding party to attend. Sounds like bliss. 

I guess it makes sense to use the greenhouse space for the veg so that they all grow at the same rate and can be more easily cared for and harvested that way?

Haha, I like that workshop title :lol: If you grow like celery, onion, parsley, tomato, garlic, maybe carrot it could be twice as much the 'lasagna garden!'

The greenhouse is for plants going up for sale.  The first plant sale is March 21st for the cool season veggies.  No way anybody could stay in there and grow up to harvesting point.  We only have a heater we use for the night time lows.  During the day with the sun out and it's freezing outside, I'm in there stripping down because it's so hot.  Sometime in May we have to abandon ship in there as it is way too hot for people or plants.

We have to stop growing so much food!  We sent over 3000 pounds to the food pantry last year.  All our time is taken up harvesting.  They are sharing the extra's with another county.  It's time to focus on teaching them to grown their own shit.  Or at least come over and harvest it.

Everything about gardening is bliss.  Even the bad stuff, I'm still having a good time.  It makes me happy and skinny. :lol:

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

The greenhouse is for plants going up for sale.  The first plant sale is March 21st for the cool season veggies.  No way anybody could stay in there and grow up to harvesting point.  We only have a heater we use for the night time lows.  During the day with the sun out and it's freezing outside, I'm in there stripping down because it's so hot.  Sometime in May we have to abandon ship in there as it is way too hot for people or plants.

For sure. I meant that if you all started veg at your various grow rooms, when they get put in ground they would be at different stages and not ready to harvest at the same time.

Belive me, if it were easy to grow veggies indoors Id be all over that! :headbang:

4 minutes ago, cineater said:

Everything about gardening is bliss.  Even the bad stuff, I'm still having a good time.  It makes me happy and skinny. :lol:

Well said! :lol:

This is kind of cool.  I got the catalog from the Botanical Gardens on all the classes they offer.  Giving me all kinds of ideas for classes we could do.  Why go all the way downtown and pay that price?

Our monthly meeting was cancelled tonight for weather.  Hopefully our planning meeting for tomorrow is not cancelled.

Watched the end of the narrow boat show.  He was out almost 2 years and has come back to where he started.  Gave us a tour of the boat.  Thank you but I'll stay topside.  Sounds like he is going to continue to float around and plans to continue the show.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

This is kind of cool.  I got the catalog from the Botanical Gardens on all the classes they offer.  Giving me all kinds of ideas for classes we could do.  Why go all the way downtown and pay that price?

Our monthly meeting was cancelled tonight for weather.  Hopefully our planning meeting for tomorrow is not cancelled.

Watched the end of the narrow boat show.  He was out almost 2 years and has come back to where he started.  Gave us a tour of the boat.  Thank you but I'll stay topside.  Sounds like he is going to continue to float around and plans to continue the show.

Nice, have you picked any class ideas from the Botanical Gardens catalog?

Unless it was tornados that cancelled your meeting, we the north mock y'all for fearing the little bit of snow you get! :P:lol:

A 2 year boating journey?! Thats pretty cool. I hope he will continue, would be a shame if t were over.

In my gardening news today, I keep my hair cuts hair to put in my gardens. I will be cutting my 'hippie in a mugshot' hair and beard today. I think it will fill an entire Costco sized Folgers coffee tin!! :lol:

You're cleaning up?  People usually keep all that hair on for their winter protection.

Yes we are wusses when it comes to winter.  On the plus side it gets us out of a lot of shit.  Tell us to stay home and we jump on it.  The truth is, we have a whole group of people who have no clue how to drive in the snow and the rest of us are afraid of them.  They crash upon seeing the first snowflake.  They have SUV's and see no reason to slow down.  We have no clue what a snow tire is.  We feel sorry for you where you live.

Haven't been through that booklet yet.  I did see a class on summer soups.  Have to watch out for cute name but really it's basic information on stuff I already know.

Planning meeting this morning.  Not my time of day to be dreaming shit up.  I'm going to need more coffee.

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

You're cleaning up?  People usually keep all that hair on for their winter protection.

Yes we are wusses when it comes to winter.  On the plus side it gets us out of a lot of shit.  Tell us to stay home and we jump on it.  The truth is, we have a whole group of people who have no clue how to drive in the snow and the rest of us are afraid of them.  They crash upon seeing the first snowflake.  They have SUV's and see no reason to slow down.  We have no clue what a snow tire is.  We feel sorry for you where you live.

