Rumor of a new album???

A+S+D are generating hundreds of millions touring. There's global interest. Even without a substantial media appearance. They don't need anybody to sell their shit. I think they'll self-finance an album and release it on their own. It'll have specialty packaging, so it's something people will want to buy.

Edited by Kickingthehabit

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

What's all this about saving money? The fuckers are loaded! :lol:

They didn't take all of our cash just to give it back by spending hundreds of thousands to record and promote an album that most casuals will consume for free! :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, soon said:

I still think its a GNR Lies type release: 4 "new" tracks and 4 live from NITL.

2 CDII tracks with Slash and Duff (saving money in this no-sales landscape)

2 NITL lineup tracks (drawing from any of the sessions from the 90's and new jams, under the producers control)

4 Live tracks, maybe mostly covers? (appealing to the audiences of those artists, many of whom have passed recently.  Again saving money.  Also promoting a tour that likely wants to go on for years to come)

They call it GNR Truth.  MSL and GNR have public beef about this.  Lawsuits.  Mega hits.  It'll be Guns AF

That’s the most interesting theory as to what we could expect if anything new is released. 

It’s the least amount of effort they could put towards something but I’ll take anything at this point 

• Thanks 1

Radiohead is pretty popular in Argentina, a country that loves classick rock more than anything else. But they are coming here to play an alternative festival in April and tickets are already selling pretty well.

They are not a popular stadium band but they are known and liked by an important alternative crowd.

I like their albums from the 90s.

10 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I asked Mitch Lafon via Instagram and he told me he thinks we’ll get a new album in the near future. 

I don’t know, I felt like asking and he answered. He must have sources at least.

Hope he’s right

Yeah but isn't he the same guy that said that Dave Kurshner and Izzy would both be involved with NITL? Can that guy really be trusted?

18 hours ago, tremolo said:

It’s funny how you think that to get radio play you need to be big.

It’s a matter of money. Radio play is promotion for bands. Labels PAY radio stations to give certain songs a certain amount of airplay.

I’ve worked in radio for 12 years. That’s not how it works.

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

I don't think that the label/TB/Slash/Duff were ever the problem. The label would take any album under the GnR name and Slash and Duff would happily record and release a new record. It's Axl and it always has been. If he wants to do it he will but history has shown that he'll do what he wants, when he wants and nothing anybody else says or does will make a blind bit of difference. Long story short, we'll see a new record if and when Axl wants to make one. 

I definitely agree with you on some elements of that, but I could definitely believe that there was also hidden agenda's from the label trying to force Axl into getting back together with Slash by way of multiple managers trying to manipulate Axl into doing so. We've seen MSL's alleged leaks which list one of the documents being Beta emailing Iovine (I think) on how to trick Axl and also Merck allegedly cutting Finck from the payroll and telling Axl that Bucket had quit, when in reality he hadn't. These guys probably would have gotten a big pay off had they succeeded in doing so in the 2000's. I would honestly love to think that Axl was highly motivated around the initial CD sessions around '98/'99 to actually put out a vast amount of material, but somewhere down the line things turned sour and resulted him in saying that 2008, the year of the release, was the worst year of his life.  

If motivation was the issue, then I'm certain that with Duff and Slash back in the fold it'll help Axl get back to his creative best.