Jump to content
ramsey

Rumor of a new album???

Recommended Posts

Can't say I'm convinced. I'd imagine the band, along with Caram, would work on it themselves.

Edited by Dean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dean said:

Can't say I'm convinced. I'd imagine the band themselves, along with Caram, would work on it themselves.

Thats a great point.  And I dont think theres anything to this.  But for fun, I could speculate that since Caram is someone who Slash and Duff havent worked with that an executive producer could be brought in to give just such perimeters as the post states.  Also Rubin is basically only an executive producer and those stipulations sound enough like him.  Rubin has been a go to for bands in this type of position.  Caram could still engineer, co produce and finish it up the way he did CD?

But yeah, its likely nothing and this thread likely wont last long

Edited by soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Definitely interesting, but it's all pretty vague. :shrugs:

 

And fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I hope Rubin is not producing anything related to Guns. People can shit on Chinese Democracy's production all they want, but I have 100% confidence that Axl/Caram would produce a better Guns record than Rubin...

I really thought the production was good but it was so compressed on the guitar end for alot of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I really thought the production was good but it was so compressed on the guitar end for alot of it. 

 

I like the production too, for the most part. But if people thought CD sounded like a mess, wait till they hear Rubin's approach to Axl's hundred-layer tracks... :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like GNR. Now, if it is GNR and they are making an all new record, and they want a "comeback" album, then the only producer I can think of that fits that bill is Rick Rubin. Now, some of ye have already said it about the mixes for Rubin records, and I agree! But, even if they were ceding control to the producer, they (Axl) would not let him decide on the mix, that would be down to the band first as well as the producer and if you listen to the records any of the three released, none of them are brick walled, loud yes, but not compressed so much that there's no dynamic left in the mix.

My 2nd guess would be Brendan O'Brien seen as Slash and Duff worked with him on Libertad, he was the AC/DC producer for the last few records, and he's a huge name. He'd be a great choice, because 1. he works quick and 2. he likes to record on the floor and have a livelier sound, and after CD that's what people want to hear.

I'd love to see Bob Rock producing but I don't see it.

End of the day, this is a rumour website so who knows, I mean there's 5/6 months before they have to hit the road, maybe they work up to then, do a summer tour vacation, and head back in to finish the record at the end of the year... I would love to see them work that fast, but I also an't see it happening, there's several members that can work that fast, and one guy who has proven time and time again that he doesn't work that way, so we'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised they'd give so much power to a producer but maybe that's the only way Axl/Slash agreed to do it? Neither of them can be in control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Definitely interesting, but it's all pretty vague. :shrugs:

 

And fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I hope Rubin is not producing anything related to Guns. People can shit on Chinese Democracy's production all they want, but I have 100% confidence that Axl/Caram would produce a better Guns record than Rubin...

Rubin not was producer of Metallica??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It sounds more like KISS to me. For those guys it really is now or never to do it considering their age and that Paul and Gene have worked with Ace recently

That's who popped into my head at first too. Axl/Duff/Slash didn't have any "half-hearted collaborative efforts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

That's who popped into my head at first too. Axl/Duff/Slash didn't have any "half-hearted collaborative efforts".

Could be a dig at Velvet Revolver

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

That's who popped into my head at first too. Axl/Duff/Slash didn't have any "half-hearted collaborative efforts".

"half hearted collaborative efforts" could be refering to the last time they tried to make an album, those doomed 1996 sessions. I'd imagine now they would want to try more than have Axl sitting around listening but never singing while Slash noodles.

All those other guesses seem dumb to me in that comment section, Bon Jovi said never say never, VH, LZ and Oasis has not recently toured. I'm not familiar with Journey, BS, Pink Floyd, Smiths, Kinks so don't know how much those fit the bill. GNR does tick all the boxes though but I still believe it is KISS

 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh!! I just read something a day or two a go that 3/4 of the original Smashing Pumpkins are recording together. Could it be them?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit totally forgot about SP that might be it then, that makes even more sense. Can't imagine Axl wanting to give full control to a producer actually either. "If a band member departs" sounds like something that would not happen with GNR too, who would leave that cash rain right now? As if there's danger Frank or Fortus would now suddenly depart, or Slash or Duff for that matter..not gonna happen.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh shit totally forgot about SP that might be it then, that makes even more sense. Can't imagine Axl wanting to give full control to a producer actually either. "If a band member departs" sounds like something that would not happen with GNR too, who would leave that cash rain right now? As if there's danger Frank or Fortus would now suddenly depart, or Slash or Duff for that matter..not gonna happen.

Could Smashing Pumpkins get one of the top 5 producers of all time at this stage? They already blew their "comeback" album by marketing the 2007 album as it. They do fit the "half-hearted collaborative efforts" though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh!! I just read something a day or two a go that 3/4 of the original Smashing Pumpkins are recording together. Could it be them?

But they haven't done any concert  recently. Did they? I don’t follow them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Derick said:

But they haven't done any concert  recently. Did they? I don’t follow them..

They're mostly a Billy Corgan solo project using the Smashing Pumpkins name, but original members made guest appearances at a couple of concerts last year. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×