Smashing Pumpkins Reunion?

soon

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Someone on the SP subreddit said it wasn't D'arcy that sent the message, so she still may be involved. I wouldnt be surprised either way.

If she isn't, it is very annoying how so many big bands are doing "half assed" reunions without all their originals. Van Halen, Black Sabbath, GNR...

Yeah. I follow her on FB and she said that someone had hacked her account

Man I hope its not true.

Is this what is being discussed?:

Speaking exclusively to BlastEcho via text, Wretzky wrote, “My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band. I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me].”

http://blastecho.com/exclusive-darcy-wretzky-will-not-be-part-of-impending-smashing-pumpkins-reunion/

• Sad 1

That really blows if it is true. I wonder how Corgan is going to talk his way out of this, because he has said many times these last few months that he's only interested in doing the Smashing Pumpkins if it will be with the original lineup.

Edited by EvanG

Even though the link I posted above was also picked up by Ultimate Classic Rock, Im not so sure that its legit.  

Im still unclear if that interview is what people are talking about with her social media being hacked?  Are these two separate incidences?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Even though the link I posted above was also picked up by Ultimate Classic Rock, Im not so sure that its legit.  

Im still unclear if that interview is what people are talking about with her social media being hacked?  Are these two separate incidences?

She said on (Jan. 21) that her FB page and her phone were hacked and that it is someone pretending to be her

FireShot%20Capture%20003%20-%20Darcy%20W

FireShot%20Capture%20002%20-%20Darcy%20W

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

She said on (Jan. 21) that her FB page and her phone were hacked and that it is someone pretending to be her

FireShot%20Capture%20003%20-%20Darcy%20W

FireShot%20Capture%20002%20-%20Darcy%20W

What a relief!!!  Thanks for this.

Im so cynical after GNR that Im sitting here thinking "did they just give her hush money and a NDA since her interview?"  Im sure she's telling the truth though.  Really hope to see her be part of this.  

Edited by soon

Still no official word if it's true or not? Billy's former bandmate posted this message:

“I would just throw out there that touring at that level is hard at your body and your emotions and you have to be in top form- and in this cruel meme filed world you also have to have Teflon skin- it’s brutal out there. So some people get there and burn up in the sun and disappear. Others adjust. Some thrive. And music is dutiful and you have to be on top form of your game there too. I think it is actually cruel to expect someone to try to jump in the fire when they might not be able to handle it. People should always be put before money or whatever else. Just a thought. Who can handle it? Who is handling it? Who might not be able to handle it?”

I hope it's not true, but it does make sense. It's a little bit like the Izzy and GnR thing... you can't expect someone to be up for touring for a really long time when they've been out of the game for so long, especially if they're already not too balanced, which might be true for D'arcy?

10 hours ago, EvanG said:

Still no official word if it's true or not? Billy's former bandmate posted this message:

I hope it's not true, but it does make sense. It's a little bit like the Izzy and GnR thing... you can't expect someone to be up for touring for a really long time when they've been out of the game for so long, especially if they're already not too balanced, which might be true for D'arcy?

Which of Billys former bandmates posted that quote?

Also, new UCR article on an odd string of Social Media posts by Billy about a hospital visit is repeating the report that D'arcy is out.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/billy-corgan-medical-condition/ 

Edited by soon

17 hours ago, soon said:

Which of Billys former bandmates posted that quote?

Also, new UCR article on an odd string of Social Media posts by Billy about a hospital visit is repeating the report that D'arcy is out.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/billy-corgan-medical-condition/ 

Linda Strawberry.

Every article right now is mentioning that D'arcy is out, merely because of that first article, so we still haven't heard an official word. I know she wasn't a great bass player, there's a reason why Billy played most bass parts on the records, and she didn't contribute a lot creatively speaking, but if she's out then my interest in this reunion has dropped with 50% for sure. It would still be cool to see James up there, but that reunion has already taken a place a few years ago, and it won't be the same without the original four.

• Like 2

On January 28, 2018 at 9:02 AM, EvanG said:

Linda Strawberry.

Every article right now is mentioning that D'arcy is out, merely because of that first article, so we still haven't heard an official word. I know she wasn't a great bass player, there's a reason why Billy played most bass parts on the records, and she didn't contribute a lot creatively speaking, but if she's out then my interest in this reunion has dropped with 50% for sure. It would still be cool to see James up there, but that reunion has already taken a place a few years ago, and it won't be the same without the original four.

Thanks for posting that.  Yikes it sounds like its about D'arcy.  If D'arcy is out, Melissa was great in the band too and can help on vocals too at least. Why cant someone do a proper reunion any more?!

On January 22, 2018 at 7:22 PM, bucketfoot said:

If not D'arcy, hopefully it'll be Melissa.

What has Melissa been up to lately anyway?

i hope this thing about D'arcy not being involved turns out to be bullshit. But if it really is true, then I'll still be excited to at least see the other three do a record and/or tour. 

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

What has Melissa been up to lately anyway?

i hope this thing about D'arcy not being involved turns out to be bullshit. But if it really is true, then I'll still be excited to at least see the other three do a record and/or tour. 

Haven't heard anything about Melissa in a long time either but I thought she was great when she was in the band and I like all her other stuff as well. I would prefer D'arcy to be there, obviously but it's for Corgan and the others to judge whether she's up to it, simple as that.

Melissas rock music career has slowed down, but she's involved in photography and to some extent theatre, via her partner.  I think they own a theatre?  I think she lives in NYC but Im fuzzy on the specifics of all of this.  She didnt choose to slow down on music, it just turned out that way.  I think shed be interested?  Still hope for D'arcy.

Heres an article where in Corgan is said to announce a three-union.  I dont know as theres no mention of Iha and he previously referred to Iha as a "visitor" to the studio in the picture from the first article in this thread.  Also the pics pretty clearly avoid showing the second guitar and bass rig.  Despite the articles headline, Corgan doesnt mention SP.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/01/billy-corgan-reveals-rick-rubin-is-producing-smashing-pumpkins-reunion-album/

And not even Melissa?!  

I gotta admit, when Corgan had his lineup with a young women on bass I thought "thats so desperate" that they needed to keep the role female.  Now I find myself feeling the opposite way; I really for some reason wish it was at least a women.  And I wish it wasnt including a hold over from the NuPumpkins era.

I wonder how this 'reunion' is going to play out without D'arcy and with Jeff, the guy with no stage presence whatsoever. A lineup without all of the original members worked for GnR merely because of Slash alone, but with only James on board and no D'arcy, I think a lot of fans don't care too much about it. Or we can expect D'arcy doing guest spots.

I dont like the hold over from the nuSP part one bit, especially because Jeff was brought in at the same time they had a melissa look alike on bass, and Jeff looks (is?) Asian, making him kinda fill the Iha demographic.  Hope its not a three guitar thing too.

I am still excited for the album, because they are promising something reminiscent to Siamese and Im ready for that album to exist.  And the three of them did most of those albums in-studio aspects.