Haven't been through that booklet yet.  I did see a class on summer soups.  Have to watch out for cute name but really it's basic information on stuff I already know.

Planning meeting this morning.  Not my time of day to be dreaming shit up.  I'm going to need more coffee.

I think I will keep my hair fairly long still - Im having fun with that. But its too long and coupled with this beard its all too much! I never feel fully clean :lol: If I had my walking stick Id be Gandolff.

I cant stand people who cant drive in the snow or refuse to adjust to the conditions!! I feel sorry for where I live too! lol. But the novelty of snow days wears off before too long and then its cabin fever time :wow:

I think the workshop that I would go well with your theme is one that you've already done a lot with, and that is native pollinator plants. Here the conversation is about creating native pollinator corridors. Like its great for us to individually have some friendly, organic, pesticide free natives that pollinators love. But their idea is that its even cooler if there are city wide networks that they can travel. So here, as far as I gather, some level of govt is funding to have natives planted along migration routes of butterflies - milk pods I believe. And theres education about how to make your street or block into a 'pollinator haven' (not the word they used, but I forget the word). Where every yard has some organic, pesticide free natives that pollinators love. I dont really know much about it though.

I hope your meeting goes well! I seem to always need more coffee these days :lol:. Yesterday when I was out doing errands with my cane in the deep snow and slush, a dude just came up to me and handed me a Tims coffee. Very cool. 

You've already dreamed up enough shit, you can use this time to remind them of it all :headbang:

I didn't find the meeting very motivating or enticing.  Philosophical with no real action plans.  Yes we're going to form some committees and take another survey.  I can tell you from working with this group it's mostly individual efforts and they don't do surveys.  I'll go with the flow but I'm pretty sure everybody left that meeting and won't think about it again until it comes up the next time.  And the meeting took 3 fucking hours!

And then my mother called to say she got the save the date card.  Pretty clear from the conversation she didn't like the picture.

Not a day for conversation. :lol:

Edited by cineater

Theres something kinda great about your mom not liking the picture on the save the date :lol: A good omen, of some sort.

Three hour meetings - thats some nu guns stuff! Sounds boring and painful. Maybe others needed to get into the philosophy of it all, whereas you are already immersed in it?

I hope he got them to buy into the philosophy of it all.  It's shit I've been saying all last year that nothing happen with.  I'll jump on board with how he's directing it.  Maybe two of us pushing in the same direction will get them moving.

Mom is who she is.  She's a good mom.

No gardening today.  I'm grouting in the bathroom.  One last ditch effort not to have to remodel the whole room.  Somewhere in that shower I have a leak.  I've had the plummer over and he couldn't fix it.  Pretty sure he was on drugs.  I don't think this is the source of the leak but I'll try.  The house could use some updating anyway so if this doesn't work I'll just keep using my second bathroom until I get the wedding paid for.  My real problem is I don't know what I want to do along the remodel line.

That went well.  I didn't have the float tool so I used a spatula.  And I didn't have a clean bucket so a big pot did the job.  And why get my pants dirty so I was in there in my underwear. :lol:  Lily thought that was great fun.  I think she's still sitting in the tub trying to figure out what it was all about.

Edited by cineater

3 hours ago, cineater said:

I hope he got them to buy into the philosophy of it all.  It's shit I've been saying all last year that nothing happen with.  I'll jump on board with how he's directing it.  Maybe two of us pushing in the same direction will get them moving.

Mom is who she is.  She's a good mom.

No gardening today.  I'm grouting in the bathroom.  One last ditch effort not to have to remodel the whole room.  Somewhere in that shower I have a leak.  I've had the plummer over and he couldn't fix it.  Pretty sure he was on drugs.  I don't think this is the source of the leak but I'll try.  The house could use some updating anyway so if this doesn't work I'll just keep using my second bathroom until I get the wedding paid for.  My real problem is I don't know what I want to do along the remodel line.

That went well.  I didn't have the float tool so I used a spatula.  And I didn't have a clean bucket so a big pot did the job.  And why get my pants dirty so I was in there in my underwear. :lol:  Lily thought that was great fun.  I think she's still sitting in the tub trying to figure out what it was all about.

Good - people who wear pants in the privacy of their own home freak me out :lol:

Oh sweet Lily :) If Lily is like Beaker, she might be inspecting your handy work!? I hope it patched up the problem. Feels good to do home improvements, eh?

