Gardening

Gracii Guns

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Did you get your haircut?  She's probably thinking growing out hair means giving up on life. :lol:  

Yeah a breeze on stuff makes them stronger.  You really notice it with tomatoes that seem to be all floppy.  That was an Evelyn trick.

No Craig, it just started to rain, but we are due for snow and hopefully that brings him around.  I've been looking at bathroom vanities all morning.  I just want this bathroom remodeled.  I tried of making it work and patch jobs.

Off to check on Miss Lily the dog.  My friend is having surgery today and I'm letting this sweet dog in and out.  If something happens to her, I'm stealing this dog!

She didnt even see me! She left the bag at my front door! But youd certainly have a point if she had seen me :lol: And yes, Im all trimmed up now. The thing is that people tend to just believe whatever they hear first. So no ones asking me 'is it true that...?" its more just people being all like "Aww, how you doing, hun??" And I havent quite figured out how to set the record straight without giving them the inquisition, then denying it, then coming off like Im chastising her or being desperate to hide the "truth." Ahhhhhhh!

I harden of my tomatoes and peppers outside. I guess I didnt think a fan could mimic the conditions the same way. On rainy days I will harden them off with a fan from now on!

Did you see any vanities that you like?

Haha - but what if you do get Lily the Dog? When you call "Lily" they might get quite competitive for your attention! Have fun wth her! 

She's been looking at you for months and you've come back from that garden probably looking like you need a bath. :lol:  Take it as people looking out for you, just smile and talk about how much you are looking forward to the next gardening season.  Says you're loving life.  Don't be surprised if somebody who is really struggling needs to chat.  You are going to be the comeback king.

We do have that ahead of us, take the plants our for hardening off.  I generally throw a tarp on the livingroom floor so I have less to travel from the inside to the out.

Had to cancel my meeting to plan out what we are going to do with the garden this year.  Snow and sleet coming in.  Rescheduled for next week.  Got to talk to the people on the team and they are pretty excited about doing this.

Not really seeing what I'm looking for in a vanity.  The nicer ones are on legs.  No way do I want to be cleaning out under a vanity in the bathroom.  The one I have is still in good shape, it needs a new top, but it's outdated looking.  I could paint it but I don't think those look all that great when they are done.  I'll probably go with what Craig thinks.  

I have Alum Root, Coral Bells, coming up.

lol, sometimes when I write things like this happen.  Last night one of my retired characters shows up, says he hasn't come to get me, just a visit.  I take him at his word because it is good to see him but am still suspicious he's up to something.  Tonight, I get an email from someone connected to that whole smokescreen, just saying she misses me and how wonderful I was.  She's keeping contact with me for later use.  This is the fun thing about writing, things like this happen.

Edited by cineater

16 hours ago, cineater said:

She's been looking at you for months and you've come back from that garden probably looking like you need a bath. :lol:  Take it as people looking out for you, just smile and talk about how much you are looking forward to the next gardening season.  Says you're loving life.  Don't be surprised if somebody who is really struggling needs to chat.  You are going to be the comeback king.

Hahaha! Im never living that down am I?? :lol:

I really appreciate the advice. I will do so. I really hope that no one struggling needs to chat. These days I dont feel that i have much to offer people.

16 hours ago, cineater said:

We do have that ahead of us, take the plants our for hardening off.  I generally throw a tarp on the livingroom floor so I have less to travel from the inside to the out.

Had to cancel my meeting to plan out what we are going to do with the garden this year.  Snow and sleet coming in.  Rescheduled for next week.  Got to talk to the people on the team and they are pretty excited about doing this.

Not really seeing what I'm looking for in a vanity.  The nicer ones are on legs.  No way do I want to be cleaning out under a vanity in the bathroom.  The one I have is still in good shape, it needs a new top, but it's outdated looking.  I could paint it but I don't think those look all that great when they are done.  I'll probably go with what Craig thinks.  

