Rumor of a new album???

15 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Slash will never replace Myles

I hope he does. I think Slash wasted a lot of good songs with a guy that has no personality at all. No guts, just a good samaritan who isnt black or white. Even Eric Dover that was a nobody had way more feeling than him, not to mention Scott, I hated his voice but at least the guy had some attitude.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

I hope he does. I think Slash wasted a lot of good songs with a guy that has no personality at all. No guts, just a good samaritan who isnt black or white. Even Eric Dover that was a nobody had way more feeling than him, not to mention Scott, I hated his voice but at least the guy had some attitude.

What do you mean when you say Myles has no personality? Are you talkin' about his voice, melodies, lyrics or...?

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

Voice, melodies, lyrics, stage presence. The guy is a nothing, he is just there doing his little job.

I dont know about the other bands he is in, but with Slash...? Bland as fuck.

Well... You have every right to think so, even though it sounds a bit harsh. I don't understand how anyone can consider Myles being nothing. I heard all the albums, I saw them two or three times live and even though I prefer let's say Jeff Angell from Walking Papers or Steve Jones from Neurotic Outsiders, let alone Izz, I must say Myles is an amazing singer. I don't prefer the tone/color of his voice, but "nothinh" and "little job"? I don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rayno said:

"nothinh" and "little job"? I don't understand.

Apparently Slash, Page and Tremonti were deaf. His 4 octave tenor voice must've damaged their ears. Anyway, how could they want to work with him even though he's a much more educated guitarist than all of them? :shrugs:

No ego issues? WHAT THE HELL!@!@!11 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It's a serious statement considering you don't know any of his works, probably besides 2 or 3 Slash's songs. I'll leave you here, bye.

Oh yeah, because I dont like his cute little voice and lack of attitude I dont know Slashs career, yeah... keep telling yourself that. 

FYI, went to two gigs and own both records. Listen to it frequently and would love to have instrumental versions of both. Kitty kitty makes good songs sound like baby lullabies.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

On 1.2.2018 at 3:14 PM, Rayno said:

"most of the people that dislike current Slash solo material do so because the vocals sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog."

Well, you have no data to prove this.

I am a proof. GNR is my fav band. I went to see SMKC to see Slash and how someone else sings guns n roses songs. I find Myles boring as f*** . he has zero charisma. one doesn t care if he is on stage or not. his voice? dont like it either. but when todd kerns came and sung WTTJ I was blown away. the guy is cool , had a rocker voice and stage presence. Myles is one of the most boring frontmen for me. 

Axl is wild and he can still kick ass vocally and maybe also physically. he has an aura. just his looks and when he wants to be brilliant like with AC/DC I could just stare at him and admire him because he wins the audience. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Hey guys, check the post that I did on Axl/DC's section. Apparently, someone linked to ACDC said that Axl will be recording an album and touring. Can't post it here since it's not GN'R ;)

It was a no-brainer, in my opinion. Why wouldn't Axl want to cement his legacy by recording with AC/DC and essentially becoming the lead singer of two of rock's greatest bands? Anyone would do it. I just hope it does not interfere with efforts surrounding Guns.

25 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It was a no-brainer, in my opinion. Why wouldn't Axl want to cement his legacy by recording with AC/DC and essentially becoming the lead singer of two of rock's greatest bands? Anyone would do it. I just hope it does not interfere with efforts surrounding Guns.

lol if it happens axl always flukes out & pulls something out of his hat 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

5 hours ago, Natty said:

I am a proof. GNR is my fav band. I went to see SMKC to see Slash and how someone else sings guns n roses songs. I find Myles boring as f*** . he has zero charisma. one doesn t care if he is on stage or not. his voice? dont like it either. but when todd kerns came and sung WTTJ I was blown away. the guy is cool , had a rocker voice and stage presence. Myles is one of the most boring frontmen for me. 

Axl is wild and he can still kick ass vocally and maybe also physically. he has an aura. just his looks and when he wants to be brilliant like with AC/DC I could just stare at him and admire him because he wins the audience. 

So you = most of people?

On 1/31/2018 at 7:02 AM, Ralphelmo said:

even though he's a much more educated guitarist than all of them? 

His guitar skills are pretty underrated. The solo Myles and Tremonti performed on 'Blackbird' is widely considered primo work. One guitar magazine listed it #1 solo of all time. I don't agree with that, but it is damn good.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 3:45 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I do prefer rods voice because i like the low voice singing that works on snakepit version 2 band especially the song meanbone. When myles does it its to high but i respect myles all the same.

I'm a fan of both Rod Jackson and Myles Kennedy. Loved what they contributed on those albums and enjoyed seeing them perform live.

I get that many GN'R fans may not like either or both. Because they are vastly different from AXL. WAR is my favorite vocalist of all time. But I still dig what those two singers bring on their own. Sounds like I'm in the minority. No biggie. To each their own, right?

• Like 3