Rumor of a new album???

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Rubin has some great stuff. Only really bad mixing was with the metallica lp death magnetic.

The albums with the chili peppers and johnny cash all sounded great.

Blood Sugar sounded great but that was before Rubin got into the loudness war.

Look up the "unmastered" version of Californication. Sounds much better than the final version imo. By the Way sounded really good though. Stadium Arcadium was a little much again but not as bad as Californication. 

31 minutes ago, Haggisfantastic said:

Duff is in LA and is missing the first two hometown shows with his band walking papers so this speaks volumes. He wouldn’t miss those if it wasn’t for something else bigger going on. 

Been having a hard time finding any videos or even a review for Walking Papers show the other night.  Don't suppose you've come across any?  Anyway, I agree with you.  Like Slash, Duff lives to play.  Even when he was utterly wasted during GNR days, he had other projects on the side.  He always kept busy during downtime.  

Some have argued he isn't touring WP because he's made so much money with GNR he doesn't need to, but even back in the days when he had shedloads of money coming in with GNR, he still involved himself in things on the side, so I don't think money is the reason he isn't playing with WP.  

And now that I've heard the album, it's even more puzzling that he isn't playing with them because it is SO damn good.  It's a really, really good album.  It showcases the best Duff has played since his GNR days without question.  That whole band is incredibly talented.  So all I can conclude is that something better has come along...and that has to be GNR.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Been having a hard time finding any videos or even a review for Walking Papers show the other night.  Don't suppose you've come across any?  Anyway, I agree with you.  Like Slash, Duff lives to play.  Even when he was utterly wasted during GNR days, he had other projects on the side.  He always kept busy during downtime.  

Some have argued he isn't touring WP because he's made so much money with GNR he doesn't need to, but even back in the days when he had shedloads of money coming in with GNR, he still involved himself in things on the side, so I don't think money is the reason he isn't playing with WP.  

And now that I've heard the album, it's even more puzzling that he isn't playing with them because it is SO damn good.  It's a really, really good album.  It showcases the best Duff has played since his GNR days without question.  That whole band is incredibly talented.  So all I can conclude is that something better has come along...and that has to be GNR.

For me this is the most telling thing of all....I hope can we hear some concrete soon (soon not Axl's meaning...)

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yes and the fact the first two shows are in Seattle makes me believe Gnr is the alternative. Seeing Duff with WP at the crocodile in Seattle would have been incredible though so a tad dissapointed. And yes can’t see any online videos of the show. There is some footage on instagram if you look for WP hashtags. Duff is 100% invested in his projects so to miss these shows definitely speaks volumes. I thought at first it was him attending NAMM to launch his new bass with fender but that hasn’t come to fruition. 

53 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

For me this is the most telling thing of all....I hope can we hear some concrete soon (soon not Axl's meaning...)

It sure is. Fingers crossed the magic of a new album is in progress :).

The article that started this thread sounds like it’s related to KISS

Edited by Haggisfantastic

2 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Has anyone posted about the new album rumour on Jarmo's board?

If so was it swiftly deleted?

I never see anything good on there anymore.  When I was in high school(2006-2010)htgth was the only GNR site I went to.. didn't really know about this one or others and I just stuck to it.  Back them there were always new topics in every thread.. but even with the new tour the place is a ghost town. I've been coming here ever since the troubadour show.. i saw GNR in 2006 and 2010 but i live in Canadian Maritimes and they didn't come east of Quebec after 2010 and nothing really new and exciting was happening so I kind of fell out of touch with the GNR world from 2012 until 2016.. I missed Going Down- which I recently discovered and love.. less exciting with Slash and Duff back, but exciting none the less.. those fucks at gunsnfnroses claiming to have heard Atlas lol just discovered their board last week-and all the other remixes.

Getting on topic, I've been following this discussion since the first post, and I'm also trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I also think this could be about GNR. Axl giving up control?  Highly improbable, but definitely not impossible. The Walking Papers business seems like a good sign as well. Only time will tell.. 

Isnt it obvious that the band they refer to on the first page is Smashing Pumpkins!?

They are in the studio right now with an a-list producer (Rubin) and is reformed with (almost) the original lineup.

That said, Guns could still be recording but I think maybe they stick to Caram and the well-known people who have been with Axl & co from the Chinese sessions

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, betterman said:

Isnt it obvious that the band they refer to on the first page is Smashing Pumpkins!?

They are in the studio right now with an a-list producer (Rubin) and is reformed with (almost) the original lineup.

That said, Guns could still be recording but I think maybe they stick to Caram and the well-known people who have been with Axl & co from the Chinese sessions

I don't follow Smashing Pumpkins. Does the rest of the article fit in too? The alimony and recent concerts? I've no idea about that.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I don't follow Smashing Pumpkins. Does the rest of the article fit in too? The alimony and recent concerts? I've no idea about that.

There was no touring as Smashing Pumpkins  recently afaik.

Edited by lilacmess

17 hours ago, vloors said:

Rubin has some great stuff. Only really bad mixing was with the metallica lp death magnetic.

The albums with the chili peppers and johnny cash all sounded great.

Californication was also ruined by it. Not to the extent that it ruined Death Magnetic but its still distorted at the top end.

• Like 1

Duff not doing WP and Slash not doing SMKC might tell a little something, but we cant really get our hopes up, maybe they are just under some contract that prevents 'em from doing serious music related business while NITL is still running, even if they're on vacation now.

At this point, as long as we get new music I dont really care for the producer lol We survived the CD mess after all.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, betterman said:

There has been no recent Pumpkins tour and no recent divorces with band members. Pumpkins also are not a “ permanent A list” band and haven’t received any recent concert money. Besides, Billy has been preoccupied with reforming the NWA (not the rap band). 

The article is referencing GnR. Again like I stated previously,  if it actually happens is another topic altogether. 

19 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, but he was a different person back then... he also kept busy basically not to fall too deep into his addictions. And of course he wasn't a family man and in his 50s yet back then. I can imagine him wanting to have some kind of normal life for a few months to spend it with friends and family before heading out again after already almost two years of being out on the road. But of course maybe you're right, just saying that him not touring with another band isn't necessarily a clue that he's busy with GnR at the moment.

Edited by EvanG