Gardening

Gracii Guns

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Like I don't get long winded, lol.  That was interesting.  Didn't know any of those small solar panels existed.

Yeah I think so too on setting the seed trays onto the compost.  It's like a heat mat but what's going on with the top?  Might have to protect the seedling from frost.  Maybe build a cold frame top you throw over it at night.  Our greenhouse has a stone floor to help absorb heat and let it out at night.  People also use those water barrels to soak up heat.  Both I think do a little but the biggest problem with those hoop houses is getting the heat out.  If you're like me, you'll work outside and suddenly realized you feet and hands are freezing, remember you can stick them in the compost pile to warm them up.

I'm not really sure what those things made out of twigs and garden materials are called so I couldn't really find a good picture of one.  They are a bit scary.  I saw some called Irish fairies.  I'll ask Glenda today what they are.

Leads meeting today.  I got a call at 2 yesterday that there may be a parking problem and I might have to shuttle my people in.  I've kind of worked Marsha that I'm running this meeting, not her.  I'm letting her have a talking spot earlier on so she can get that need to take over out, lol.  And will get her to take charge of the wood piles.  I'm calling on different people to present some of my points.  My other meetings were me taking charge and setting the direction of the group.  This one is a make us a team meeting.  I have to stay in my chair, lol.

Cool. Yeah the first panel I bought has got to be the best $40 I ever spent!

I like your idea for a cold frame over a hot bed! Ive heard this method referred to as "hot beds." Too cool about your stone floor at the greenhouse! Its perfect, you almost get frost bite? Just go ahed and burn it off! :lol:

Irish fairies, neat. Will look em up. Stuff like that is fun.

If you shuttle them in you get 'pre -meeting advantage!' lol. Hope you get to talk, lol. Great idea to have various people present it. Then people actually have to think about whats being said too - half the time I find when people dont speak at a meeting that instead of knowing what was discussed they actually just think whatever they assumed before arriving at the meeting. Our human brains are bonkers! :lol:. Hope its a great meeting!

Using my gardens dried tarragon along with ground coriander to spice my rainbow trout.

I have my team!  The meeting went really well.  I did not get out of my chair, lol.  Note to self, Marsha can only go so long without talking, good participator, lol.  Little business taken care of, lots of hits on being more educational with the gardens.  Didn't get a chance to talk to Tim about the compost.  No shuttling involved.  Kevin didn't show, the bastard but Joe did and he should be our president.  People actually told me it was a good meeting.

Marsha had me put the coneflower that didn't germinate in the frig for a month and then I'll try again to get it up.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I have my team!  The meeting went really well.  I did not get out of my chair, lol.  Note to self, Marsha can only go so long without talking, good participator, lol.  Little business taken care of, lots of hits on being more educational with the gardens.  Didn't get a chance to talk to Tim about the compost.  No shuttling involved.  Kevin didn't show, the bastard but Joe did and he should be our president.  People actually told me it was a good meeting.

Marsha had me put the coneflower that didn't germinate in the frig for a month and then I'll try again to get it up.

Yay!!! Good job, Cin!! :headbang:And you stayed seated, even?! :lol:

I didnt think Marsha would last the whole time, lol. Prolly great input though.

I didnt realize you could re-chill seeds. Cool! Hope that does the trick.

Off to a great start to the new season!

Marsha has so bought into the whole education part.  Just got off a 40 minute phone call with her and her wheels are in motion.  She's excited about trying some of the ideas we put out there with a Marsha twist to them.  I feel like we are heading in the right direction.  Not there yet but we've started something.

I don't know about rechilling working but I'll give it a try.  At some point though I want the plant sale plants out of here and start growing some plants for my personal use.

We're going to go to the Chicago concert.  I would have went for the Stones tickets around $200 but my friends don't want to spend that much.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Marsha has so bought into the whole education part.  Just got off a 40 minute phone call with her and her wheels are in motion.  She's excited about trying some of the ideas we put out there with a Marsha twist to them.  I feel like we are heading in the right direction.  Not there yet but we've started something.

