Rumor of a new album???

13 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

How bout let's keep this thread about the new album rumor.
Here's the band:
Axl Rose
Slash
Richard Fortus

Duff "Rose" MfuckingcKagan
Dizzy "If I fall down, I'm alright" Reed
Hate to say this but it's probably for the good: Frank Ferrer
and Melissa Reese

BRAIN might be involved in studio too...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Well, I think back when the whole reunion started one of the Conspirator guys already said an SKMC album was done except for Slash' parts. So I guess they wouldnt need the whole band to complete the album, just Slash. And Myles' agenda isnt that packed that he cant make a few days of studiotime to dot the I's and cross the T's if necessary.

Nah, they had song ideas but hadnt recorded anything yet, it was suposed to happen by the time the reunion started.

Hope we'll get to know more about this at the next Appetite For Distortion as Todd is the  guest.

1 minute ago, krazejeff said:

On radio today it was stated axl was in studio with ACDC. 

I'm not sure what to think but when they said he was in studio with..... ACDC I felt like guy on radio kicked me in the nuts 

What station was it? And was it someone who works closely with AC/DC or was it just the DJ speculating with the rest of us?

18 minutes ago, krazejeff said:

I'm not sure what to think but when they said he was in studio with..... ACDC I felt like guy on radio kicked me in the nuts 

Could be that the rumor about Axl and AC/DC has morphing into Axl is in the studio with AC/DC right now?

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Whether they want to tour with him or not, if they want a genuine and great sounding Gn'R record they should get Steven to record in the studio.  If it all goes well, then maybe they could reconsider doing some shows with him too.

I can't imagine they want to work with him again. Has any of them since Civil War?

Steven is trying to get booked celebrating the 30th (!) anniversary of AFD, playing AFD, Civil War and KOHD, promoting himself as having 100 million albums sold and being a reality tv star. He's still saying they fired him because they weren't patient enough with him. He's writing another book. I think Steven's time with GNR is truly up. He had his chance but for whatever reasons (treading on egg shells here), it didn't work out. I can't see it happening again, at least not in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, krazejeff said:

Axl’s still on break. However, it was a radio guy who broke the news of Axl joining ACDC in 2016 

30 minutes ago, shocker said:

It`s been on the radio that Axl is in studio?

We need more information about this ASAP!

I think what happened is a radio relayed the rumor from that ACDC author that says ACDC will continue with Axl as lead vocalist. A few sources have picked up that story so it wouldn’t be surprising if this is the source. 

I was referencing the 2016 incident where that radio host ran into Axl on the streets in Atlanta and got a picture with him after we hadn’t seen him in a couple years. Turns out that radio host knows some people and was able to make the connection that ACDC was auditioning a new singer in ATL at the same time Axl was there. Next TMZ post outside of a rehearsal space and gets pictures of Axl, Angus, and Cliff all leaving at separate times from the same building. Thus confirming a strange run in by a radio host. 

So while it could be possible someone has some inside knowledge...I’d be on the side of nothing happening at the moment. But sometimes when rumors start and the right people are looking for the right things then stories get broke so we’ll see 

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Oh please no.

I love Steven, but I don’t love the idea of GNR getting back to their roots, the whole idea seems so fucking cheesy and derivative. Axl, Slash and Duff are not the same people they were 30-25 years ago. Frank, Dizzy, Fortus and Melissa are in the band now. I find it more exciting to find out what they can create as a colaborative effort instead of them going back trying to recreate something that worked 30 years ago and would only get dads excited nowadays.

Moving forward is the key, not backwards.

I'm fine with them moving on and I'm ok with Melissa and Richard but oh my gosh they should fire Frank. The guy is even more robotic than Matt, he's terrible. I cant really see a rock n roll album with Frank behind th kit, it wouldnt feel cool, it wouldnt had energy, mojo or swag, no rock n roll at all.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, default_ said:

I'm fine with them moving on and I'm ok with Melissa and Richard but oh my gosh they should fire Frank. The guy is even more robotic than Matt, he's terrible. I cant really see a rock n roll album with Frank behind th kit, it wouldnt feel cool, it wouldnt had energy, mojo or swag, no rock n roll at all.

I will never be ok with melissa in the band. in my opinion this is the biggest mistake ever made in GNR.

Frank? Oh no ... there must be some strange reason for him to be in the group. Only the red panda could say which.

talking about this unlikely new album ...
there's no point in speculating about ... In the end, if Axl wants to insert "exotic" tracks like If The World (which I like but has nothing to do with GNR sonority), Slash and Duff will obey promptly, the other members as well.

