Our Interview with A Fan Who Got All Five Original Members Signatures Tattooed

• 4 weeks later...

I actually watched about an hours worth of that video. The guy actually comes across really well and it's not an effort to sit and watch.

He gets Duff first. His pal says he should get him to sign his arm as opposed to a picture and get it tattooed, jokingly. He gets it done and this is his mission.

He meets Adler at some show he does with his band. He leaves at the end of the show thanking the bouncer who informs him to go to the VIP area where he gets Steven to sign his arm. Once Steven is told he's getting it tattooed, he runs back and washes down his hand and rubs his previous effort off and does it again. Later meets Adler in Canter's and spends 2 hours with him.

He gets Slash at a meet and greet I think. Once he gets up to him, Slash refuses to sign his arm. He tells him he's came a long way to meet him and eventually reluctantly signs his arm.

He gets Axl at that fashion show they did in 2006. Gives the bouncer 20$ who then shouts at Axl after the shows finished. Bouncer advises him not to show Axl his tattoos because "he hates his ex band mates". He gets him to sign his forearm and with the use of photoshop, copies it and gets it tattooed next to the others.

He meets Matt at some point, who offers to sign his arm. Not wanting to be awkward, he lets him do it and later washes it off.

He gets VIP at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the hope of getting Izzy. He gets thrown out for disturbing them and has a conversation with Steven again. Boy from Green Day informs him of where Izzy stays.

He had an incling that Izzy would appear at the first residency in Vegas, so bought tickets for the last shows. He meets Beta who asks for his number and she'll call if Izzy is still there after the show. She gets back to him and says he's a recluse and is now in bed. He waits til 7am after his last show. He meets Beta again who again says he's in bed. She stops and tells him the hotel he's staying at and the time they've got a car sent to him at. He gets Izzy.

I watched this over 12 hours ago so I'm just going off the top of my head, so I might be inaccurate with some of the destinations. It's a good watch though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I actually watched about an hours worth of that video. The guy actually comes across really well and it's not an effort to sit and watch.

He gets Duff first. His pal says he should get him to sign his arm as opposed to a picture and get it tattooed, jokingly. He gets it done and this is his mission.

He meets Adler at some show he does with his band. He leaves at the end of the show thanking the bouncer who informs him to go to the VIP area where he gets Steven to sign his arm. Once Steven is told he's getting it tattooed, he runs back and washes down his hand and rubs his previous effort off and does it again. Later meets Adler in Canter's and spends 2 hours with him.

He gets Slash at a meet and greet I think. Once he gets up to him, Slash refuses to sign his arm. He tells him he's came a long way to meet him and eventually reluctantly signs his arm.

He gets Axl at that fashion show they did in 2006. Gives the bouncer 20$ who then shouts at Axl after the shows finished. Bouncer advises him not to show Axl his tattoos because "he hates his ex band mates". He gets him to sign his forearm and with the use of photoshop, copies it and gets it tattooed next to the others.

He meets Matt at some point, who offers to sign his arm. Not wanting to be awkward, he lets him do it and later washes it off.

He gets VIP at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the hope of getting Izzy. He gets thrown out for disturbing them and has a conversation with Steven again. Boy from Green Day informs him of where Izzy stays.

He had an incling that Izzy would appear at the first residency in Vegas, so bought tickets for the last shows. He meets Beta who asks for his number and she'll call if Izzy is still there after the show. She gets back to him and says he's a recluse and is now in bed. He waits til 7am after his last show. He meets Beta again who again says he's in bed. She stops and tells him the hotel he's staying at and the time they've got a car sent to him at. He gets Izzy.

I watched this over 12 hours ago so I'm just going off the top of my head, so I might be inaccurate with some of the destinations. It's a good watch though.

yeah the guy is a really good story teller. I wish his izzy movie would see the light of day but it seems like the guys who shot it are incredibly busy with other projects. 

28 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I'm surprised Beta would be so helpful. A fan trying to get autographs in general isn't something a manager would really care about, let alone one involving guys the fragile lead singer hates. 

Agree, managers don´t really care that much about it. But fortunately there´s a large list of GNR fans who have been able to take a pic and get Axl's sign through Beta or Fernando. Sometimes they have to play the "bad cop"  but overall they are(or was) pretty helpful on this matter. I myself know about 4 fans who managed to get a tattoo with Axl's sign thanks to the help of one of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I'm surprised Beta would be so helpful. A fan trying to get autographs in general isn't something a manager would really care about, let alone one involving guys the fragile lead singer hates. 

Maybe because Beta is something more that manager,is almost family ,and she help as family.

17 hours ago, Natty said:

...washes off Matt's signature ..:lol::lol: best part of the story. LMAO

Imagine he would have met some of the nugnr guys ..:smiley-confused2:

He'd have to have arms like Stretch Armstrong or Mr. Tickle to get the autographs of all of the members of GN'R after 1991 on there!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vloors said:

Yeah I will agree. No matter what some people say on here Beta and Fernando seem to be doing a great job for the fans and for Axl and crew.

I always thought of Beta as being like the "mom" or "grandma" of the GNR fans and Axl. She seems to be really nice and helpful and cares about the whole GNR family, talking to fans and being open about many topics to them giving them some insight.

Axl had many shitty people in his life but I think she's one of the better ones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vloors said:

Yeah I will agree. No matter what some people say on here Beta and Fernando seem to be doing a great job for the fans and for Axl and crew.

Yes,in general managers had various artists and not can worry each one in particular,TB is just exclusive with GNR

• Like 1