I don't know about rechilling working but I'll give it a try.  At some point though I want the plant sale plants out of here and start growing some plants for my personal use.

We're going to go to the Chicago concert.  I would have went for the Stones tickets around $200 but my friends don't want to spend that much.

Sounds great! You and Marsha are a are to reckon with! This will be awesome. Whats happens next?

What plants are you planning to grow for yourself?

Chicago, nice. Whens that one?

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Here's one.  Nobody knows what these are called.  Ours will be made out of what you find in the garden world so you won't have the facial features like that or people features like those arms.

phil-hearing-1257919-unsplash-e155989519

Okay, that is freaky! I think not having such a realistic face on yours will be a point in your favour. Thanks for the pic. We gardeners are some interesting folks. Love this stuff.

I'm not liking the face or arms on that one.  I like the ones Glenda has done.  Everything is made from plant material.

I'm off for my first greenhouse shift today.  Cancelled my helper for today because there is not that much to do but one of my crew isn't doing it this year.  I only have one helper so far.  Will have to build my crew back up.  And I'm doubled booked on one day with the wedding shower.  Life is starting to interfere with my gardening, lol.

I don't know what I'm growing yet.  It will be flowers of some kind.  Probably marigolds, lol.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm not liking the face or arms on that one.  I like the ones Glenda has done.  Everything is made from plant material.

I'm off for my first greenhouse shift today.  Cancelled my helper for today because there is not that much to do but one of my crew isn't doing it this year.  I only have one helper so far.  Will have to build my crew back up.  And I'm doubled booked on one day with the wedding shower.  Life is starting to interfere with my gardening, lol.

I don't know what I'm growing yet.  It will be flowers of some kind.  Probably marigolds, lol.

Cant wait to see your'alls one made all from plant material!

You lucky duck! Wish I was on your crew. Might be nice to have some time on you own to reconnect with the green house, anyways? Silly wedding, messing with your garden time :lol:

I need to double check that article about if marigolds attract wolf spiders.

Im way to thrilled right now because Ive settled on my growing medium for micro greens. Soil. LOL Now, this may seem obvious to both you or I. But with it being so new and all the dizzying info Ive been taking in I even spent a minute considering growing them on moon rocks (j/k, lol). It feels great to have that settled and for it to be familiar to me.

But it was great to learn the ins and outs of hydroponic micro greens because I think i might have come up with a trick based on it. At risk of speaking out of school, I think I can use worm tea when I bottom water, just like they add the nutrient water to the hydro. I havent seen people do that. Most soil grower Ive been watching/reading cycle the soil out to re-compst it to top up the nutrients or remove it and mix it with compost. But in my theory I can just always add tiny amounts of worm tea to keep it nutrient dense?

On the other hand they might be doing it the best way because one needs to remove the stems and roots from the soil, so tossing it in the compost might be more efficient?

Edited by soon

I would think you could add worm tea or some compost tea but I don't do the hydroponics.  I'm learning from you on this one, lol.  How often are they changing out the soil?

At least with a wolf spider you see them and I don't think they are poisonous.  You just have to get use to them. :lol:

Here we go again, we all went to the same greenhouse training, right?  It's like that every year, people fucking it up.  Sundays I do a lot of the clean up and reorganizing.  It's pretty disorganized at the moment while we get everything set up.  Still it's one of the best places on the planet!  The high temp in there yesterday was 112 and the low 47.  We got up in the 50's yesterday and below freezing last night.  I opened the windows and turned on more fans as we are sunny today.  I'll drop by tonight and close it all up.  You really need one of these.

My neighbor is out collecting maple syrup from his trees.  He was telling me all about that process, pretty cool.  Tastes good too.

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I would think you could add worm tea or some compost tea but I don't do the hydroponics.  I'm learning from you on this one, lol.  How often are they changing out the soil?

