Rumor of a new album???

I don't think it's made up.

If you make up a rumour saying "Kim Kardashian is a lesbian" that will spread over all the media and it's worth it.

Most of the population couldn't care less about a GNR album, that would make a small headline for like one day so its not worth making that up.

14 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

If you make up a rumour saying "Kim Kardashian is a lesbian" that will spread over all the media and it's worth it.

Most of the population couldn't care less about a GNR album, that would make a small headline for like one day so its not worth making that up.

I don’t necessarily  find that kind of logic right.  You can make up a rumor for the clicks on your website but also for the fun of people believing it, no matter how many there will be. Sometimes you do things just because you can 

Edited by Get In the Ring Motherfker

23 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

If most people don't care about a GN'R album then why even bother making a rumour about GN'R in first place :shrugs:

Most rock bands are in decadence nowadays and GN'R is in the spotlight only because of their very successful "reunion" tour.

Rumors about an album from them makes sense because it's the logical next step.

So the website could be using that either to get clicks for themselves or because it is actually true.

Time will tell but they've already gotten their clicks, their traffic and probably new readers.

Edited by killuridols

31 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

It would take one minute to make this up, so it's not like it's a lot of work. I'm not saying it's made up, probably not, but just saying... it could have easily been made up, even if it's to mess with just a few people.

5 minutes ago, tremolo said:

It’s funny how you think that to get radio play you need to be big.

It’s a matter of money. Radio play is promotion for bands. Labels PAY radio stations to give certain songs a certain amount of airplay.

Payola is illegal. 

2 minutes ago, tremolo said:

It’s funny how you think that to get radio play you need to be big.

It’s a matter of money. Radio play is promotion for bands. Labels PAY radio stations to give certain songs a certain amount of airplay.

I don't really think that labels PAY radio stations to play 20-30 yes old songs . . . Sure not for small markets like Croatia...

27 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Radiohead are the sacred cow of “alternative” music.

They have managed to remain relevant for a long time, pretty much every single release is seen as a new masterpiece or some shit like that.

I’m not a big fan of them (although I love The Bends, OK Computer and some of In Rainbows), but they are huge and way more relevant than GNR.

GNR were big in the late 80s - early 90s. Their current “bigness” is temporary for a very particular reason.

I disagree...

I like Radiohead a lot, specially those albums you've pointed out.

That being said, I think GnR are seen as one of the bests ever, specially Axl and Slash, together and on their own. 

I understand what you said though...they've been relevant for a lot of time, but I think they are nowhere near GnR in terms of popularity and relevance. 

Just an opinion.

I think U2 may be compared to GnR, they are even bigger...but U2 is far away from Radiohead

31 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Radiohead are the sacred cow of “alternative” music.

They have managed to remain relevant for a long time, pretty much every single release is seen as a new masterpiece or some shit like that.

I’m not a big fan of them (although I love The Bends, OK Computer and some of In Rainbows), but they are huge and way more relevant than GNR.

GNR were big in the late 80s - early 90s. Their current “bigness” is temporary for a very particular reason.

radiohead was never bigger than gnr and will never be

the fact that 90% of the rock music critics love them and praise them all the time -- "every single release is seen as a new masterpiece or some shit like that" as you mentioned -- doesnt make them remotely closer to GNR in popularity

which is something you can quantify

===

relevance?

relevance for whom?

for music critics and journalists and similar types radiohead is like 180 billion times more relevant than GNR will ever be

for the rest of the world population GNR is at least 180 zillion times more relevant than radiohead and that "position" was never ever remotely threatened by radiohead

I wonder what kinda stipulations (if any) were put on Aerosmith when they reunited in the studio.  They leaned heavily on their A&R and had outside writers, was this a producers call?  To be clear I do not think there will be outside writers, but maybe theres other similarities to be found?

Also...

My local rock station plays a ZZ Top song every three tracks.  To fill the remaining space they rotate through:

- Jeff Healy's "Angel Eyes"

- Tom Cochrane's "Life Is A Highway"  

- Boston's "More Than a Feeling"

- A band called The Headstones entire catalogue.  30% must be Canadian Content after all.  

They used to have the Ronnie Wood show which was awesome.  They dont play GNR but they did, sparingly, around the week of the announcement for NITL.  I knew I had a bad station, but after hearing these reports from all over the world now Im pissed.

Radiohead is huge, at least in Europe, I don't know how big they are outside of Europe, though. But they never achieved the kind of fame GnR achieved in their heyday, but that goes for most bands. So if we're talking about popularity, then GnR is ''bigger''.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

radiohead was never bigger than gnr and will never be

the fact that 90% of the rock music critics love them and praise them all the time -- "every single release is seen as a new masterpiece or some shit like that" as you mentioned -- doesnt make them remotely closer to GNR in popularity

which is something you can quantify

===

relevance?

relevance for whom?

for music critics and journalists and similar types radiohead is like 180 billion times more relevant than GNR will ever be

for the rest of the world population GNR is at least 180 zillion times more relevant than radiohead and that "position" was never ever remotely threatened by radiohead

👍👍👍

• Like 1

Unfortunately Radiohead is much more relevant and popular than GNR in the US as well.  The demand for their shows is through the roof.  I believe the difference is their ability to produce new music and make actual efforts to please their fanbase.

1 hour ago, slim26 said:

Unfortunately Radiohead is much more relevant and popular than GNR in the US as well.  The demand for their shows is through the roof.  I believe the difference is their ability to produce new music and make actual efforts to please their fanbase.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2