Slash's home studio vs his creativity

whatashame

So when Guns got off the road in 1993 Slash had a studio built in the basement of his house. In 1994 he started saying "I'm like that kid in a candy store. I wake up, get up and go down to my studio downstairs where I just plug in my guitar and record shit". The following year, 1995 that is, Snakepit's first album was recorded there. Then, there was the LA earthquake, but Slash said the house got somewhat damaged, the cobras cages were smashed and the snakes got out but the studio was left intact. As much as I remember. So I'm left wondering. Between 1994 and half a 2004, which is close to a decade, Slash had a home studio but put out just two records. He was happy enough to jam to blues covers in bars (Blues Balls) for free Jack Daniels. In my books that doesn't give him enough credit to criticize Axl so much for taking 10 odd years to finish one album (and boy did Slash do)

Am I interpreting the facts correctly?

1 hour ago, whatashame said:

So when Guns got off the road in 1993 Slash had a studio built in the basement of his house. In 1994 he started saying "I'm like that kid in a candy store. I wake up, get up and go down to my studio downstairs where I just plug in my guitar and record shit". The following year, 1995 that is, Snakepit's first album was recorded there. Then, there was the LA earthquake, but Slash said the house got somewhat damaged, the cobras cages were smashed and the snakes got out but the studio was left intact. As much as I remember. So I'm left wondering. Between 1994 and half a 2004, which is close to a decade, Slash had a home studio but put out just two records. He was happy enough to jam to blues covers in bars (Blues Balls) for free Jack Daniels. In my books that doesn't give him enough credit to criticize Axl so much for taking 10 odd years to finish one album (and boy did Slash do)

Slash was locked in a war with Rose up until 1996 - even after the first Snakepit the two of them were attempting a rapprochement. Then after leaving Guns in 1996 he had the find and form a new band - Blues Ball was a stop gap act. Ain't Life Grande was recorded in 1999, a mere two years after leaving Guns, which shows how swiftly Slash put together a new band however Slash was dropped from his label and struggled to find a distributor so that album didn't come out until October 2000. The Snakepit tour brings us through to July 2001. The Randy Castillo benefit occurred 2002 from which Velvet Revolver germinated. 

9 hours ago, whatashame said:

Actually, Slash was active all time long, VR was mostly formed 2002, 2004 thei album was out. It took Ax 18 years to bring an album out and once he did - it was probably the worst album of the year. so...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whatashame said:

So when Guns got off the road in 1993 Slash had a studio built in the basement of his house. In 1994 he started saying "I'm like that kid in a candy store. I wake up, get up and go down to my studio downstairs where I just plug in my guitar and record shit". The following year, 1995 that is, Snakepit's first album was recorded there. Then, there was the LA earthquake, but Slash said the house got somewhat damaged, the cobras cages were smashed and the snakes got out but the studio was left intact.

The earthquake was in January 1994. But that time Slash, according to himself, had recorded the demos and sent them to Axl. After that he rented another house and used the basement of it as studio. Later, probably after the Snakepit tour, he bought a new house.

Snakepit recordings took place in mid-94, probably at an outside studio.

7 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

It took Ax 18 years to bring an album out

To be accurate it was 10 years (but that's a long time anyway)

Edited by Blackstar

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, whatashame said:

2 Snakepit Records , Riffs for VR , a gazillion guest spots , blues ball I would say it was used