Rumor of a new album???

7 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Gotcha. I actually prefer the Nicks/Buckinham era of Fleetwood Mac.  With that being said, Nicks has gone on record saying no new album. Also, you have Mick Fleetwood hoping, but  being realistic about the prospects in the Rolling Stones article that I posted. 

''Agreed to do something they said they'd never''.

Also, say its true and about Guns; who are legal "members" of GNR?  Why would a top producer care if frank left the sessions, for instance?  4 better drummers are waiting for the call.  "Members" may refer only to the Partnership Three.

1 hour ago, Bluefish18 said:

The 1st time I heard Better on the radio was on AAF!  If I remember correctly, the song ended and all you heard was the DJ snoring 😂😂

lol... WAAF played CD from front to back the night it came out.. People were trashing it so hard I never heard them play another song from it again..

• Haha 1

Yeah it's for real this time. I can feel it. I felt it for the tour when slash let it slip that he and Axl were friends again, and I feel it again now. 

if Rubin really is the producer though, I sure hope there's someone else there to assist with the mixing and mastering. 

Almost had me until I read "all the members have to give total control to the producer".  There's zero chance Axl...or probably even Slash and Duff would ever agree to that, especially at this point in their careers.  Like zero.  Maybe the author wanted to make people believe it was Guns....so could be complete BS.  Or it could be a band like KISS or Oasis..maybe Smashing Pumpkins.

If it somehow is Guns, then the part that they are giving up control to the producer is B.S.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it's for real this time. I can feel it. I felt it for the tour when slash let it slip that he and Axl were friends again, and I feel it again now. 

if Rubin really is the producer though, I sure hope there's someone else there to assist with the mixing and mastering. 

Rubin doesn’t mix or master, he’s a producer. I can’t remember him doing any mixing for decades, certainly not on big named artist albums. He’s a great producer with his finger on the pulse. Funnily enough, I think he got a co-mix credit on Sheryl Crow’s Sweet Child O’ Mine 😆 

Ace

12 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Smashing Pumpkins makes some sense, but honestly I don't think the general public views them as an A List band. None of the "90s" bands outside of Nirvana would I consider to be an A List band. They were great for their time, but I don't feel they ever crossed over to a Zeppelin, Beatles, or even gnr type level. At least NOT globally. 

They were one of the biggest bands in the world in the mid 90s.

Pearl Jam has been selling out arenas around the world since the 90s... you seriously consider that a B list group? 

Anyway, nothing in that blind item applies to the Smashing Pumpkins, except that they used to be an A list rock group.

35 minutes ago, EvanG said:

They were one of the biggest bands in the world in the mid 90s.

Pearl Jam has been selling out arenas around the world since the 90s... you seriously consider that a B list group? 

Anyway, nothing in that blind item applies to the Smashing Pumpkins, except that they used to be an A list rock group.

Smashing Pumpkins have never been anywhere near as big as GN'R or Pearl Jam in their respective heydays. Great band, though.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Didn't think about that. I bet you're right. 

Billy Corgan released his second solo album two months ago with Rubin. But my initial thought was to make a joke.

45 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

"Permanent A list" is GN'R over Kiss 

It's Danzig and The Misfits.

Edited by Silent Jay

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Same here. I feel there's too many little hints and clues that something is actually going on. Plus the logic is all behaind this (I know, logic doesn't exist in GN'R world but still). They apparently loved the tour, Slash stated more than once how it surpassed his expectaions, how much better it turned out than they thought, how exciting, how surreal, blah, blah, blah...

If Axl feels the same way, which we don't know as he only speaks about politics but we may assume it's very likely judging by his behavior, being on time, not missing a single show, adding dates constantly, looking happy on stage etc., than it's more then logical they would want to continue and they are not as stupid as not to know that to stay at the level they are on, they have to present some new music to the world or they will soon stop being the number one act drawing stadiums full of fans.

Besides they and especially Axl have something to prove to the world still. They've already proven they can be huge again as a live band when they're together and now they still got to prove that they can still make a great record and Axl that he hasn't lost his creativity, that he's not a lazy used-up has-been but still a relevant artist blah, blah and I bet he would want that.

Now the conditions for him are better than they have been probably since the first album. The pressure is not all on him, it splits equally, he has the guitar player that, it seems, he always found the best and irreplacable and he is not fighting with him, he has both Slash and Duff to actually lead and control all the works on the album that Axl never wanted to be involved in but at the same time had noone to entrust them with in the new guns era since nobody had a high enough position in the band and also in Axl's eyes to do that, he finally freed himself from all the debilitating bad energy and endless hurt and frustration of the conflict and split with Slash, he has most likely rebuilt some of his self-confidence - all in all I think the circumstances have never been better and it's the best time for him and everybody to give it a try and still make a name for themselves in the present. They must be aware of that.

