Rumor of a new album???

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It took Rose about ten years to make Chinese Democracy, and even then he wanted to delay the thing further as he ''didn't like the artwork''. Not In This Lifetime tour - N.b., the tour's name - commences 3rd June 2018. Are we expected to believe they will have produced an album in about six months time? 

Maybe 4 new studio tracks and 4 NITL tracks?  Keeping with tradition.  Even just 4 tracks would send all us to the record store and the rest of the world just downloads the single.

And if we put stock in this rumour we may as well believe the previous one that Slash tracked some solos to CDII stuff before the tour.  Could be one or two songs in the 6 months break with the rest already in the mix stage?

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It took Rose about ten years to make Chinese Democracy, and even then he wanted to delay the thing further as he ''didn't like the artwork''. It took Rose about twenty months to finish IllusionNot In This Lifetime tour - N.b., the tour's name - commences 3rd June 2018. Are we expected to believe they will have produced an album in about six months time? 

Maybe his buddy Angus gave him some tips on how to finish an album in six months!

I can't imagine Axl especially would hand over so much control to an outside producer as described on that blind item

Plus regarding the rumors on that website, do they even have a good track record in terms of percentage of rumors that turn out to be true?

In case anyone is interested here's the disclaimer of CDAN: 

"CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS IS A GOSSIP SITE. THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES; THE BLOG'S PROPRIETOR DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE'S CONTENT. "

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/?m=0

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, annabanana said:

In case anyone is interested here's the disclaimer of CDAN: 

"CRAZY DAYS AND NIGHTS IS A GOSSIP SITE. THE SITE PUBLISHES RUMORS, CONJECTURE, AND FICTION. IN ADDITION TO ACCURATELY REPORTED INFORMATION, CERTAIN SITUATIONS, CHARACTERS AND EVENTS PORTRAYED IN THE BLOG ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ERRORS OR INACCURACIES; THE BLOG'S PROPRIETOR DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE CORRECTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE'S CONTENT. "

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/?m=0

Sounds like a trustworthy source. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hell, they even play Chinese Democracy songs once in awhile.. Actually wait. They never play Chinese Democracy...

The 1st time I heard Better on the radio was on AAF!  If I remember correctly, the song ended and all you heard was the DJ snoring 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fleetwood Mac fits,

- Have ''(most of) the original lineup'' (three members), and Christine McVie rejoined recently from their most successful aor line-up.

- ''Something they said they'd never, ever do''? They haven't released an album since 2003, and Stevie Nicks was dismissing the idea of a new album in 2016: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7502871/stevie-nicks-24-karat-gold-tour-interview-fleetwood-mac

- ''Alimony''http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3352818/Fleetwood-Mac-drummer-Mick-set-way-divorce-wife-Lynn-Frankel-finalised.html

- ''Recent concert money''? They played two big concerts in July 2017 at Dodger Stadium and Citi Field.

- ''half-hearted collaborative efforts''? Released June 2017,

Buckingham_McVie.jpg

It is Fleetwood Mac. I'm convinced. 

It's not Fleetwood Mac. This album was supposed to be the new Fleetwood Mac album. Everyone agreed to it except Stevie Nicks. She was interviewed and stated that there was no money in making albums. Rumor has it that the real reason was due to not wanting to be in the same room as Buckingham. Additionally, she likes to record her own music since it gives her control and not have input from other band members.  McVie and Buckingham decided to use the material and have others members of Fleetwood Mac join as guests.

I think all clues are pointing to GNR. 

Edited by Draguns
more text

I'm not going to sit here and say without a doubt that it's Gnr. Having said that, I pretty much guarantee it's not Fleetwood Mac or ANY other band mentioned in this thread. 

Smashing Pumpkins makes some sense, but honestly I don't think the general public views them as an A List band. None of the "90s" bands outside of Nirvana would I consider to be an A List band. They were great for their time, but I don't feel they ever crossed over to a Zeppelin, Beatles, or even gnr type level. At least NOT globally. 

Oasis would be HUGE for you folks in Europe, but to most Americans they really are a two song band (hate me if you will for that comment, but it's true.) I know a fellow American will read this and say "I love this album and that album", but that's because you are the minority, not the majority. Champaign Supernova and Wonderwall were the only 2 songs that got a lot of radio play over here. I'm not knocking the band, just sharing my observations.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

It's not Fleetwood Mac. This album was supposed to be the new Fleetwood Mac album. Everyone agreed to it except Stevie Nicks. She was interviewed and stated that there was no money in making albums. Rumor has it that the real reason was due to not wanting to be in the same room as Buckingham. Additionally, she likes to record her own music since it gives her control and not have input from other band members.  McVie and Buckingham decided to use the material and have others members of Fleetwood Mac join as guests.

