Rumor of a new album???

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Duff not doing WP and Slash not doing SMKC might tell a little something, but we cant really get our hopes up, maybe they are just under some contract that prevents 'em from doing serious music related business while NITL is still running, even if they're on vacation now.

At this point, as long as we get new music I dont really care for the producer lol We survived the CD mess after all.

According to both Todd and Meegan SMKC are in Slashs studio since December

I wonder if new music will be politically charged?  Remember, AFD was written in the most news worthy decade in history, the 80's.  With all that going on in the world today and Axl's recent tweets about politics etc, we could see some real interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Maybe Angus told Axl “you got something here, go do something with it.” In reference to Guns N’ Roses. 

I think thats very likely.

I can imagine him telling Axl not to waste any time because one day it'll be too late and he will regret it.

6 hours ago, lilacmess said:

There was no touring as Smashing Pumpkins  recently afaik.

They toured but they certainly weren't raking in the money like the article said. When they came here they played the same theater as Quiet Riot so there was no huge demand for Billy and whoever was in SP before their recent reunion. 

1 minute ago, Ralphelmo said:

I doubt it. Slash is addicted to Myles :) I'd rather believe in a Slash ft. Jimmy Vivino Blues Album than in SMKC without Myles. Too bad cause I want both :shrugs:

I want SMKC back too, i miss those guys :cry: I do think they could tour with Todd on vocals though, he's underrated as a vocalist (IMO) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I doubt it. Slash is addicted to Myles :) I'd rather believe in a Slash ft. Jimmy Vivino Blues Album than in SMKC without Myles. Too bad cause I want both :shrugs:

What if Myles isn't addicted to Slash anymore?  He seemed very distant about the whole thing during the Eddie interview. :shrugs:

Just now, janrichmond said:

I want SMKC back too, i miss those guys :cry: I do think they could tour with Todd on vocals though, he's underrated as a vocalist (IMO) 

yeah he is. actually I prefer todd's singing and stage presence than Myles.

By the way, I am no Myles fan at all but I saw they announced a myles solo concert in Vienna 1st April if anyone is interested. I' d go if it was todd ...or slash but myles solo... meh....

40 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What if Myles isn't addicted to Slash anymore?  He seemed very distant about the whole thing during the Eddie interview. :shrugs:

I think that was because he was trying to promote his solo album. The bromance is still strong :lol:

3 hours ago, ace said:

I wonder if new music will be politically charged?  Remember, AFD was written in the most news worthy decade in history, the 80's.  With all that going on in the world today and Axl's recent tweets about politics etc, we could see some real interesting stuff.

Civil War is great, so no objection if they can create something as good.

1 hour ago, shocker said:

If Guns`n`Roses release a new album, let`s say summertime, it would be a good idea to title the album "Not In This Lifetime" and then continue this tour with another trip to North America and maybe some extra dates in Europe.

Name it S.A.D. (Slash, Axl, Duff) 

or MAGA (if it’s political haha) 

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I think that was because he was trying to promote his solo album. The bromance is still strong :lol:

Aw, hope so for the fans' sake.  Well, if it's any consolation I now 'get' the pain of being a fan of one the side projects...I'm disappointed Duff isn't doing anything with WP (and probably won't again after this) since I love the new album so much.  They were a great band with Duff.  Doh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Aw, hope so for the fans' sake.  Well, if it's any consolation I now 'get' the pain of being a fan of one the side projects...I'm disappointed Duff isn't doing anything with WP (and probably won't again after this) since I love the new album so much.  They were a great band with Duff.  Doh.

That's quite a good problem to have, what you got there, too much GNR going on!

With Axls timely fashion of delivering new music (even back then with the constant postponing of UYI) I seriously doubt the guys won't have any time to do some side projects between GNR releases:lol:

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Absolutely agree, he didn't say "no" at all, basically "We'll see what happens", either to not steer attention away from the reason he was even there for the interview (promo for solo album) or because even at the time of the interview it was up in the air for Slash whether something happens with new GNR music or not. Which would explain this new rumour sort of, as the deal with the producer seems to have been made this month and not early December when the Myles interview was made.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

i'm sceptical, but hopeful. it was dish nation who broke the days away news after all. i just feel like there's too much whispering for it to be silent, just like with the reunion rumors that started in 2015, dismissed at first, but then started building up and up gradually. 

gnr would be stupid not to do at least one song on top of this multi million tour. this just feels like late 2015 all over again. i think we might actually have new music(!!!) by the end of the decade :lol:

if only i could like a normal band..

do it metallica style, release a single right before the tour and then play it live, with an album release slated for 2019 so you can keep milking the cash for another year.

just imagine waking up to the news of a new guns song being dropped, the forum would crash like the old days :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shocker said:

If Guns`n`Roses release a new album, let`s say summertime, it would be a good idea to title the album "Not In This Lifetime" and then continue this tour with another trip to North America and maybe some extra dates in Europe.

That's fine with me, as long as they kick Bono off that No.1 spot for most successful tour.

Edited by TheGeneral
  • Like 2

On 30/01/2018 at 6:33 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Blood Sugar sounded great but that was before Rubin got into the loudness war.

Look up the "unmastered" version of Californication. Sounds much better than the final version imo. By the Way sounded really good though. Stadium Arcadium was a little much again but not as bad as Californication. 

Thanks i will check out the unmastered version and compare.

Still was a great record in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, vloors said:

Thanks i will check out the unmastered version and compare.

Still was a great record in my opinion. 

Yeah it's my second-fav Chili Peppers record (behind Blood Sugar). The writing is very, very strong. Even the b-sides are good like Quixoticelixer, Fat Dance, How Strong, Gong Li, and Overfunk.