Just let your philosophy become theirs and then "join" their philosophy. People are weird... groups of people are pretty much unexplainable :lol: I really hope it does get them moving.

Harvesting kale and anise hyssop for todays lentil curry, large batches. But first, pita pizza with my garden pesto :drool:

I keep thinking about that hyssop burger.  What's the recipe for that?  I bet I can find some hyssop in the garden.

I still have to caulk but that I'm actually pretty good at.  I've had a great day.  Mom called to tell me my nephew liked his birthday gift and even took the bow home to reuse.  Got my taxes done.  Don't know if you have that but we do this yearly even up with the government.  It's a lot of forms and math.  They owe me.  Unfortunately when I have free money an unexpected bill comes along and takes it but at least I have the money, lol.

I'm just not going to worry about the garden and its purpose.  It could be more but I like it just the way it is.  I could do more but that means more people and do I really want that?  I can leave it as my playground.

13 hours ago, cineater said:

I keep thinking about that hyssop burger.  What's the recipe for that?  I bet I can find some hyssop in the garden.

I still have to caulk but that I'm actually pretty good at.  I've had a great day.  Mom called to tell me my nephew liked his birthday gift and even took the bow home to reuse.  Got my taxes done.  Don't know if you have that but we do this yearly even up with the government.  It's a lot of forms and math.  They owe me.  Unfortunately when I have free money an unexpected bill comes along and takes it but at least I have the money, lol.

I'm just not going to worry about the garden and its purpose.  It could be more but I like it just the way it is.  I could do more but that means more people and do I really want that?  I can leave it as my playground.

This is pre coffee, I warn you my recipe might make no sense! :lol: Just let me know if I can help with anything!

Spoiler

For the hyssop burgers I cut some leaves off the plant. I rolled them up like tight cigars and cut them into thin slices. So then when they unroll they are slivers of leaf (very small). I used some hyssop in the burger and some as a garnish/topping. I diced up the amount I used in the burger and I kept the hyssop for the topping in the slivers.

I was very sparring and cautious, adding very little diced herb to the burger mix. And Im glad I did.

- Prepare hyssop the two ways as explained above

- Ground beef into a mixing bowl, break it up a bit with hands

- Add lots of salt and pepper to the ground beef

- Add the finely diced hyssop to the ground beef (less is more, but enough that its visible once all mixed together - think of it as in 'how many bites will include a piece of hyssop per burger' and make to taste)

- Form burger patties using one palm and the other hand to form it. Maybe slap from palm to palm. (Some people say not to 'over work' the meat, but I like my burgers to stay together while cooking so I form them quite firmly). I like a nice thick burger. Make the centre the thinnest part.

- Can store in containers in the fridge, operated by parchment paper. Or cook right away.

- Cook how you want. The way I did was on a heated up, medium heat cast iron. First on stove then into oven. Preheat oven to 400f. Preheat pan.

- Liberally cover the burgers tops with salt and pepper. pour out a bit of salt and pepper on cutting board or plate and roll the sides of burgers over it to coat the sides with seasoning.

- Add a drop of veg oil to heated cast iron (optional). Place burgers seasoned side down in pan. Liberally salt and pepper the top. And make an indentation with thumb in the centre of the burger (it will puff up while cooking, this helps it stay flat)

- Cook until there is a nice charr/crust forming on the burger

- Flip burgers, salt and pepper. Wait a moment to start forming the crust.

- Transfer into the preheated oven. Cook for a few minutes. (If needed to form good crust, return to stove top - but overcooked burger is worse than one with only one side of perfect crust)

- Top with ketchup and slivers of hyssop (either mix ahead and refrigerate - which may produce more flavour, or just add ketchup first to top of burger, then herbs, and use butter knife to blend together)

Im so happy you had a great day! Sounds like you got lots done and just generally kicked ass at life :headbang:Its a nice feeling when the kids like their gift.

I love a tax return! But I hate filing my taxes - such a pain in the ass. And sometimes no return. I know exactly what you mean about you get that 'free money' and suddenly theres an expense for it to cover. Was so close to getting that cordless drill! :lol:

The garden as a playground is definitely a good thing. So are your ideas though. I hope for a balance of the two.

Can't wait to try that burger.

You guys do the tax thing too?  I've always done my own taxes.  They're not that complicated and with those programs online, I whip right through them.  Told my daughter this is the last year we do her taxes.  Caleb has some self employed income so he has to use a pro and with them getting married it's a joint return.  Speaking of that, the bridesmaids are shopping for their dresses today.  The wedding is all coming together.  I'm still waiting for it to be a problem but it's going smoothly.