I have Alum Root, Coral Bells, coming up.

lol, sometimes when I write things like this happen.  Last night one of my retired characters shows up, says he hasn't come to get me, just a visit.  I take him at his word because it is good to see him but am still suspicious he's up to something.  Tonight, I get an email from someone connected to that whole smokescreen, just saying she misses me and how wonderful I was.  She's keeping contact with me for later use.  This is the fun thing about writing, things like this happen.

Great idea about the plants on the tarp. Hope that as a duo, Lily and Simone will allow it!

Imagine if I could use snow as an excuse to get out of meetings? That would be heaven :lol: Glad people are excited!

Yep, a vanity on legs is just one more spot to get stuck in, in the washroom, lol. I dont believe Ive ever so much as repainted anywhere Ive lived. Like I help freshen up our units between tenants, but Ive never spruced up somewhere I live in. Sounds fun and stressful all at once?

Ill have to google Coral Bells to see what they look like. Thats awesome. Do you remember I mentioned that those hippies who gave me some chives had also planted climbing beans in the the pot? Well I switched the pot and pulled out all the dead chives roots, transplanted the kale and basil to it. And now there are more f'n beans popping up. Hippies... Ugh. :lol: 

That sounds like juicy subject matter, indeed. A nice way to let of some steam about it all too.

Happens to me all the time.  Sleeping seeds popping up.  I'm probably going to get that with lantana.  We have a seeding party Saturday and Marsha is probably going to tell us to give up on them and make room for new stuff.  I'll throw the growing mix in my bucket to go in with my homemade potting soil.  Little bit of hippie stuff going on her too.

My phone is lighting up this morning with everyone talking about the weather.  I look outside and notice all the bird activity.  Spring is coming!

WTF, taking my shower and the exhaust fan starts making noise.  It's a 35 year old house.  I am due for lots of replacements and updates.  I almost want to move and get new but I like my place.

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Happens to me all the time.  Sleeping seeds popping up.  I'm probably going to get that with lantana.  We have a seeding party Saturday and Marsha is probably going to tell us to give up on them and make room for new stuff.  I'll throw the growing mix in my bucket to go in with my homemade potting soil.  Little bit of hippie stuff going on her too.

My phone is lighting up this morning with everyone talking about the weather.  I look outside and notice all the bird activity.  Spring is coming!

WTF, taking my shower and the exhaust fan starts making noise.  It's a 35 year old house.  I am due for lots of replacements and updates.  I almost want to move and get new but I like my place.

You hippie, you! lol. I yanked up all the beans.

Yay Spring!! I cant wait! Its -19c currently with loads of snow.

All the house stuff at once, eh? Sucks. Im the same in kinda wanting to move but liking my place.

Hey, did you find a dress you like?

Dress shopping is Friday.  They just announced the Stones are playing St Louis.  I have never seen them.  Don't know how much this is going to cost but I want to go!  Guess I better get in there and caulk up the tub.  The bathroom can wait for remodel, I want to live a little bit.

One of the head guys contacted me.  He needs my contact information for the library for another group.  And I know of a different group that is also looking at the library.  This idea is spreading like wildfire.  Let me just toot my own horn!  And it's such a great support for our libraries.  They're on my favorites list.  Now if all the other plant groups take over and flood them with education I'm losing my in.  But I'm thinking rather than go home go big.  Establish the library as your place for gardening education and it opens it up for a big event.  Not sure what that big event will be, give me a minute, but they've got marketing and parking!  I only have 42 parking spots where I am.

Big fucking snowflakes coming down!

23 minutes ago, cineater said:

Dress shopping is Friday.  They just announced the Stones are playing St Louis.  I have never seen them.  Don't know how much this is going to cost but I want to go!  Guess I better get in there and caulk up the tub.  The bathroom can wait for remodel, I want to live a little bit.