At least with a wolf spider you see them and I don't think they are poisonous.  You just have to get use to them. :lol:

Here we go again, we all went to the same greenhouse training, right?  It's like that every year, people fucking it up.  Sundays I do a lot of the clean up and reorganizing.  It's pretty disorganized at the moment while we get everything set up.  Still it's one of the best places on the planet!  The high temp in there yesterday was 112 and the low 47.  We got up in the 50's yesterday and below freezing last night.  I opened the windows and turned on more fans as we are sunny today.  I'll drop by tonight and close it all up.  You really need one of these.

My neighbor is out collecting maple syrup from his trees.  He was telling me all about that process, pretty cool.  Tastes good too.

They change the soil every single grow! Thats 7-15 days depending on crop. They say there is risk of pathogens. But many also say that they re-use it in their outside veggie gardens. So I dont follow that part exactly. Also, I reuse my soil all the time to grow food and havent had a problem. Im wondering if its more to protect their business from potential lawsuits over food poisoning than its an actual risk for a small scale, non commercial grow? If it is for some reason something thats especially a concern with micro greens I could also super heat the soil in my pressure cooker to sterilize it and them add the worm castings to reintroduce nutrients, maybe?

But also, there seems to be conflicting ideas about needing nutrients at all. Because the seeds have the nutrients within them to grow a certain amount before they even have roots that can draw nutrients from the growing medium. Im so confused once again :lol:

I wish I had a greenhouse so bad! With a big pile of manure and hay steaming away in the middle :lol:. Sorry to hear there was so much unnecessary clutter to address. 

While you were there I was transplanting my seedlings. Its really annoying to use the time, effort and supplies to transplant the mystery plants. They might not be something I want. Beaker had a great time! He managed to bite the tops off of most of the mystery plants, so once agin a perfect helper! They had roots 5x as developed as the known kale so I doubt they are kale. Really strange. Might actually switch suppliers. I kind of liked that the supplier is a bit wacky and messes up, but Im getting over that and just want what I paid for.

I love maple syrup and am excited that its in season again!!! Isnt it a cool process! Smells so good while its cooking. I remember you mentioned liking teriyaki and maple makes a great teriyaki sauce :headbang:

That's a commercial grower.  What they do doesn't always translate to what we do at home.  I was thinking the same thing.  The seeds have lots of energy and the plants aren't in the soil that long to deplete it of nutrients.  I don't know that you really have to fertilize.  I'd use it for a while until the plants aren't growing so great and then throw the soil in my container and nutrient it back up.  I'd probably keep doing that until I saw the white mineral stuff from the water building up on the soil.

Good job Beaker!  My girls are getting outside more.  Lily has calmed down.  Simone is shedding in chunks.  She has a really thick coat.  Lily doesn't do that.

Leslie got really excited about the twig people.  Wrote me paragraphs on why we should have those.  My thoughts too but I kept them to myself in hopes other people would see the possibilities and do the work.  These come out good, I've got a real attention getter.  She wanted to put an old wedding dress on one.  No, we're not going there, all natural.  And while I realize she's getting a divorce, she can get her anger out with a shovel. :lol:

I have kale!  3 babies are up.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

That's a commercial grower.  What they do doesn't always translate to what we do at home.  I was thinking the same thing.  The seeds have lots of energy and the plants aren't in the soil that long to deplete it of nutrients.  I don't know that you really have to fertilize.  I'd use it for a while until the plants aren't growing so great and then throw the soil in my container and nutrient it back up.  I'd probably keep doing that until I saw the white mineral stuff from the water building up on the soil.

Good job Beaker!  My girls are getting outside more.  Lily has calmed down.  Simone is shedding in chunks.  She has a really thick coat.  Lily doesn't do that.

Leslie got really excited about the twig people.  Wrote me paragraphs on why we should have those.  My thoughts too but I kept them to myself in hopes other people would see the possibilities and do the work.  These come out good, I've got a real attention getter.  She wanted to put an old wedding dress on one.  No, we're not going there, all natural.  And while I realize she's getting a divorce, she can get her anger out with a shovel. :lol:

I have kale!  3 babies are up.

Woo-Hoo kale! Welcome to the kale club. Kale will soon consume your gardening life. :lol:

Its fascinating to observe how the act of going commercial can rapidly take the environmentally sustainable parts out of gardening. Ill do it that way, like you say just keeping reusing until the growth slows. Can you please help me understand that last part, about white mineral stuff forming?

