Jump to content
ramsey

Rumor of a new album???

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Alter Bridge just confirmed a new release in 2019. If it is SMKC, they have to do this before fall and tour it till next year's spring.

What if there's no MK? Maybe it's just gonna be Slash & The Conspirators...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it. Slash is addicted to Myles :) I'd rather believe in a Slash ft. Jimmy Vivino Blues Album than in SMKC without Myles. Too bad cause I want both :shrugs:

Edited by Ralphelmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ralphelmo said:

I doubt it. Slash is addicted to Myles :) I'd rather believe in a Slash ft. Jimmy Vivino Blues Album than in SMKC without Myles. Too bad cause I want both :shrugs:

I want SMKC back too, i miss those guys :cry: I do think they could tour with Todd on vocals though, he's underrated as a vocalist (IMO) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I doubt it. Slash is addicted to Myles :) I'd rather believe in a Slash ft. Jimmy Vivino Blues Album than in SMKC without Myles. Too bad cause I want both :shrugs:

What if Myles isn't addicted to Slash anymore?  He seemed very distant about the whole thing during the Eddie interview. :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janrichmond said:

I want SMKC back too, i miss those guys :cry: I do think they could tour with Todd on vocals though, he's underrated as a vocalist (IMO) 

yeah he is. actually I prefer todd's singing and stage presence than Myles.

By the way, I am no Myles fan at all but I saw they announced a myles solo concert in Vienna 1st April if anyone is interested. I' d go if it was todd ...or slash but myles solo... meh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What if Myles isn't addicted to Slash anymore?  He seemed very distant about the whole thing during the Eddie interview. :shrugs:

I think that was because he was trying to promote his solo album. The bromance is still strong :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ace said:

I wonder if new music will be politically charged?  Remember, AFD was written in the most news worthy decade in history, the 80's.  With all that going on in the world today and Axl's recent tweets about politics etc, we could see some real interesting stuff.

Civil War is great, so no objection if they can create something as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shocker said:

If Guns`n`Roses release a new album, let`s say summertime, it would be a good idea to title the album "Not In This Lifetime" and then continue this tour with another trip to North America and maybe some extra dates in Europe.

 

Name it S.A.D. (Slash, Axl, Duff) 

or MAGA (if it’s political haha) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

What if there's no MK? Maybe it's just gonna be Slash & The Conspirators...

Slash will never replace Myles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I think that was because he was trying to promote his solo album. The bromance is still strong :lol:

Aw, hope so for the fans' sake.  Well, if it's any consolation I now 'get' the pain of being a fan of one the side projects...I'm disappointed Duff isn't doing anything with WP (and probably won't again after this) since I love the new album so much.  They were a great band with Duff.  Doh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Aw, hope so for the fans' sake.  Well, if it's any consolation I now 'get' the pain of being a fan of one the side projects...I'm disappointed Duff isn't doing anything with WP (and probably won't again after this) since I love the new album so much.  They were a great band with Duff.  Doh.

That's quite a good problem to have, what you got there, too much GNR going on!

With Axls timely fashion of delivering new music (even back then with the constant postponing of UYI) I seriously doubt the guys won't have any time to do some side projects between GNR releases:lol:

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I think that was because he was trying to promote his solo album. The bromance is still strong :lol:

Absolutely agree, he didn't say "no" at all, basically "We'll see what happens", either to not steer attention away from the reason he was even there for the interview (promo for solo album) or because even at the time of the interview it was up in the air for Slash whether something happens with new GNR music or not. Which would explain this new rumour sort of, as the deal with the producer seems to have been made this month and not early December when the Myles interview was made.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm sceptical, but hopeful. it was dish nation who broke the days away news after all. i just feel like there's too much whispering for it to be silent, just like with the reunion rumors that started in 2015, dismissed at first, but then started building up and up gradually. 

gnr would be stupid not to do at least one song on top of this multi million tour. this just feels like late 2015 all over again. i think we might actually have new music(!!!) by the end of the decade :lol:

if only i could like a normal band..

do it metallica style, release a single right before the tour and then play it live, with an album release slated for 2019 so you can keep milking the cash for another year.

just imagine waking up to the news of a new guns song being dropped, the forum would crash like the old days :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shocker said:

If Guns`n`Roses release a new album, let`s say summertime, it would be a good idea to title the album "Not In This Lifetime" and then continue this tour with another trip to North America and maybe some extra dates in Europe.

 

That's fine with me, as long as they kick Bono off that No.1 spot for most successful tour.

Edited by TheGeneral
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2018 at 6:33 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Blood Sugar sounded great but that was before Rubin got into the loudness war.

Look up the "unmastered" version of Californication. Sounds much better than the final version imo. By the Way sounded really good though. Stadium Arcadium was a little much again but not as bad as Californication. 

Thanks i will check out the unmastered version and compare.

Still was a great record in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vloors said:

Thanks i will check out the unmastered version and compare.

Still was a great record in my opinion. 

Yeah it's my second-fav Chili Peppers record (behind Blood Sugar). The writing is very, very strong. Even the b-sides are good like Quixoticelixer, Fat Dance, How Strong, Gong Li, and Overfunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its gonna be a bitch if we get axl slash and duff on the same record again and izzy isnt there to orchestrate most of the tracks... i mean ill take it but its gonna leave a lot of people wondering "what if"

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caram will mix it for sure or atleast most of it. He likes doing studio work the best and only just started doing live sound from  2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Slash will never replace Myles

I hope he does. I think Slash wasted a lot of good songs with a guy that has no personality at all. No guts, just a good samaritan who isnt black or white. Even Eric Dover that was a nobody had way more feeling than him, not to mention Scott, I hated his voice but at least the guy had some attitude.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, default_ said:

I hope he does. I think Slash wasted a lot of good songs with a guy that has no personality at all. No guts, just a good samaritan who isnt black or white. Even Eric Dover that was a nobody had way more feeling than him, not to mention Scott, I hated his voice but at least the guy had some attitude.

What do you mean when you say Myles has no personality? Are you talkin' about his voice, melodies, lyrics or...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, default_ said:

Voice, melodies, lyrics, stage presence. The guy is a nothing, he is just there doing his little job.

I dont know about the other bands he is in, but with Slash...? Bland as fuck.

Well... You have every right to think so, even though it sounds a bit harsh. I don't understand how anyone can consider Myles being nothing. I heard all the albums, I saw them two or three times live and even though I prefer let's say Jeff Angell from Walking Papers or Steve Jones from Neurotic Outsiders, let alone Izz, I must say Myles is an amazing singer. I don't prefer the tone/color of his voice, but "nothinh" and "little job"? I don't understand.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rayno said:

 "nothinh" and "little job"? I don't understand.

Apparently Slash, Page and Tremonti were deaf. His 4 octave tenor voice must've damaged their ears. Anyway, how could they want to work with him even though he's a much more educated guitarist than all of them? :shrugs:

No ego issues? WHAT THE HELL!@!@!11 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

sound like a whiny screaming kitty running away from a big bad dog 


 

Works good to desribe Axl nowadays.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×