One of the head guys contacted me.  He needs my contact information for the library for another group.  And I know of a different group that is also looking at the library.  This idea is spreading like wildfire.  Let me just toot my own horn!  And it's such a great support for our libraries.  They're on my favorites list.  Now if all the other plant groups take over and flood them with education I'm losing my in.  But I'm thinking rather than go home go big.  Establish the library as your place for gardening education and it opens it up for a big event.  Not sure what that big event will be, give me a minute, but they've got marketing and parking!  I only have 42 parking spots where I am.

Big fucking snowflakes coming down!

You're just mentioning those big snowflakes to try and make me feel better about not getting spring any time soon. And thats very kind of you. j/k Seriously though arent those big ones neat?!

You gotta go see the Stones!! Caulk the bath tub and see the Stones. The American Dream basically :lol:

Look at you kicking ass with the library classes!!! :headbang: It is such a win win for you and the library. Both such important services! I love your vision for how this could play out!

Im thinking of trying out pickling some kale leaves. My teeth cant really chew the fresh leaves, so this might break it down and also add pickle flavour for sandwiches and burgers? I doubt it will work, but it fun to try.

Sounds interesting, pickle and kale.  You might have discovered something new.

I goggled if you could volunteer down there and work the Stones show, lol.  No, but I bet there are groups manning concession stands and need volunteers.  I'm putting it out there, willing to work for Stones! :lol:  No date announced yet.

That is some heavy, wet snow.  Gary came over and snow blowed half the driveway for me.  I'll go back out when it gets a couple more inches and have another go at it.  Got me out of working on the caulk.  I have to be in the mood for that.

My daughter texted to say her wedding dress was in, followed by the deposit of my tax return into my bank account.  With the addition of the veil, those should pretty much even out, lol.  Perfect timing.

You have to quit going to bed so early.  Hopefully that still link works.  They ended with Not Fade Away.  Can't get that song loud enough.  3 Hour plus show, long way to go to get there.

Edited by cineater

22 hours ago, cineater said:

Sounds interesting, pickle and kale.  You might have discovered something new.

I goggled if you could volunteer down there and work the Stones show, lol.  No, but I bet there are groups manning concession stands and need volunteers.  I'm putting it out there, willing to work for Stones! :lol:  No date announced yet.

That is some heavy, wet snow.  Gary came over and snow blowed half the driveway for me.  I'll go back out when it gets a couple more inches and have another go at it.  Got me out of working on the caulk.  I have to be in the mood for that.

My daughter texted to say her wedding dress was in, followed by the deposit of my tax return into my bank account.  With the addition of the veil, those should pretty much even out, lol.  Perfect timing.

You have to quit going to bed so early.  Hopefully that still link works.  They ended with Not Fade Away.  Can't get that song loud enough.  3 Hour plus show, long way to go to get there.

Or maybe you can win a ticket from a radio show? Hope you can go!! "Need tickets, wild horses couldn't drive me away!" Its a very Dead parking lot kinda sign isnt it?

I love those folks with the snowblowers pitching in :headbang:

The weddings coming together!!!

Thanks for the link! I really am an early to bed type these days. I hit the ink and it went to a few shorter videos, I will poke around and see if I can find the show!!

Edited by soon

You freak me out when you aren't here before me.  Screwed around and stayed up till the sun came up last night.  I check in on a lot of those live performances on Facebook and a lot of them are Dead music.

Tonight's library class only has 13 people.  It's a history lecture, really interesting, but it's at a little place in a tucked away spot.

Stones are June 27th, tickets not available yet but we're going.  This one I might do presale.  Same place we saw GNR.

Yes, the wedding is all coming together.  It has a relaxed feel to it so I don't have to worry about making it go off like clockwork.  Enjoying my moments with my daughter.  I'm not going for perfection on this one.  We're throwing a party not an event.

Sirius is doing free streaming. https://player.siriusxm.com/all-channels  Channel 23

Edited by cineater

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

You freak me out when you aren't here before me.  Screwed around and stayed up till the sun came up last night.  I check in on a lot of those live performances on Facebook and a lot of them are Dead music.

Tonight's library class only has 13 people.  It's a history lecture, really interesting, but it's at a little place in a tucked away spot.