I need some exercise!  Been sitting way too much.

58 minutes ago, cineater said:

Can't wait to try that burger.

You guys do the tax thing too?  I've always done my own taxes.  They're not that complicated and with those programs online, I whip right through them.  Told my daughter this is the last year we do her taxes.  Caleb has some self employed income so he has to use a pro and with them getting married it's a joint return.  Speaking of that, the bridesmaids are shopping for their dresses today.  The wedding is all coming together.  I'm still waiting for it to be a problem but it's going smoothly.

I need some exercise!  Been sitting way too much.

We do. Yeah, Im always tempted to use a tax service too. Its going t become increasingly complicated as I remove illegal/non-taxed incomes and add more taxable streams of income. I guess like Caleb. A while back I helped a studio I worked at do the taxes and it was a nightmare!! Like down to 'is providing coffee a business expense if we drink most of it ourselves?' and any number of receipts and invoices.

I hope the brides maids have a blast! Smooth sailing so far, and it'll be here before you know it!

Well you had that nasty weather, that meeting-cancelling snowfall... You must have lots of shovelling at yours and your moms place? Same for me, too. Im snow in today. I might sign up for aqua fit.

lol, don't hate on me but really there's rarely a time to shovel around here.  It comes down and usually melts away the next day or two.  I only get out there and do it because I think it's fun.  Today I can be out there without a coat if I'm in the sun.  Never got over that, I'm from California and it's hard to make me wear a coat.  I have one but it's usually something I carry with me just in case.

Hang around tomorrow.  We have the adventures of taking Lily to the vet for her annual physical.  It's always a task to get her in the crate.  

My friend is trying to get me to sign up for the pool exercises.  It's good exercise but it's not hard enough to feel like I'm doing something.  I'm at home in the water.  It's not really a challenge for me.  If I had an injury or was way over weight, that's where I would go to get better.  I recommend starting there for a lot of people.  It will get you in shape and you don't even feel like you had to try that hard. 

I've been trying to get one of my overweight friends who is suffering from health issues because of that to exercise more and eat better.  The other day I was expressing my frustration and her solution was eat this, eat that.  All bad for you shit.  I'm thinking, I'm upset, not hungry, food isn't even on my mind.  I guess that's the fundamental difference.  She gets upset she finds comfort in food.  I on the other hand have to punch something, lol.  She celebrates with food and I jump up and down.

And speaking of California, my grandfather flew his plane into the side of one of those mountains.  Not sure if it was a mechanical or health issue.  It was a long time ago.

Edited by cineater

18 hours ago, cineater said:

lol, don't hate on me but really there's rarely a time to shovel around here.  It comes down and usually melts away the next day or two.  I only get out there and do it because I think it's fun.  Today I can be out there without a coat if I'm in the sun.  Never got over that, I'm from California and it's hard to make me wear a coat.  I have one but it's usually something I carry with me just in case.

Hang around tomorrow.  We have the adventures of taking Lily to the vet for her annual physical.  It's always a task to get her in the crate.  

My friend is trying to get me to sign up for the pool exercises.  It's good exercise but it's not hard enough to feel like I'm doing something.  I'm at home in the water.  It's not really a challenge for me.  If I had an injury or was way over weight, that's where I would go to get better.  I recommend starting there for a lot of people.  It will get you in shape and you don't even feel like you had to try that hard. 

I've been trying to get one of my overweight friends who is suffering from health issues because of that to exercise more and eat better.  The other day I was expressing my frustration and her solution was eat this, eat that.  All bad for you shit.  I'm thinking, I'm upset, not hungry, food isn't even on my mind.  I guess that's the fundamental difference.  She gets upset she finds comfort in food.  I on the other hand have to punch something, lol.  She celebrates with food and I jump up and down.

And speaking of California, my grandfather flew his plane into the side of one of those mountains.  Not sure if it was a mechanical or health issue.  It was a long time ago.

Has Lily had to get in her crate already? Hope she gets a clean bill of health!

I do hate you for that :lol: Talking about not even having to wear your coat was just cruel :lol:

I think I should sign up for aqua. Not looking forward to it at all though!