Lily and Simone enjoying the spring :) I have my window open and beaker and I are almost able to pretend it feels like spring with the birds chirping.

A wedding dress on it?!?! :wow: Sounds like she could use some weeding-duty to release that anger :lol:

I mentioned about using herbs I grew on my fish. Using the herbs is great. But consuming fish that was on sale for like 80% off seems to not agree with me :( 

• Haha 1

My house plants after years of being in the same soil get a white crust on top of the soil.  It's all the chemicals from the water treatment that we drink, mostly salt.  Those chemicals are bad for the plant and some prevent the plants from taking up nutrients.  At that point you should really throw it out.  If it's not too bad and I'm making up a big batch of recycled soil I'll reuse it again for containers.  Usually, I throw it in my yard beds.  http://www.edmontonjournal.com/reduce+salt+keep+plants+crust+free+healthy/10848607/story.html

I'm joining you in kale and you're joining me in the don't eat fish group. :lol:

Got some ideas from my think tank session this morning for how to use the gardens for education.  They were a chatty group and kept wanting to talk about ideas that really belong with the education group.  Didn't really latch onto anything, a few names for things and a welcome place.  That's the last of my think tank sessions for a while.  Time to get hands in dirt.  Did get one cute name for our education while working the garden classes, Dig In Deeper or Let's Go Deeper.  I like Groom and Bloom too.

I just did the head count for the library classes, 173 people and we have 3 classes to go.  I was hoping for 140.  OMG, what a great results.  I don't know that it increased attendance at our all day workshop.  So far we have 107 enrolled with a week to go and last year we had 108 attend.  Also I was trying to improve the numbers at our Master Gardener training.  We have 19 signed up so far with a week to go and we usually run around 22.  We'll have to wait and see how many people say they heard about those other two things through the library classes.  But the idea kicked ass, developed a partnership with the library that we can build on for a few years.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cineater said:

My house plants after years of being in the same soil get a white crust on top of the soil.  It's all the chemicals from the water treatment that we drink, mostly salt.  Those chemicals are bad for the plant and some prevent the plants from taking up nutrients.  At that point you should really throw it out.  If it's not too bad and I'm making up a big batch of recycled soil I'll reuse it again for containers.  Usually, I throw it in my yard beds.  http://www.edmontonjournal.com/reduce+salt+keep+plants+crust+free+healthy/10848607/story.html

I'm joining you in kale and you're joining me in the don't eat fish group. :lol:

Got some ideas from my think tank session this morning for how to use the gardens for education.  They were a chatty group and kept wanting to talk about ideas that really belong with the education group.  Didn't really latch onto anything, a few names for things and a welcome place.  That's the last of my think tank sessions for a while.  Time to get hands in dirt.  Did get one cute name for our education while working the garden classes, Dig In Deeper or Let's Go Deeper.  I like Groom and Bloom too.

I just did the head count for the library classes, 173 people and we have 3 classes to go.  I was hoping for 140.  OMG, what a great results.  I don't know that it increased attendance at our all day workshop.  So far we have 107 enrolled with a week to go and last year we had 108 attend.  Also I was trying to improve the numbers at our Master Gardener training.  We have 19 signed up so far with a week to go and we usually run around 22.  We'll have to wait and see how many people say they heard about those other two things through the library classes.  But the idea kicked ass, developed a partnership with the library that we can build on for a few years.

Oh, I see. Thanks so much of the info and article! At home I pretty much always use filtered water so I should be okay. (I was criticized on this forum for using a water filter recently!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::lol::lol: Meanwhile I garden with it, culture with it, home-brew, make skin cream with it, make magnesium oil with it and Im sensitive to chlorine which is so common here that all the local pools are salt water. Also, most notably, access to safe water is so spotty here that its an election issue to get safe tap water to all of Canada). So I think I should be all set to avoid that, unless the soil I buy has been moistened with unfiltered water? 

