Rumor of a new album???

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I agree, but i wouldn't consider them a 'permanent' A-list band. Some might disagree that Guns is as well when considering the Chinese years, but they have always maintained a huge presence in the minds of the media and rock fans. Now that they're arguably one of the biggest bands in the world again, more people are getting around with their merch and it's clear that they maintain the status of an A-list band.

I agree. The band wasn't A-list anymore because for the last couple of years it was only Billy making records with hired hands that didn't have the quality of the 90s records, and then it's easy to vanish from that A-list status. I think everyone has a different definition of ''A-list'' anyway.

• Like 1

If this is GnR, really the only way it works is if it's another Greatest Hits album but with 1-3 new songs.

Does anybody really think Axl is going to give final word to anybody on an album full of his material?

But if this was just another cash grab.....whoops, I mean if this is another Greatest Hits album, but throwing a couple new songs on it, in that scenario, Axl would be more likely to let a producer have final call on the 2 new songs.

14 new songs - no way Axl gives up that control.

2 new songs - quite possibly.

21 minutes ago, Natty said:

Its interesting how famous/not famous bands are in different countries. 

Fleetwood Mac? I couldn t name one song of that band. I am 40 years old and live in Austria. 

GNR on the other side was always present since I was a child. They have always been played on the radio , commercial pop stations as well as rock radios. In Austria Guns hits like November Rain, Paradise City, Knockin on heavens door or sweet child are a constant part since of radio programs of the last 30 years... 

I would never name Fleetwood mac as an A list band. Guns was always huge .. their music is timeless and Axl and Slash were so interesting characters that people talked about them even after 96 .

I would be sooo happy if rumours are true and we get some new songs. would be over the moon... but how many times journalists just want to sell copies and exagerate a lot. I couldnt care less if in the end new music would be from smashing pumpkins...another b/c list band in my eyes. 

Yep... SCOM, Knocking..., NR, PC are regular on mainstreem stations in Cro since 90s. Never heard any of CD tracks really - not even when NuGNR were in Zagreb and Split, and yes, Slither made cro premiere in the end of main news show on national tv :D

After reunion airplay is bigger - and you can hear WTTJ or Nightrain...

Im talking about mainstreem statons...

FM is much smaller name here...

• Thanks 1

Fleetwood Mac were massive though, and still remain massive on the nostalgia circuit. They have certifiably sold 76.3 million records (estimated 100 million) worldwide, more records sold than Guns N' Roses, Prince, Paul McCartney and Janet Jackson,

US: 51.250 million (more than Guns N' Roses)

UK: 13.785 million

GER: 3.5 million

They, alongside others such as The Eagles, Journey and Foreigner, were the forerunners of AOR, dominating American FM airwaves for years. 

PS

Rumours is the fifth biggest selling album in American history (just ousting Appetite) and the eleventh in the United Kingdom (why so low? We like ABBA and Queen!). Rumours has sold 40 million worldwide! These are ball-busting statistics here. It is objective fact that Fleetwood Mac are one of the most successful and disseminated bands on popular music. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

I haven't seen ANYONE mention Chicago if Peter Catera rejoined. I'm not saying that's who I think it is, but many of you are just throwing bands on the wall hoping one sticks.

Honestly I DO think they are talking about Guns, but since you lot want to dicker and Dan about who it is (other than gnr), I'll throw Chicago on the wall. Talk about an A List band that if reunited with a new album, would garner some attention. More attention than Smashing Pumpkins or even Fleetwood Mac would imo.

4 hours ago, Dcrazed212 said:

That was PERFECTLY said.

Below is something I predicted Jan 6th.  THis will all come true just like a predicted.

JAn6 -  Do you really think on the long plane rides crossing the globe, these guys are not talking and planning?  Are you serious?  We all know after the shows they aren’t partying together in a dressing room anymore.  We know they are all going with their teams/family to their separate hotel suites, probably sometimes even different hotels.  But all the sound checks and rehearsal.  All those long ass plane rides together.  You think the guys from one of the biggest bands of all time, who are in the midst of the 4th highest grossing tour of all time are not on that plane plotting and scheming?  You don’t think the GNR machine is carefully crafting this just like they carefully crafted NITL ?  You don’t think Axl is playing music for the guys and the band showing Axl music ideas on those long distance plane ride for the last year and half ?  People get real. :rolleyes:

And you believe all of this because Axl was a head case for most of his 20’s and 30’s ?  You don’t think after the CD fiasco he is changing his game up now ?  He has been on time for EVERY show this tour.  No drama, no riots, just a professional money-making machine and gave the fans what they wanted.  An amazing nostalgia show.   And now the fans want an album, and they will get it.  I am still in shock all of you doubters are still using the “Axl is a perfectionist and  takes 10 years to drop “ an album excuse.  Do any of you act the same way you did when you were 23 ?  These guys grew up, put the past in the past and are moving forward.  This is all planned out in its entirety.  Its more predictable then the tour which I predicted on facebook in 2014, down to the line up and the years.