I feel so blessed that Im not wired that way about food. People suffer horribly from that type of relationship with food. I LOVE all things food - heck most of my celebrity crushs are chefs are food critics lol - but as far as eating food Im most excited about the cultural aspects. And food fueling healing and providing strength. Although, if I like saved a puppy from certain death or whatever, I guess I would expect that a celebratory plate of chicken and ribs be provided to me :lol:

Oh thats sad about your grandfather. Was he a commercial pilot? I gather the would be the same mountains that Kobe went down in?

Edited by soon

The mountains somewhere around the LA area.  He was one of those small airplane pilots.  I don't know how he got into that.  It was always a given grandpa had a plane but he was a line worker at a car plant and had a small grove of fruit trees.  He would fly to little towns and sell his limes to bars.  He was an alcoholic.  Didn't care for him.  We moved away when I was 8 and I rarely saw him.  Only rule he had was he didn't drink before he flew.

No cat in crate yet.  We still have a little time.  She was out but is now back under the bed.  I hate putting her in there early but now I hoping I can get her out.  Always tense when I have to crate her.  We've missed more vet appointments because I blew it and she's good! :lol:

Update:  Put the cat in the crate butt first works best but make sure you get the door latched good or you're doing it again.  Learned that the hard way. :lol:

Yeah, there goes the free money.  While rounding up Lily I discovered the whole floor of the closet was wet.  Opposite site of the tub so it could be coming from the sink.  It has an earthy smell to it so I'm wondering if it's a foundation crack.  I would have rather smelled cat pee than either of those problems.  Craig's coming tomorrow to check it out.  He's the guy I was going to have do the remodel.  Friend of mine from the garden.  He does home remodels.

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

The mountains somewhere around the LA area.  He was one of those small airplane pilots.  I don't know how he got into that.  It was always a given grandpa had a plane but he was a line worker at a car plant and had a small grove of fruit trees.  He would fly to little towns and sell his limes to bars.  He was an alcoholic.  Didn't care for him.  We moved away when I was 8 and I rarely saw him.  Only rule he had was he didn't drink before he flew.

No cat in crate yet.  We still have a little time.  She was out but is now back under the bed.  I hate putting her in there early but now I hoping I can get her out.  Always tense when I have to crate her.  We've missed more vet appointments because I blew it and she's good! :lol:

Update:  Put the cat in the crate butt first works best but make sure you get the door latched good or you're doing it again.  Learned that the hard way. :lol:

Yeah, there goes the free money.  While rounding up Lily I discovered the whole floor of the closet was wet.  Opposite site of the tub so it could be coming from the sink.  It has an earthy smell to it so I'm wondering if it's a foundation crack.  I would have rather smelled cat pee than either of those problems.  Craig's coming tomorrow to check it out.  He's the guy I was going to have do the remodel.  Friend of mine from the garden.  He does home remodels.

Growing limes and flying them to bars is kinda something.

I keep his crate on my work bench with his info and some food in case my neighbour causes a fire - its all ready to go. And Im pleasantly surprised with how comfortable he is with his crate. He explores it enthusiastically and sometimes seems to want in it! He also taught me how to give him worm medicine once. But still wont let me cut his claws so its vet time sooner then later if only just for that :facepalm:

Hahahahahaha - yeah those latches are tricky! Who designed those? Did they ever meet a cat?!?! :lol: But you got her back in.

That sucks about the moisture! Ugh. Its like clockwork isn't it? Hope the damage isn't too severe or expensive.

Some mucky muck in his fancy suit was too busy texting and walking to see there was only room between the amassed snow along the side walk for me, the guy struggling along with a cane, to pass through. So between my shoulder and the large snow bank offering leverage, he ended up in a slush puddle in the middle of traffic :axl92::lol:

You're probably sick of that cane but I'm glad you are up and about.  Consider the slush puddle his wake up call for don't do that!

Lily is a big old coward at the vet.  She's still letting me know her displeasure with that whole adventure.  I think she doesn't mind the car ride but she really hates the crate that is until we get there and then she won't come out.

My native plant club has informed me they have signed up to take care of a plot out at the nature preserve.  Guess I have another garden to tend.  I finished up the coleus cuttings and did a few begonias.  Looks like my lavender might want to bloom.  Still waiting on the lantana.

Have you noticed the days are getting longer?

Come to think of it, I have heard dripping water.  I just thought it was the shower and I hadn't turned it off enough.  But I only hear it after a shower and that would be in the other bathroom.  The 2 bathrooms back up to each other.  Since I'm on a slab, you have to cut out the drywall to see what's going on with the pipes.  This is turning into a mess real quick.

Edited by cineater