Hahahaha! Im never eating fish again!!! :lol:

Im happy that the think tank was productive. Even if some of the ideas were better off elsewhere. Those names are too cute! All good ones.

173?!?!?!?!?! Thats incredible! :headbang:I wonder how high it'll get with the next 3? I hope you get to increase your other enrolment numbers still. Kicked so much ass and the library must love you!! Way to go!

There must have been more classes since you last mentioned? What did I miss?

We stuck with the same 7 classes but one of them split into 2 sessions.  There's people out there wanting to kill moles.  I'm a little bit freaked the garden tours will blow up like the classes did but my group is interested in being tour guides and I'm only limited to parking space on the property.  And of course weather for the day.  I could be shut down by mother nature.

Lily stopped me from the computer.  She was crying at me to come into the plant room.  I guess she likes our routine of checking on the plants in the morning.  Human and cat time.  She frequently hangs with me when I work in the yard.  And I did find her in one of my beds at the garden.  She's a garden cat.

We had a complaint our native beds are too wild.  They are but we leave all that stuff up for winter for the animals and it looks really bad right now.  It's coming down next month.  But it's not going to be a mono culture, it's a plant community.  And unless you're out there deadheading all the time, the plants are going to move around and get mixed in with each other.  And a complaint we are not handicap accessible, working on it but we're not going to cement all the paths.  And it was just one person's opinion!

I can do shit with my left wrist, pinball injury.  We're on the last ball.  The first guy is in the lead and I'm in last place.  The second guy steps up and blows way past him.  My turn, not losing this ball and I'm catching up to player number two.  Drains down the side on me, fucker, but it all comes down to the bonus points at the end and I slip on by.  Won that game but it cost me a wrist.

Edited by cineater

Might have done an oops.  I mentioned to the library we were thinking of other programing to run through them and asked for suggestions.  They want to talk and see what we've got but by we they mean the Extension Center.  The Extension Center is out to make some money.  I don't know if they want to give away their programing at the library.  Higher ups might be pissed at me if they don't want to do this.  On the other hand, they weren't real supportive of the library classes to begin with and now that's all they talk about.  They can be pissed at me but don't fuck up the partnership I have with the library.  Hopeful they welcome this invite.

It's so strange to read Neil Peart's book now that he's dead.  In the book he's alive, shares his thoughts and what he's doing.  You look at the date, 2011, he doesn't have much further to go.  I wonder what happened to Michael and Brutus, his house in Canada, his equipment, all those things he talks about with such love and care.  You feel bad it had to end for this guy when there was so much passion for life.

Edited by cineater

19 hours ago, cineater said:

We stuck with the same 7 classes but one of them split into 2 sessions.  There's people out there wanting to kill moles.  I'm a little bit freaked the garden tours will blow up like the classes did but my group is interested in being tour guides and I'm only limited to parking space on the property.  And of course weather for the day.  I could be shut down by mother nature.

Lily stopped me from the computer.  She was crying at me to come into the plant room.  I guess she likes our routine of checking on the plants in the morning.  Human and cat time.  She frequently hangs with me when I work in the yard.  And I did find her in one of my beds at the garden.  She's a garden cat.

We had a complaint our native beds are too wild.  They are but we leave all that stuff up for winter for the animals and it looks really bad right now.  It's coming down next month.  But it's not going to be a mono culture, it's a plant community.  And unless you're out there deadheading all the time, the plants are going to move around and get mixed in with each other.  And a complaint we are not handicap accessible, working on it but we're not going to cement all the paths.  And it was just one person's opinion!

I can do shit with my left wrist, pinball injury.  We're on the last ball.  The first guy is in the lead and I'm in last place.  The second guy steps up and blows way past him.  My turn, not losing this ball and I'm catching up to player number two.  Drains down the side on me, fucker, but it all comes down to the bonus points at the end and I slip on by.  Won that game but it cost me a wrist.

Thats great you have a good group of guides for the tours! Hope the weather plays nice. Do you have a lot of moles?

Thats so sweet of Lily. Beaker is doing the very same right this minute. He insists I come to stop him from eating kale. I love that shes a garden cat! Nice to have that morning routine together.