The doubters remind me of the people that watch a movie and are still shocked at a twist in the plot.   “ Oh my god, I didn’t see that coming, he is really the bad guy .. “  :popcorn:

As people age, they change.  They get smarter.  They check their ego’s.  Humility comes into play.  They learn from their numerous mistakes.  Money becomes more important as you get older and you start to clearly see your window of opportunity is closing in front of your eyes.  How are you not taking any of this into account?

Time stamp this, because all of the below will happen.  It’s clear as day.

1 )They are recording a new album and it will be released before the NITL resumes in June.

2) it will be a mix of some old and some new, some copy and paste.  This is how albums are done when you are a wealthy older rockstar.  You don’t sit in a room and create an organic album with just the band members anymore.  That’s not even logically possible with 5 wealthy people who have families and live’s and other business at hand.  It’s called technology, albums get made that way now. 

3)  The album wont have any #1 singles, but the album will be a very very good album and we will all buy it.  There will probably be a song released on a movie soundtrack as well.

4) They will switch up the set list completely for the tour to include the new album and different tracks from UYI I and II.  Different covers.  Only the 8 or 9 staple songs will be there.

5) At some point the original 5 will be all on stage together.  This only didn’t happen last year because of money.  But with a half billion already in, and another 1 billion coming in, money will now be a moot point as there is so much to go around now.  To go further, I think they will open the show with a string of 3 to 4 AFD songs with the original 5 on stage to open the shows.  This will be fu*&ing explosive, and would be main stream headline news.  This alone would make every person who saw NITL see it again.  They would be able to tour on that alone for 3 more years.  rock3

6) The line up will consist of the current line up plus Izzy and Steven in a supporting role.  Yes, 3 guitars on stage.

5) NITL will become the highest grossing tour ever in history surpassing U2.

6) The album will be called “ Not In This Lifetime “ 

7) After they become #1 tour ever, they will take a nice break.  All members including AXL will do a side project.  Axl will do a solo album with guest musicians.  He will NOT do an AC/DC album.

*) After a few more years, they will do scaled down arena tours every other year.  A fine-tuned touring band that people like to keep seeing multiple times.  Sort of like Foo fighters and Metallica.

9) Final prediction, no one will give me credit for this perfect accurate post.  :jerkoff:

Edited January 6 by Dcrazed212

lol no

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fleetwood Mac were massive though, and still remain massive on the nostalgia circuit. They have certifiably sold 76.3 million records (estimated 100 million) worldwide, more records sold than Guns N' Roses, Prince, Paul McCartney and Janet Jackson,

US: 51.250 million (more than Guns N' Roses)

UK: 13.785 million

GER: 3.5 million

They, alongside others such as The Eagles, Journey and Foreigner, were the forerunners of AOR, dominating American FM airwaves for years. 

PS

Rumours is the fifth biggest selling album in American history (just ousting Appetite) and the eleventh in the United Kingdom (why so low? We like ABBA and Queen!). Rumours has sold 40 million worldwide! These are ball-busting statistics here. It is objective fact that Fleetwood Mac are one of the most successful and disseminated bands on popular music. 

they might have been massive in the UK but take into consideration that they ve been founded like 20 years before GNR and have sold only 5 mio copies more than GNR worldwide...

Source Wikipedia. in Germany and central europe/CEE sales figures of GNR are better than Fleetwood Mac. 

You living in UK have lived other impressions/experiences ...like others from UK wrote it seems Guns were not that popular after Illusions. 

if you ask people on the street in central europe to name songs of Fleetwood Mac I m not sure you ll find many...

If I was asked about A list british bands I would say Beatles, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Queen..

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

they might have been massive in the UK but take into consideration that they ve been founded like 20 years before GNR and have sold only 5 mio copies more than GNR worldwide...

Source Wikipedia. in Germany and central europe/CEE sales figures of GNR are better than Fleetwood Mac. 

You living in UK have lived other impressions/experiences ...like others from UK wrote it seems Guns were not that popular after Illusions. 

if you ask people on the street in central europe to name songs of Fleetwood Mac I m not sure you ll find many...

If I was asked about A list british bands I would say Beatles, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Queen..

Applies to the United States also, during that particular period and line-up (1974-1987) of Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac sold 2.75 million more albums than GN'R in the United States. It was the recruitment of two Americans and their stranglehold of American airwaves which underpinned their late '70s success (they began as a rather different incarnation, playing a rather different style of music, as part of the British blues boom in the 1960s). 