Stones are June 27th, tickets not available yet but we're going.  This one I might do presale.  Same place we saw GNR.

Yes, the wedding is all coming together.  It has a relaxed feel to it so I don't have to worry about making it go off like clockwork.  Enjoying my moments with my daughter.  I'm not going for perfection on this one.  We're throwing a party not an event.

Sirius is doing free streaming. https://player.siriusxm.com/all-channels  Channel 23

Sorry to be late reporting in :) Beaker is a night owl again and keeps me up all night. Then he morning calls me at sunrise. And After he wakes me up do you know what he does? He goes back to sleep in my bed!! :max::lol:

13 is low attendance compared to the other classes, but really isnt that shabby taken on its own! Its less practical then the others I suppose, but an important and interesting subject. Its great to have variety. You may have got 100% of local historians attending?? I would love to attend!

Fuck yeah, Rolling Stones :headbang:

Thanks for the Sirius Link! Will check it out.

I had to buy store bought sauerkraut today. It feels so strange and wrong. I cant really explain it, but it feels like its something you dont need to buy... like buying breathe almost. Makes no sense because I buy other produce. But it was a neat experience to see how self-dependent Im slowly becoming with food production. Like how the Mother Earth News slogan is "every needful thing" - its like sauerkraut is no longer a 'needful thing' but something that is naturally occurring in the process of living.

This all very cosmic, lol.  I got that email from the lady saying she missed me.  The one connected to my retired character.  I immediately went to fiddle with my necklace.  The one my parents gave me when I graduated college.  The one my character takes as the symbol I'm working for him.  The necklace broke last year and I put it away.  Symbolism my work is done with my character in the story.  The emailed reminded me I need to get that fixed before the wedding.  I knew my character showed up and was going to leave me a gift, repaired necklace is going to be it. 

Anyway I run up to get my necklace fixed.  And there is a whole selection of necklaces with blue stones.  Perfect!  I'm going to buy my daughter her something blue for her wedding.  My parents gave me family jewelry for my wedding.  My daughter isn't getting that sparkly for a while but this is a nice continuation of a family custom.  I like it.  It's all kind of cosmically connected if you look at it the right way, lol.

• Like 1

I know it's weird to go to the store and buy what you were just overloaded with fresh on.

Emails are getting interesting.  The greenhouse lead wants to know how to approach Marsha about using the hose to water the plants.  She doesn't have a problem with it.  That's what they do at the city greenhouses.  Can't help ya.  Marsha just poked fun at me in front of the whole group for using the hose and said we're not going to do that this year, lol.  There's this point where the plants are so big and there's just so many of them, it's the hose or hours of hand watering and it's so hot in there.  I give myself a little hosing too.  I have the hose in the trunk of my car and there's only one place it's going.  There's we and then there's me.

15 hours ago, cineater said:

This all very cosmic, lol.  I got that email from the lady saying she missed me.  The one connected to my retired character.  I immediately went to fiddle with my necklace.  The one my parents gave me when I graduated college.  The one my character takes as the symbol I'm working for him.  The necklace broke last year and I put it away.  Symbolism my work is done with my character in the story.  The emailed reminded me I need to get that fixed before the wedding.  I knew my character showed up and was going to leave me a gift, repaired necklace is going to be it. 

Anyway I run up to get my necklace fixed.  And there is a whole selection of necklaces with blue stones.  Perfect!  I'm going to buy my daughter her something blue for her wedding.  My parents gave me family jewelry for my wedding.  My daughter isn't getting that sparkly for a while but this is a nice continuation of a family custom.  I like it.  It's all kind of cosmically connected if you look at it the right way, lol.

It really is awe inspiring how its all looping together. Stranger than fiction. I like the way your and works!

Thats perfect that it meets the 'something blue' and the family tradition. You just had to let the characters speak!

I really wish I could get into the writing.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

I know it's weird to go to the store and buy what you were just overloaded with fresh on.