Beaker was running all night. So Im tired.

"Those wildflowers look too wild.' :lol: Youre doing the plant community thing?? Awesome! 

Like you injured your wrist hitting the pinball machine? Ouch! But you took 2nd?

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Might have done an oops.  I mentioned to the library we were thinking of other programing to run through them and asked for suggestions.  They want to talk and see what we've got but by we they mean the Extension Center.  The Extension Center is out to make some money.  I don't know if they want to give away their programing at the library.  Higher ups might be pissed at me if they don't want to do this.  On the other hand, they weren't real supportive of the library classes to begin with and now that's all they talk about.  They can be pissed at me but don't fuck up the partnership I have with the library.  Hopeful they welcome this invite.

It's so strange to read Neil Peart's book now that he's dead.  In the book he's alive, shares his thoughts and what he's doing.  You look at the date, 2011, he doesn't have much further to go.  I wonder what happened to Michael and Brutus, his house in Canada, his equipment, all those things he talks about with such love and care.  You feel bad it had to end for this guy when there was so much passion for life.

Oh, that is a potentially difficult situation. I really hope it doesnt mess anything up for you and the library. 

Its interesting how time seems to work different for everyone... I feel like 2011 is a long time ago, lol. He certainly seemed to know the art of living a full life. I like to picture his cabin in the woods sitting as he left it. A statement on a life well lived. It really is sad.

Reminds me to check out that narrow boat show. EDIT: I just went to look for it on Prime. Nothing came up under "Narrow Boat" whats the show called again?

Edited by soon

Travels by Narrowboat. 

Let's be clear, I took 1st on that game, lol.  The other 3 games, well I could do better.  We play 4 machines in league play and have a long way to go to the playoffs.  I'm pretty much close to the bottom but I do have my balls.  I'm kind of the wild card.  Just when you think your the winner, I step up and have a really good ball.  But I don't push the machine around, probably just had my wrist in a funny position for the time it took to play it.

They took the meeting.  And nobody seems pissed I got them into this, lol.  I can be a whirlwind when I get going on an idea.  Some people really don't like that about me.  People who have known me a long time know these things usually turn out good and want to get involved.  We have fun and do amazing shit.  But I run for home and close the door and have little freak out moments during the whole thing, lol.  It takes me some time after it's all done to acknowledge I had fun doing it which usually leads to another great idea.

Beaker is such a cat!  I think Lily is over that.  Both my cats are getting outside more often.  Simone has this bad habit of coming in with dirty feet and either walking all over my glass table top or my calendar.  Fortunately I like cat pawprints.

These coleus need to get in the ground.  They need water every other day and I could make a lot more.  I think I was suppose to run into Marsha at the greenhouse today but I don't know why.  She's probably a little pissed at me because I don't agree with her on an issue and keep turning it around to how can we make this work.  I think I'll just wait until somebody calls me and wonders where I am, lol.

Woohoo, the all day workshop is up to 120 people.  Okay, that's only 12 more than last year and who can say the bump is due to the library classes but it might be.  And there is still time for the numbers to go up.  And I got Craig to be the tree lead.  Fully staffed at the gardens.  We talked about it while he cut holes in my walls to find the leak.  Turns out it's probably coming from the roof.  Next time work from the top down.  But I need to open the walls up so it dries out in there and I'm remodeling anyway.

Edited by cineater

20 hours ago, cineater said:

Travels by Narrowboat. 

Let's be clear, I took 1st on that game, lol.  The other 3 games, well I could do better.  We play 4 machines in league play and have a long way to go to the playoffs.  I'm pretty much close to the bottom but I do have my balls.  I'm kind of the wild card.  Just when you think your the winner, I step up and have a really good ball.  But I don't push the machine around, probably just had my wrist in a funny position for the time it took to play it.

They took the meeting.  And nobody seems pissed I got them into this, lol.  I can be a whirlwind when I get going on an idea.  Some people really don't like that about me.  People who have known me a long time know these things usually turn out good and want to get involved.  We have fun and do amazing shit.  But I run for home and close the door and have little freak out moments during the whole thing, lol.  It takes me some time after it's all done to acknowledge I had fun doing it which usually leads to another great idea.

