Rumor of a new album???

I'd love for it to be KISS, but the "recent concert cash" line sounds a lot more like NITL than anything KISS has done lately.  However, the "half-hearted collaboration" line screams out Psycho Circus and what a failure that was of a reunion album.

Watch it be something stupid like Led Zep :lol:

To me, this is the key part of the rumor: 

"Apparently all that recent concert money they've recently earned has reminded them they were once that good."

What money has Kiss recently made from touring, that they haven't over the last 20 years?  Metallica had a good tour, but when have they had to remind themselves that they were "once that good"?  They're tours have been steady throughout the years.  The Smashing Pumpkins? Again; what recent $$? And BC  is WAY more of a control freak than Axl (OK, maybe not way more, but...)
i think this is definitely about GN'R; doesn't mean it's true, but I think this is what the author was pointing to....

Edited by Bluefish18
  • Like 2

This riddle is kinda fun. Lines like (most of) original members, and recent concert money tells you it’s a big name band with a partial reunited lineup, and they have been active recently on tour. 

I’m a bit lost on “half hearted collaborative efforts for this band” if it’s gnr related they would be referring to nuGNR, but that line seems to point to a band that has tried this in the past and not followed through so I feel this hurts the case for gnr. And of course the ceding of control. That doesn’t sound like any version of gnr and would be odd. Gnr can get anyone they want to produce an album, why choose someone that will have full control? 

I dont think this is guns because not one member would give creative control. I believe guns would produce the album themselves and have complete creative control or maybe have caram or whoever hepls produces slash solo material. Im betting the band is motley crue. Live is not an a list band. Im betting motley because they released their last tour as a final goodbye to the fans and always mentioned they would not be reforming. Plus sixx is no longer doing sixxam. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well..the plot thickens! The official GNR photographer is going to LA right now...Maybe to registre this historical moment?

P.D.: Don’t punch me guys!:lol:

Have to say the same thought crossed my mind when I saw her post. Hmmm. 

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think this is guns because not one member would give creative control. I believe guns would produce the album themselves and have complete creative control or maybe have caram or whoever hepls produces slash solo material. Im betting the band is motley crue. Live is not an a list band. Im betting motley because they released their last tour as a final goodbye to the fans and always mentioned they would not be reforming. Plus sixx is no longer doing sixxam. 

I like Crue, but I'd never honestly describe them as "A list" in terms of legendary rock outfits..

Definitely throwing all my chips into Led Zeppelin if this turns out to be more than a rumor, it's the band's 50th anniversary this year

58 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well..the plot thickens! The official GNR photographer is going to LA right now...Maybe to registre this historical moment?

P.D.: Don’t punch me guys!:lol:

Don't blame her. The cold sucks ass. I'd be going to LA too

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As far as the line about "half hearted collaborations", it could refer to Velvet Revolver, or Axl playing with Izzy or Duff between 2006-2014.

Only thing is it directly says “for that band” after the collaborations line, it’s referencing the mystery band. Typically a collaboration would be some work together, not a single show. 

To me it’s referencing a band that has attempted to do something together in the past but it didn’t work out for whatever reason. 

Thats the line that draws me away from it being gnr. Prior to 2016 this band hasn’t tried to make anything happen together and namely Slash and Axl haven’t in 22 years. 

"...if any single one member of the band departs or screws up? It is over. According to one member, no more half hearted collaborated efforts for that band. At this point why would they even try?"

The line or two before the "collaborative efforts" is important here. I think this refers more to how that band has worked together (or NOT worked well together) in the past and not necessarily to any specific efforts. If they do this, everyone has got to be all in. Focused, committed. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, he produced a Metallica record that sounded bad. I don't like the 'loudness' approach and definitely wouldn't want my favourite band to work with him...

But he produced Black Sabbath's 13 as well which sounded ace and he did many more incredible sounding records in the past! 

That said... I don't think GNR would cede any creativ control. They didn't when they started their career and they'll not start doing it now.

How reliable is this page at all?

There's no doubt in my mind that they're referring to GNR. It's whether or not it ends up being true, or more importantly if it IS true if it actually comes into fruition. 

Do you guys think Rubin would be the "top five producer of all time?" That was my first inclination. 

If you're curious about the legitimacy of the blog you can read about it here... 

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5147165/The-gossip-site-exposed-Weinstein-Lauer-years-ago.html

Sorry but CDAN has already been proven to make things up somewhere in the site there's a fine print that kinda says some articles are not real. It's the same site where a couple of years ago they were pretending that Robert Downey Jr was giving some kind of Hollywood insider info with username hmmmm. And enty (?) the one who runs the site has been proven to not be a Hollywood lawyer but some guy living in Iowa or some place. They had a blind about axl too years ago where it says girlfriends or one night stands are made to sign an NDA because he beats them all up..... 

• Like 1

Rick Rubin ruins records. Just listen to the production on Death Magnetic and Californication.

People shit on Chinese Democracy but the best part of it was the production (specifically in regards to dynamic range and not awful loud compression).

• Like 3