Smashing Pumpkins Reunion?

soon

On 13-11-2018 at 1:26 AM, EvanG said:

The new EP is growing on me after a couple of more listens, but it's not a return to form either unfortunately. Maybe I need to listen to it more or listen to a better version than the crappy leaked mp3's that I've been listening to.

It's mostly me talking to myself in here, but I must say that I'm starting to dig these new songs more and more... even the weaker songs are starting to grow on me. This is the most excited I have been about a Pumpkins release in a very long time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No idea... I hope so! I don't know how Volume 1 did, but I imagine that it did better than previous releases without Jimmy and James.

And as far as I know his solo record is also coming out this year, although I'm sure the one he released 1,5 year ago didn't do too well either.

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

is Shiny & Oh So Bright Volume 2 even still gonna happen, considering how poorly Volume 1 sold?

Did their records before the reunion sell that well at all? I don't know the numbers. But I'd be surprised if Monuments or Oceania sold extremely well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Let's hope the new record will have some of these screams, if Corgan can still pull it off...

I hope there will be screams like that! Its otherworldly, along with Chamberlains drumming.

After you see Jimmy drum like in this clip you just cant look at a solitary drum set the same way ever again - after seeing the whole kit just explode, a lone drum set looks more like a grenade! Calm like a bomb.

18 minutes ago, soon said:

After you see Jimmy drum like in this clip you just cant look at a solitary drum set the same way ever again - after seeing the whole kit just explode, a lone drum set looks more like a grenade! Calm like a bomb.

Oh man, Jimmy is from another planet! He's by far my favourite drummer.

Edited by EvanG

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh man, Jimmy is from another planet! He's by far my favourite drummer.

Thoroughly enjoying this!!! :headbang:Thanks for sharing!

Its nice to watch mastery of any type. When its part of music that you love, thats the things that make life magical. This man is truly otherworldly on the kit. Such a relaxed command of the instrument. The thing moves like its part of him.

I also got distracted by the crowd surfing. People crowd surf like a 1/2 km to the front and fall over the rail. The security guards catch them with out beating them, because theres no fear they are terrorists. And then the kids walk away like nothing odd has happened. And how are they gonna find their crew if theres no cell phones? So many questions about this phenomenon. lol

Chamberlain is a beast. Easily my favourite too!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Bump

Finally seeing them. Literally right now about 4 songs in. Wtf theyre AWESOME. I wae not expecting them to be this good

Just did Solara and Knights of Malta and both of those were meh on the album for me but they are AWESOME live. Wtf. I wish the record was like they are live. Killer songs in concert

• GNFNR 1

Show is done. I loved it. Would have been great to have D'arcy up there, but it was still great. They sounded great, and I liked Jeff up there with James and Billy. Jimmy was awesome. Cool stage show, too.

Glad I waited to see them this year. I paid 20 bucks for lawn and snuck into the pavilion. Noel Gallagher kicked ass, too. What a great deal. Id totally see them again 

• Like 1

I listened to Shiny again the other day and I didn't dislike it when it came out, but I feel that only ''Silvery Sometimes'' and ''With Sympathy'' stand out now.

I've been listening to Machina too lately, and I forgot how good that one is.

Edited by EvanG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, soon said:

Listened a few times and I like it but Im not sure what I make of it yet. Beautiful vocal performance - that must be the first time I've ever said that about William.

I like it too after a couple of listens. I listened to the other 16(!) songs but only through youtube while doing other things at the same time and that's not the best way to listen to new songs, especially not songs like these. But there are some surprising americana sounding songs on there, like Buffalo Boys and Cri de Coeur.

By the way, if you haven't listened to Ogilala yet, his previous solo record, you should check that one out too... it's a grower, but there are some beautiful songs on it.

• GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

I like it too after a couple of listens. I listened to the other 16(!) songs but only through youtube while doing other things at the same time and that's not the best way to listen to new songs, especially not songs like these. But there are some surprising americana sounding songs on there, like Buffalo Boys and Cri de Coeur.

By the way, if you haven't listened to Ogilala yet, his previous solo record, you should check that one out too... it's a grower, but there are some beautiful songs on it.

16 tracks?! This guy just has songs pouring out of him! I really like Buffalo Boys, thanks for sharing it. Its just as you say, surprisingly Americana. He's touched on so many genres and nails this one too.

I havent checked out Oglala in full, Ill definitely do that. :headbang:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...