Emails are getting interesting.  The greenhouse lead wants to know how to approach Marsha about using the hose to water the plants.  She doesn't have a problem with it.  That's what they do at the city greenhouses.  Can't help ya.  Marsha just poked fun at me in front of the whole group for using the hose and said we're not going to do that this year, lol.  There's this point where the plants are so big and there's just so many of them, it's the hose or hours of hand watering and it's so hot in there.  I give myself a little hosing too.  I have the hose in the trunk of my car and there's only one place it's going.  There's we and then there's me.

100% hand watering is hard core!! Im surprised that the city green houses use hoses though since its so humid in a green house. But outside with all those beds its surprising to me that she wants hose only. You get teased for that? 

Plus you need to sometimes hose down that Dr :lol:

Im gonna start some chives (a pot for the Boss and plenty for me this time!) and basil today.

Dead and Co are touring and has a date in St Louis. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/dead-company-2020-us-tour/ 

Not sure if I'll go to the Dead show.  Only so much of space and drums I can take, lol.  Didn't see the St Louis date there.

When I can start pulling it all together, I'm in the mood to write.  It's fun to find those connections.  You can write, just start with one sentence and see where it goes.  Work me in there.  The wise woman, lol.  I'm generally a bird when I'm an animal.

You open the windows in the greenhouse to let out all that humidity but you have to get back there before night fall to drop the windows to keep in the heat.  It use to be something I did every night on the way home from work.  I'm using the hose inside the greenhouse.  Outside they get the hose which is why can't we do that in here?

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Not sure if I'll go to the Dead show.  Only so much of space and drums I can take, lol.  Didn't see the St Louis date there.

When I can start pulling it all together, I'm in the mood to write.  It's fun to find those connections.  You can write, just start with one sentence and see where it goes.  Work me in there.  The wise woman, lol.  I'm generally a bird when I'm an animal.

You open the windows in the greenhouse to let out all that humidity but you have to get back there before night fall to drop the windows to keep in the heat.  It use to be something I did every night on the way home from work.  I'm using the hose inside the greenhouse.  Outside they get the hose which is why can't we do that in here?

haha, only so much space and drums :lol: I personally cant get with the whole John Mayer thing. 

And yeah this date is very confusing. Is it in Maryland, Hollywood or St Louis? 

July 13 -- Maryland Heights, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheater - St. Louis

If I get myself going with some writing you might have to be the wise bird in the window :) 

Maybe you'll need to hose down Marsha to get your way? :lol:

That's formerly known as Riverport.  I'm going to that.  Although the last time I saw the Dead live at that place the smells gave me a migraine and I ended up in the ER on morphine.

We got our dresses, veil and the necklace.  My dress is cantaloupe and elegant.  The color goes with her wedding colors and I tried on the dress in 3 sizes too small. :lol:  It will be fine.  I was prepared to spend a lot more for the necklace.  The one she wanted was vintage, don't know who owned it before, the color of ocean water.  Don't remember what kind of stone it was.  Mission accomplished.  All we need now is the shoes.

Justin wants to know if I will arrange for summer library classes.  No, not good timing and that's the new education committee's job that he is suppose to be forming.  Look, I'm already garden lead and run 3 speciality groups.  This is not my show.  Plus I'm not taking us back to the libraries unless I have something to market that is bringing in business.  I'm working more than one angle here. :lol:

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

That's formerly known as Riverport.  I'm going to that.  Although the last time I saw the Dead live at that place the smells gave me a migraine and I ended up in the ER on morphine.

We got our dresses, veil and the necklace.  My dress is cantaloupe and elegant.  The color goes with her wedding colors and I tried on the dress in 3 sizes too small. :lol:  It will be fine.  I was prepared to spend a lot more for the necklace.  The one she wanted was vintage, don't know who owned it before, the color of ocean water.  Don't remember what kind of stone it was.  Mission accomplished.  All we need now is the shoes.