None of this inherently contradicts ''no more half-hearted collaborative efforts for that band'' - quite the reverse in fact.

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Aerosmith has all five original members currently in the band and has since 1987 I believe. They don’t fit the clues at all.

Yes, that is why I have them in third place. 

I don't consider this website reliable at all. From other posts I read it looks trashy and clickbait-y.

I also don't think that Mitch Lafon has good sources related to the band (wasn't he the one who had said that Axl was going to join Slash and Duff on stage in Argentina in 2015?)

Assuming, just for the fun of it, that the post in the website is not made up and it's based on real sources:

- The hints in the post point out to it being about GnR. Good cases have been made about Fleetwood Mac and The Smashing Pumpkins, but there are details that don't fit. For example, as far as Fleetwood Mac goes, they released four new songs in 2013; moreover there is a problem with the term "original lineup". Also the conditions of the producer imply that the band in question has a past record of volatility in the studio (screwing up and departing).

- About the producer: it's very unlike GnR, Axl especially, to let someone else have control. Given, however, the band's history, an attempt to make an album could be a big risk and cause what they have accomplished so far (a good business collaboration and a mended up relationship that led to a very successful tour) to implode. They certainly don't want that to happen. So, if they want to make an album, ceding control to the producer could be, like others have said, a solution.

The producer would be someone whose work they like and I don't think that would be Rick Rubin. Iirc Axl has expressed his dislike for compression and there is the story with Velvet Revolver. Matt Lunge and Brendan O' Brien would be more likely (although I don't know if the latter can be considered top five). It also doesn't have to be a mostly rock/hard rock producer. Bill Laswell, for example, has done a lot of experimental stuff (Buckethead among others) but has also worked with Iggy Pop, The Ramones and Motorhead, and is someone that Axl would probably dig (I think at some point he had considered him for CD?).

Edited by Blackstar
typos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

None of this inherently contradicts ''no more half-hearted collaborative efforts for that band'' - quite the reverse in fact.

Well hell, if you’re gonna throw out bands that don’t fit the clues whatsoever, you might as well go ahead and say Georgia Satellites! I know you want to. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm not going to sit here and say without a doubt that it's Gnr. Having said that, I pretty much guarantee it's not Fleetwood Mac or ANY other band mentioned in this thread

Smashing Pumpkins makes some sense, but honestly I don't think the general public views them as an A List band. None of the "90s" bands outside of Nirvana would I consider to be an A List band. They were great for their time, but I don't feel they ever crossed over to a Zeppelin, Beatles, or even gnr type level. At least NOT globally. 

Oasis would be HUGE for you folks in Europe, but to most Americans they really are a two song band (hate me if you will for that comment, but it's true.) I know a fellow American will read this and say "I love this album and that album", but that's because you are the minority, not the majority. Champaign Supernova and Wonderwall were the only 2 songs that got a lot of radio play over here. I'm not knocking the band, just sharing my observations.

We have mentioned virtually every ''A list rock group'' to have ever existed haha. We have even mentioned Abba!!

Got to be Fleetwood or Pumpkins really whichever way you look at it, unless part of the rumour is false then you might include bands like Sabbath, Kiss or Aerosmith.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They didn't consider it a half-hearted attempt.  They actually went on tour to support the album.

I think you are hoping for something that isn't there. 

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well hell, if you’re gonna throw out bands that don’t fit the clues whatsoever, you might as well go ahead and say Georgia Satellites! I know you want to. :lol:

I was labouring under the idea that maybe part of the rumour is false or exaggerated as it leaves us with literally two bands.

Just now, Draguns said:

They didn't consider it a half-hearted attempt.  They actually went on tour to support the album.

I think you are hoping for something that isn't there. 

I'm not hoping for anything. I do not like that era of Fleetwood Mac. I only like the Peter Green era. I'm merely removing the bands which do not fit, and leaving the only ones which do.

Smashing Pumpkins havent made any big money recently.  Iha and D'arcy always ceded control anyways. And the pressures the stipulations bring on the members seems unnecessarily harsh to the SP dynamics. It just doesnt sit right to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was labouring under the idea that maybe part of the rumour is false or exaggerated as it leaves us with literally two bands.

I'm not hoping for anything. I do not like that era of Fleetwood Mac. I only like the Peter Green era. I'm merely removing the bands which do not fit, and leaving the only ones which do.

Gotcha. I actually prefer the Nicks/Buckinham era of Fleetwood Mac.  With that being said, Nicks has gone on record saying no new album. Also, you have Mick Fleetwood hoping, but  being realistic about the prospects in the Rolling Stones article that I posted. 

4 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

You’re a fool if you believe this to be any other band. It’s so obvious about Guns. Stop speculating. Only speculation is if it’s true or not. Time will tell. 

This. It's clearly meant to be about GN'R.... and most likely total bullshit.

• Like 1