Beaker is such a cat!  I think Lily is over that.  Both my cats are getting outside more often.  Simone has this bad habit of coming in with dirty feet and either walking all over my glass table top or my calendar.  Fortunately I like cat pawprints.

These coleus need to get in the ground.  They need water every other day and I could make a lot more.  I think I was suppose to run into Marsha at the greenhouse today but I don't know why.  She's probably a little pissed at me because I don't agree with her on an issue and keep turning it around to how can we make this work.  I think I'll just wait until somebody calls me and wonders where I am, lol.

Woohoo, the all day workshop is up to 120 people.  Okay, that's only 12 more than last year and who can say the bump is due to the library classes but it might be.  And there is still time for the numbers to go up.  And I got Craig to be the tree lead.  Fully staffed at the gardens.  We talked about it while he cut holes in my walls to find the leak.  Turns out it's probably coming from the roof.  Next time work from the top down.  But I need to open the walls up so it dries out in there and I'm remodeling anyway.

Perfect, thanks! Will check it out!!

Okay, okay, youre number 1 :lol:. I think the phrase "But I do have my balls" is likely better situated firmly within the Pinball Community :P, but I got yeah. I love that youre the wild card. Have a great season!

Having fun doing amazing shit sounds great! Too bad that can feel threatened by the powers, eh? Im glad to hear that the meeting seems to have gone off smoothly enough! I believe that I can relate about freaking yourself out :). Ha, Simone, thats too perfect! Fresh lil' paw prints all around. 

You mean, you played hooky from the greenhouse?! I am shocked - Marsha most be scary! :lol: Well done with those Coleus.

120!! :headbang:Im sure it is from the library classes. And fully staffed! Great job!

Sucks about your roof. Hopefully its something that can just be patched up out there?

You wouldnt believe the size of the snowflakes that are falling here, this morning. Just one would obscure your view of the Arch. They're almost the size of my palm!! But still fluffy and with shapes. Big enough that it makes them fall faster and straighter. Which makes it not look real. Never seen this before.

Been rearranging the grow space. Havent settled on new configuration. If I take something off a shelf, Beaker seems to magically appear in its place. And is resistant to moving. So it can be a slow process :lol:

A cat has to sit in a new spot to keep evil from filling it.  How long it takes for evil to give up, no one but the cat knows. :lol:  He'll let you know when the danger has passed.

They call those hamster snowflakes here.  No idea why but it's stupid!

It's something called a boot on a pipe.  Easy enough to fix but they want to test that diagnosis by taking a hose up to the roof.  They'll do it next week.  In the meantime, I have two holes in the wall and the toilet in the bathtub.  But I got Craig to be the tree and shrub lead, mission accomplished.  And I did notice after the three men running in and out of my bathroom for a half an hour, that my black bra was hanging on the door knob. :lol:

Kale just keeps popping up all over the place. 

Update on the volunteer to work concerts.  Craig doesn't like working with the arrogant chefs that feed the bands when they are here so he's not doing that anymore.  Not really how I want to volunteer.  I can do the dishes but I'm not a cook.  I've got my security connection but I haven't touched base in a while with him.  He's got my number if he scores a Dead concert, lol.

Tonight's meeting speaker is on GMO's.  Nobody bring a gun please.

Edited by cineater

I tell her enrollment for the all day workshop is at 120.  She makes a face and says that's not good.  She already ordered the food.  Who does that?  Didn't even check registration numbers?  It's box lunches, I'm sure they can make a few more.  I'm sure I only further pissed her off when I delivered the library numbers.

I did not think about the GMO's cross pollination with the heritage plants.  The talk went as usual, you're a not modern if you don't accept this, trust in science.  We need food and this increases production.  All those concerns on the net are fake news.  Then it was our turn, respectfully.  The answer to the injected insecticides getting into the food chain, it is acceptable to have a little bit of that in your body.  Cross pollination is a problem but these are better.  Not all the long term effects are known but it is going to take time to determine that.  There's no proof of that but there's a lot of lawsuits.  I just keep thinking no.  The science is way above my head but it sounds like there is a goal in mind and to hell with everything else.