Justin wants to know if I will arrange for summer library classes.  No, not good timing and that's the new education committee's job that he is suppose to be forming.  Look, I'm already garden lead and run 3 speciality groups.  This is not my show.  Plus I'm not taking us back to the libraries unless I have something to market that is bringing in business.  I'm working more than one angle here. :lol:

Riverport - where the riot was?

You are going now?!?! Thats exciting :headbang: Im guessing you mean the smell of weed? Or the smell of the hippies? :lol:. But seriously that sounds horrible. I really hope you will be okay this time. Yikes.

Your dress sounds gorgeous. Necklace too! Nice. This is great. Im so happy. I wouldn't be able to breathe in 3 sizes too small!! :lol:

Your library game is dizzying! 

That somehow reminds me of the tv show Parks and Recreation. Ever seen that? The Parks Department in  small town has this bizarre rivalry with the Library :lol:

Planted some sage today too.

Sent you a picture of the necklace.  In that one it is a blue.  In her picture it is more of a bluegreen.  It's a blue topaz.  My friend said vavoom when she saw my dress, wait a minute.  All those dresses do that though.  The kid says no, not too sexy.  Not real sure about that orange color.  Don't normally wear that but when I have, with a tan, it works.  Nice day with my daughter.  We finished up doing her taxes.  She bought windows for her house.  We've both spent that tax money several times over. :lol:

Don't watch Parks and Rec.  I'm going to take the coleus out of the lights so they don't grow so fast.  I'll let you know what I bring home tomorrow.  I can bring home 2 flats.

Yeah Riverport is the place.  I worked a beer and popcorn stand for the police department the last and final time the Dead played there.  Jerry died a few months later.

Edited by cineater

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Sent you a picture of the necklace.  In that one it is a blue.  In her picture it is more of a bluegreen.  It's a blue topaz.  My friend said vavoom when she saw my dress, wait a minute.  All those dresses do that though.  The kid says no, not too sexy.  Not real sure about that orange color.  Don't normally wear that but when I have, with a tan, it works.  Nice day with my daughter.  We finished up doing her taxes.  She bought windows for her house.  We've both spent that tax money several times over. :lol:

Don't watch Parks and Rec.  I'm going to take the coleus out of the lights so they don't grow so fast.  I'll let you know what I bring home tomorrow.  I can bring home 2 flats.

Yeah Riverport is the place.  I worked a beer and popcorn stand for the police department the last and final time the Dead played there.  Jerry died a few months later.

Oh my goodness, Cin! That necklace is stunning. I love everything about it! You are all set now. Im sure the dress is just perfect too :) Sounds like a great time with your daughter. Man, wish I had help with my taxes! lol Women be shopping :lol:

I bet you bring home more than 2 flats!

Wow, you were at a Dead show right towards the end of Jerrys life. Did you get to hear the show from the vending stand? Like, the cops sell beer to raise funds for the department?

Your necklace is so elegant.

Edited by soon

The police got a quarter a beer on the sales towards their charity and the rest of the money went back to the venue.  The stands close after intermission and then you are free to sit where ever you find a seat.  It was a fun concert.

Don't you have those free tax programs online?

Marsha may tell me to give up on the lantana.  If so, I could take another two flats.  They are getting the greenhouse crews together.  I have two lead shifts so far.  We'll give other people a chance to play.  I have two flats to take in there once it opens.

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

The police got a quarter a beer on the sales towards their charity and the rest of the money went back to the venue.  The stands close after intermission and then you are free to sit where ever you find a seat.  It was a fun concert.

Don't you have those free tax programs online?

Marsha may tell me to give up on the lantana.  If so, I could take another two flats.  They are getting the greenhouse crews together.  I have two lead shifts so far.  We'll give other people a chance to play.  I have two flats to take in there once it opens.

Sounds like a cool gig at the beer stand. You got to enjoy the show too! Do you happen to remember who was playing with the band that show? Because iirc that was a time when Brandford Marsalis and Bruce Horsnby sometimes sat in and jammed?

Ha, I dont know, will have to check for something for taxes online. Hopefully.