They do however, glancing at their record sales figures, seem to have been marginally less successful on mainland Europe than Guns N' Roses were.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I remember Fleetwood Mac songs from Rumours -their most popular song was probably Oh Daddy- and Tango In The Night being played on Greek radio stations until about some time in the 90s. Songs from the Peter Green era appeared from time to time on more niche rock radio shows.  Now and for the last many years they're not played often, and when they are it's mostly their Tango In The Night hits as part of the 80s nostalgia.

Hotel California was and still is a staple, but it's about the only song by The Eagles you hear on the radio.

Foreigner had some hits and their successful ballads are still played from time to time on soft music stations.

As for Journey, I don't know about the rest of Europe, but here they were nothing. Nobody listened to them -at most people knew "Don't Stop Believing" in the 80s- and of course nobody knows them now.

GnR hits are played daily on rock radio and other stations (e.g. sports).

I must note though that mainstream radio here plays mostly local music.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

If this is GnR, really the only way it works is if it's another Greatest Hits album but with 1-3 new songs.

Does anybody really think Axl is going to give final word to anybody on an album full of his material?

But if this was just another cash grab.....whoops, I mean if this is another Greatest Hits album, but throwing a couple new songs on it, in that scenario, Axl would be more likely to let a producer have final call on the 2 new songs.

14 new songs - no way Axl gives up that control.

2 new songs - quite possibly.

Did anyone think Axl would show up on time, every time, with no drama for 2 straight years ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I haven't seen ANYONE mention Chicago if Peter Catera rejoined. I'm not saying that's who I think it is, but many of you are just throwing bands on the wall hoping one sticks.

Honestly I DO think they are talking about Guns, but since you lot want to dicker and Dan about who it is (other than gnr), I'll throw Chicago on the wall. Talk about an A List band that if reunited with a new album, would garner some attention. More attention than Smashing Pumpkins or even Fleetwood Mac would imo.

Chicago??? :rofl-lol: 

• Haha 2

If this is GNR the rumour is about ( which I think it is ) then surely that would mean no AC/DC for Axl in the near future as well. I mean if one of the biggest producers in the world is taking control of things then I’m sure that person would want total commitment from the band in order to get the job done. Again this could be a reason why it could easily not be Guns. Is giving control of things with GNR over to someone and putting AC/DC out of the picture something Axl would happily do ? 

2 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

If this is GNR the rumour is about ( which I think it is ) then surely that would mean no AC/DC for Axl in the near future as well. I mean if one of the biggest producers in the world is taking control of things then I’m sure that person would want total commitment from the band in order to get the job done. Again this could be a reason why it could easily not be Guns. Is giving control of things with GNR over to someone and putting AC/DC out of the picture something Axl would happily do ? 

It's not up to Axl for an AC/DC album. Angus just had a personal tragedy, the last thing I would think now if I was him would be to record some new stuff.
As for the band giving control, yes it sounds weird for GNR but it totally makes sense. The weight is not only in Axl's shoulders anymore, there is Slash and Duff. Going through the same thing just like Chinese Democracy isn't an option for Axl and he knows it. I want to believe he learned from his mistake. Also, giving control to the producer, doesn't mean the band has no say on it. It will make it simple for everyone.

Again assuming, for the sake of the discussion, that the post is not made up (it most likely is):

Control to the producer doesn't necessarily mean creative control or final say. That part could be interpreted as control on the recording schedule, ie. that the band members should comply with the schedule set by the producer, be in the studio at certain hours and record their parts within a certain time frame.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree it would be simple for everyone and there’ll have been lessons learnt over the years. As far as AC/DC goes I know it’s not up to Axl with any decisions. It’s just because there were rumours towards the end of last year Axl was meant to be doing things with AC/DC this year and obviously Malcolm’s death will have affected that. Surely a new Guns album and tour would rule Axl out of any near future plans with AC/DC if or when Angus is ready. 

25 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

He was half hour late in melbourne

Is that McBob incident show? I’m not sure but in one of these GIGs he and a lot people got stuck in the traffic and they started 30 minutes late..or something like that. At the showtime many fans were still outside the stadium..Again, I'm not sure if it happened in Melbourne.

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

Is that McBob incident show? I’m not sure but in one of these GIGs he and a lot people got stuck in the traffic and they started 30 minutes late..or something like that. At the showtime many fans were still outside the stadium..Again, I'm not sure if it happened in Melbourne.

Yeah in Melbourne Mcbob said Sydney and a lot of people were looking at each other like wtf, but me and my mates never even noticed.

due to axl being late it was a very short set by comparison to others on NITL as the MCG is smack bang in suburbia and had strict noise curfews. It’s mainly a sport stadium and sports events are generally on weekends and normally would end by around 10:30.