Rumor of a new album???

SP wouldn't make sense because they haven't toured together since the late 90s and the ''most of the original line up'' comment doesn't make sense either because Corgan has stated several times that he is only interested in continuing under the SP name if it's with all the original members.

So let's say this rumour is true, and that Guns has just accepted the proposal to record a new album. How long on average do you guys think we will have to wait before a single release or the album release? I know it's almost unquantifiable, but what's the average in the industry under famous producers like Rubin?

8 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

To me, this is the key part of the rumor: 

"Apparently all that recent concert money they've recently earned has reminded them they were once that good."

What money has Kiss recently made from touring, that they haven't over the last 20 years?  Metallica had a good tour, but when have they had to remind themselves that they were "once that good"?  They're tours have been steady throughout the years.  The Smashing Pumpkins? Again; what recent $$? And BC  is WAY more of a control freak than Axl (OK, maybe not way more, but...)
i think this is definitely about GN'R; doesn't mean it's true, but I think this is what the author was pointing to....

Spot on👍

7 hours ago, Gackt said:

I like Crue, but I'd never honestly describe them as "A list" in terms of legendary rock outfits..

Definitely throwing all my chips into Led Zeppelin if this turns out to be more than a rumor, it's the band's 50th anniversary this year

Yes,agreed,Crue in my opinion not "A list".

Ceding power to a producer makes total sense, in my opinion. Sure, Axl isn't one to do such a thing, but we must consider the circumstances. Guns N' Roses is now a business partnership consisting of Axl's management (Team Brazil), Slash's management and Duff's management. Having an arbiter who is not an immediate member of the band or its management renders work and negotiations simpler. It lessens the headache for all involved.

• Like 1

Everything points to Guns on this, they're the only band that are partially reunited with original members as Smashing Pumpkings will reunite with all o' them, and even if it they were partially reuniting, they havent toured and even if they did, they wouldnt make all this money the article talks about.

KISS hasnt toured recently either and even if they had, they also dont make THAT kind of money.

About giving creative control to a producer, makes sense to have someone in control after everything that happened 20 years ago and even CD, that took almost 20 years to be completed.
Its not like the band wouldnt writte, but the producer could work as some kind of filter.

But overall, we've all learned we cant expect anything to happen.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Is this source reliable????

Please tell me it is...

CDAN  doesn't have a perfect track record. They have been known to make up blinds. However, they are usually sensational blinds in content to drive viewership and clicks.

I see this having some truth as the source as the hints all seem to make sense given what has happened.

The source isn't just one person, but multiple people posting under one tag, hence the multiple "m"s in the name. So this specific individual has ties to the music industry.

If we are to believe the blind to be true - it looks like it's S/D/A and the backing band will be recording - no AFD5 reunion.

I can see a new single maybe together with a new GH this year, and the tour Blu-Ray/Dvd later. New album in 2019 cause they arent crazy enough to continue touring without a real break, or are they this crazy and will go after that top 1 tour off all time? :wow:

Edited by Rickodez

I like the idea of Rick Rubin working with GnR...

He's done great work with big bands like Sabbath, The Cult, Slayer, RHCP, Danzig...

I think he could make this guys sound like they should. 

If I were to choose, I'd go for Bob Rock (Metallica's Black Album is enough proof of what he is capable with a talented band)

This is a weird one. The touring bit sounds 100% like the NITL tour, but things like "something they said theyd never do" is strange. Yes axl said not in this lifetime i suppose but when talking directly about a guns album i dont recall him saying he wouldnt. This thing seems to hinge on what the writer classes nugnr as. nugnr could be excluded from the" never doing a new album" as Axl did say he wanted to follow up CD pre reunion, but the writer is then using nugnr as the example for collaborative efforts you would think? Hard one to judge. 

Axl giving control to the producer just doesn't make sense to me... I can't imagine Slash and Duff doing that either, but especially Axl. This is a notorious control freak who has worked many years on one album.... it doesn't add up. Mike Clink was a good producer for them because he always gave in. Of course maybe this 'gossip' is completely made up and doesn't apply to any band.

Edited by EvanG