soon

Smashing Pumpkins Reunion?

On 13-11-2018 at 1:26 AM, EvanG said:

The new EP is growing on me after a couple of more listens, but it's not a return to form either unfortunately. Maybe I need to listen to it more or listen to a better version than the crappy leaked mp3's that I've been listening to.

It's mostly me talking to myself in here, but I must say that I'm starting to dig these new songs more and more... even the weaker songs are starting to grow on me. This is the most excited I have been about a Pumpkins release in a very long time.

• Like 1

I need to listen to it again. Two additional (non single) songs stood out a but and others not so much. But just haven’t had the chance to delve in again yet. 

I didn't like this song a lot at first, but after a few listens this is one of my favourite songs on the new EP. I think it's also one of the first songs that was co-written by Jimmy.

• Like 1

the album is definitely a grower, solara was decent,  I liked the ghosts song right off the back and the knights of malta took a few listens but i like it alot now 

• Like 1

I'm all for bands evolving, but a ''guitar driven'' record like their first three sounds very exciting, especially with James back on board. Hopefully he will produce some of those great guitar solos like on Gish and Siamese Dream.

• Like 1

is Shiny & Oh So Bright Volume 2 even still gonna happen, considering how poorly Volume 1 sold?

Edited by rocknroll41

No idea... I hope so! I don't know how Volume 1 did, but I imagine that it did better than previous releases without Jimmy and James.

And as far as I know his solo record is also coming out this year, although I'm sure the one he released 1,5 year ago didn't do too well either.

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

is Shiny & Oh So Bright Volume 2 even still gonna happen, considering how poorly Volume 1 sold?

Did their records before the reunion sell that well at all? I don't know the numbers. But I'd be surprised if Monuments or Oceania sold extremely well.

According to Wikipedia it only peaked at #54 on the charts, making it their lowest-peaking album since Gish. I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s also their lowest-selling, though.

I'm probably going to finally see them this year on the Noel Gallagher co-tour

Listened to the new album again. Its not bad, but not really good imo. Kudos for putting something out, though

Posted (edited)

Let's hope the new record will have some of these screams, if Corgan can still pull it off...

Edited by EvanG
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Let's hope the new record will have some of these screams, if Corgan can still pull it off...

I hope there will be screams like that! Its otherworldly, along with Chamberlains drumming.

After you see Jimmy drum like in this clip you just cant look at a solitary drum set the same way ever again - after seeing the whole kit just explode, a lone drum set looks more like a grenade! Calm like a bomb.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, soon said:

After you see Jimmy drum like in this clip you just cant look at a solitary drum set the same way ever again - after seeing the whole kit just explode, a lone drum set looks more like a grenade! Calm like a bomb.

Oh man, Jimmy is from another planet! He's by far my favourite drummer.

Edited by EvanG

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh man, Jimmy is from another planet! He's by far my favourite drummer.

Thoroughly enjoying this!!! :headbang:Thanks for sharing!

Its nice to watch mastery of any type. When its part of music that you love, thats the things that make life magical. This man is truly otherworldly on the kit. Such a relaxed command of the instrument. The thing moves like its part of him.

I also got distracted by the crowd surfing. People crowd surf like a 1/2 km to the front and fall over the rail. The security guards catch them with out beating them, because theres no fear they are terrorists. And then the kids walk away like nothing odd has happened. And how are they gonna find their crew if theres no cell phones? So many questions about this phenomenon. lol

Chamberlain is a beast. Easily my favourite too!

• Like 1