18 hours ago, cineater said:

A cat has to sit in a new spot to keep evil from filling it.  How long it takes for evil to give up, no one but the cat knows. :lol:  He'll let you know when the danger has passed.

Haha, I love this!!! Describes it perfectly, Im sure. :lol: Well, thanks for looking out then, Beaker! Too cool.

18 hours ago, cineater said:

They call those hamster snowflakes here.  No idea why but it's stupid!

It's something called a boot on a pipe.  Easy enough to fix but they want to test that diagnosis by taking a hose up to the roof.  They'll do it next week.  In the meantime, I have two holes in the wall and the toilet in the bathtub.  But I got Craig to be the tree and shrub lead, mission accomplished.  And I did notice after the three men running in and out of my bathroom for a half an hour, that my black bra was hanging on the door knob. :lol:

Kale just keeps popping up all over the place. 

Update on the volunteer to work concerts.  Craig doesn't like working with the arrogant chefs that feed the bands when they are here so he's not doing that anymore.  Not really how I want to volunteer.  I can do the dishes but I'm not a cook.  I've got my security connection but I haven't touched base in a while with him.  He's got my number if he scores a Dead concert, lol.

Tonight's meeting speaker is on GMO's.  Nobody bring a gun please.

Y'know they kinda did look like falling hamsters! :lol:

I hope thats all it is with the leak. Also hope that having the wet wall frames exposed isnt causing you any allergies? Wait - your toilet is in the bathtub?? Maybe a subtle bra showing is advantageous to team building? j/k :lol:

Kales coming for ya! Im telling you. lol. It official some of my kale sowing were climbing beans. Will wonders never cease?

I hope some good volunteer opportunities will come up for a concert. Especially the Dead! I worked in a centre that included a soup kitchen and I couldnt stand the chefs there either. I can only imagine its worse when instead of themselves being volunteers (for the soup kitchen) they are jet set chefs to the stars. I even find that like 'pub grub' cooks somehow take on an air of superiority... like for frying pickles that came frozen in huge packages. 

9 hours ago, cineater said:

I tell her enrollment for the all day workshop is at 120.  She makes a face and says that's not good.  She already ordered the food.  Who does that?  Didn't even check registration numbers?  It's box lunches, I'm sure they can make a few more.  I'm sure I only further pissed her off when I delivered the library numbers.

I did not think about the GMO's cross pollination with the heritage plants.  The talk went as usual, you're a not modern if you don't accept this, trust in science.  We need food and this increases production.  All those concerns on the net are fake news.  Then it was our turn, respectfully.  The answer to the injected insecticides getting into the food chain, it is acceptable to have a little bit of that in your body.  Cross pollination is a problem but these are better.  Not all the long term effects are known but it is going to take time to determine that.  There's no proof of that but there's a lot of lawsuits.  I just keep thinking no.  The science is way above my head but it sounds like there is a goal in mind and to hell with everything else.

Who ordered the lunches without checking enrolment? Makes no sense. I havent had reason to order large groups of people boxed lunch in a minute. But Im now recalling just how much I enjoy that task. They usually offer a few choices and pairings so you get to think what will people enjoy best. And then the day finally comes and you, yourself, get to enjoy the catering :drool: Its like getting to enjoy a meal for days! :lol:. Ooh and those sandwiches always seem to have micro greens or sprouts on them too! I hope your lunch boxes get sorted in time!

I gather no one arrived with a gun, then. Good. Yeah the cross pollination is bad. It doesnt respect ones neighbours autonomy and choices. Your neighbour might be growing seeds that have been in the family for generations and you can just take that from them because a business duped you. Its also acceptable to have some alcohol in your body, but we also know that there are long term effects. I think you said it right, that they have one goal and to hell with everything else. I think its cool that you still gave the presenter a chance to do the class.

Edited by soon