We'll see if these guys will still be able to create epic tracks. Time will tell.

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

You must not be aware of some of the other mistakes this band has made

yes I am. I accompany the band from the beginning and I have already seen them live with 3 different incarnations ... 1992 (Rio), 2001 (Rio), 2010 (Brasilia).
but speaking of members who have already been in the band and who are ... that's what I think. This person should not be inside, much less GNR needs two keyboardists.

31 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Maybe it won’t be a rock & roll album?

I don’t know, I don’t really get Frank’s style because he has been playing Steve’s and Matt’s style for so long. Both are very different, Steve is all about groove and Matt is more of an “attack” drummer. I’d like to listen to Frank playing songs with his own original drumming, and check that out.

Yeah... Chinese is such a mess that I think it would be impossible to retain any personal feeling, maybe with something striped down Frank could show we're all wrong. Bur right now, with CD and the gigs... Frank is my last choice.

28 minutes ago, auad said:

I will never be ok with melissa in the band. in my opinion this is the biggest mistake ever made in GNR.

I understand the need of Melissa. I rather have her than a big band like UYI. I like the idea of a big band but Melissa is all of that in just one person.

5 minutes ago, auad said:

yes I am. I accompany the band from the beginning and I have already seen them live with 3 different incarnations ... 1992 (Rio), 2001 (Rio), 2010 (Brasilia).
but speaking of members who have already been in the band and who are ... that's what I think. This person should not be inside, much less GNR needs two keyboardists.

Oh, so you're from the monkey island he? São Paulo here. 

1 minute ago, default_ said:

Yeah... Chinese is such a mess that I think it would be impossible to retain any personal feeling, maybe with something striped down Frank could show we're all wrong. Bur right now, with CD and the gigs... Frank is my last choice.

I understand the need of Melissa. I rather have her than a big band like UYI. I like the idea of a big band but Melissa is all of that in just one person.

I understand and respect your point of view.
The same was true with five guys playing rock n roll. yes, those same five guys could have evolved together until they came to "estranged" and "november rain". the circus that was the stage in UYI tours was disproportionate and unnecessary ...
but this person, Melissa ... never mind ...

5 hours ago, shocker said:

It`s been on the radio that Axl is in studio?

We need more information about this ASAP!

I work in radio. We don’t know anything that you guys don’t. It was probably some jock trying to sound cool by making it sound like he has some hot news that no one else does.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lio said:

I can't imagine they want to work with him again. Has any of them since Civil War?

Steven is trying to get booked celebrating the 30th (!) anniversary of AFD, playing AFD, Civil War and KOHD, promoting himself as having 100 million albums sold and being a reality tv star. He's still saying they fired him because they weren't patient enough with him. He's writing another book. I think Steven's time with GNR is truly up. He had his chance but for whatever reasons (treading on egg shells here), it didn't work out. I can't see it happening again, at least not in the near future.

Slash played on his solo album and he played on Slash's... 

He has also played live with all of them many times since then...

You also left out his contributions to LIES

I don't see it happening either but I still think they would end up with the best sounding product.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tremolo said:

Oh please no.

I love Steven, but I don’t love the idea of GNR getting back to their roots, the whole idea seems so fucking cheesy and derivative. Axl, Slash and Duff are not the same people they were 30-25 years ago. Frank, Dizzy, Fortus and Melissa are in the band now. I find it more exciting to find out what they can create as a colaborative effort instead of them going back trying to recreate something that worked 30 years ago and would only get dads excited nowadays.

Moving forward is the key, not backwards.

Going back towards what worked 30 years ago is what put the band back on the map and is what is selling out stadiums across the world. It got a lot more than "Dads" excited. They also tried something new with some of those guys and no one cared.  Drummers shouldn't be such a big deal either. If Frank didn't suck, I'd be fine with him in the band but.....

3 hours ago, auad said:

I don't know about the biggest mistake but she is terrible.. I cringe every time I see her on stage or with the band.

Edited by Tom-Ass

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash played on his solo album and he played on Slash's... 

He has also played live with all of them many times since then...

You also left out his contributions to LIES

I don't see it happening either but I still think they would end up with the best sounding product.

Thanks, I didn't know about the collaborations.

I only left LIES out because he did :lol: Well, I was just repeating what he advertised, or his booking agent or whatever advertised.

• Like 1