Im living vicariously through your warmer weather, lol. Its -28c with snow banks 5 ft tall and almost a foot of fresh snow on the ground! Last nights storm was an 'emergency.' 

Well, it was a valiant effort with that Lantana. I hope that the greenhouse gets off to a great start to the season!

I forgot.  See if your library has any of these DVD's.  It's part of my recommended list of Kanopy videos from the library to go with the garden tours.

Great Courses:  The Science of Gardening episodes 1 through 24 and Nature:  What Plants Talk About.  Also the movie Greenfingers, prisoners end up being professional gardeners, cute movie, true story.

I was going for a silver and sapphire in the necklace.  Something smaller and not obvious.  I like this though.  Big enough to get attention and not like the current styles out there.  She'll have this long after the wedding.

I don't know who was with the band that night.  Music has always been more about what's coming out of the speakers then the names of who's in the band, lol.  If you want name recognition with me you better say the band name along with yours.

I better get up there.  I'm screwing around so I don't have to do set up.  There's a crew for that and it's just something I'm tired of playing with.  Not much in the mood to chat it up either.  Need more coffee.  It's damn cold here.

Edited by cineater

54 minutes ago, cineater said:

I forgot.  See if your library has any of these DVD's.  It's part of my recommended list of Kanopy videos from the library to go with the garden tours.

Great Courses:  The Science of Gardening episodes 1 through 24 and Nature:  What Plants Talk About.  Also the movie Greenfingers, prisoners end up being professional gardeners, cute movie, true story.

I was going for a silver and sapphire in the necklace.  Something smaller and not obvious.  I like this though.  Big enough to get attention and not like the current styles out there.  She'll have this long after the wedding.

I don't know who was with the band that night.  Music has always been more about what's coming out of the speakers then the names of who's in the band, lol.  If you want name recognition with me you better say the band name along with yours.

I better get up there.  I'm screwing around so I don't have to do set up.  There's a crew for that and it's just something I'm tired of playing with.  Not much in the mood to chat it up either.  Need more coffee.  It's damn cold here.

Im gonna look those dvds up, thanks. Not going out today though! Ill go down to the library tomorrow. Greenfingers sounds neat. They keep shutting down the prison farm at a nearby women's prison even though its such a good skill and activity for them.

I really like the necklace. Its a timeless kinda perfection. Like you say its attention grabbing, but its not over stated. Perfect for mother of the bride. I really like the flourishes above the part where the stone is held, too.

Luckily the Dead are well documented so I could look it up. Ive been listening to a live take of Looks Like Rain into Althea lately. Im always surprised by how much sadness they are able to express, because I tend to think of more like dancing grooves, euphoric guitar solos and rye lyrics with the Dead. Box of Rain and Give the World to You not withstanding. But man this performance is just so sad.  They do Althea slower than on the album and it just feels like the band as a whole is as downtrodden as the lyrics. Weirs delivery of the lyric "But thats alright because I love you, and thats aint gonna change" just gets me.

Maybe Greenhouse hours will keep you from staying up all night, lol. I cant wait to get back to getting at it before sunrise. The current scenario when Beaker morning calls me is just so backwards! 

Get you some coffee - people are bound to want a chat. Hope its fun!

Looks Like Rain will always be connected to the day my daughter moved out on her own.  I always think of it when I have to put one of my pets down too.  "Brave the storm to come cause it surely looks like rain."  Enough said about that song, we'll both be crying.

I came home with 4 flats, half seed and half transplants.  Marsha put a stop to the lantana.  She thinks the crockpots weren't low enough for the hot water and we over cooked them.  I'll reuse the soil.  It may not be over.

I like my late winter nights.  It gets so clear outside.  There's a stillness that makes life so alive.

I'm signing up for a class, Designed Plant Communities.  http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/Portals/0/Education/Youth and Families/PDFs/EDU_catalog_ss_2020.pdf  page 30.  That's all the classes offered through our botanical gardens.  Interesting stuff if you have lots of money, lol.

Edited by cineater