Plus if they find what they're doing as exciting, rejuvenating and as much fun as Slash claims, it's all natural they wouldn't want it to end. That plus all the little hints and rumors including the one in this topic seem to point to the fact that new music is quite probable and definitely a lot more likely to happen now than it was in the last however many years.

Of course, it's GN'R, they can always behave like idiots for reasons noone understands, so I remain cautious, very cautious. But I am also (very slowly) beginning to feel deep in my guts that this will actually happen and we will hear new music from them relatively soon, as unrealistic and surreal as it sounds.

Anyway, hoping is better I guess than not even hoping :lol:

That was PERFECTLY said.

Below is something I predicted Jan 6th.  THis will all come true just like a predicted.

JAn6 -  Do you really think on the long plane rides crossing the globe, these guys are not talking and planning?  Are you serious?  We all know after the shows they aren’t partying together in a dressing room anymore.  We know they are all going with their teams/family to their separate hotel suites, probably sometimes even different hotels.  But all the sound checks and rehearsal.  All those long ass plane rides together.  You think the guys from one of the biggest bands of all time, who are in the midst of the 4th highest grossing tour of all time are not on that plane plotting and scheming?  You don’t think the GNR machine is carefully crafting this just like they carefully crafted NITL ?  You don’t think Axl is playing music for the guys and the band showing Axl music ideas on those long distance plane ride for the last year and half ?  People get real. :rolleyes:

And you believe all of this because Axl was a head case for most of his 20’s and 30’s ?  You don’t think after the CD fiasco he is changing his game up now ?  He has been on time for EVERY show this tour.  No drama, no riots, just a professional money-making machine and gave the fans what they wanted.  An amazing nostalgia show.   And now the fans want an album, and they will get it.  I am still in shock all of you doubters are still using the “Axl is a perfectionist and  takes 10 years to drop “ an album excuse.  Do any of you act the same way you did when you were 23 ?  These guys grew up, put the past in the past and are moving forward.  This is all planned out in its entirety.  Its more predictable then the tour which I predicted on facebook in 2014, down to the line up and the years.

The doubters remind me of the people that watch a movie and are still shocked at a twist in the plot.   “ Oh my god, I didn’t see that coming, he is really the bad guy .. “  :popcorn:

As people age, they change.  They get smarter.  They check their ego’s.  Humility comes into play.  They learn from their numerous mistakes.  Money becomes more important as you get older and you start to clearly see your window of opportunity is closing in front of your eyes.  How are you not taking any of this into account?

Time stamp this, because all of the below will happen.  It’s clear as day.

1 )They are recording a new album and it will be released before the NITL resumes in June.

2) it will be a mix of some old and some new, some copy and paste.  This is how albums are done when you are a wealthy older rockstar.  You don’t sit in a room and create an organic album with just the band members anymore.  That’s not even logically possible with 5 wealthy people who have families and live’s and other business at hand.  It’s called technology, albums get made that way now. 

3)  The album wont have any #1 singles, but the album will be a very very good album and we will all buy it.  There will probably be a song released on a movie soundtrack as well.

4) They will switch up the set list completely for the tour to include the new album and different tracks from UYI I and II.  Different covers.  Only the 8 or 9 staple songs will be there.

5) At some point the original 5 will be all on stage together.  This only didn’t happen last year because of money.  But with a half billion already in, and another 1 billion coming in, money will now be a moot point as there is so much to go around now.  To go further, I think they will open the show with a string of 3 to 4 AFD songs with the original 5 on stage to open the shows.  This will be fu*&ing explosive, and would be main stream headline news.  This alone would make every person who saw NITL see it again.  They would be able to tour on that alone for 3 more years.  rock3

6) The line up will consist of the current line up plus Izzy and Steven in a supporting role.  Yes, 3 guitars on stage.

5) NITL will become the highest grossing tour ever in history surpassing U2.

6) The album will be called “ Not In This Lifetime “ 

7) After they become #1 tour ever, they will take a nice break.  All members including AXL will do a side project.  Axl will do a solo album with guest musicians.  He will NOT do an AC/DC album.

*) After a few more years, they will do scaled down arena tours every other year.  A fine-tuned touring band that people like to keep seeing multiple times.  Sort of like Foo fighters and Metallica.

9) Final prediction, no one will give me credit for this perfect accurate post.  :jerkoff:

Edited January 6 by Dcrazed212

• Like 2

It's The Misfits.

If Danzig wants Rubin to Johnny Cash his final days, he has to offer him The Misfits.

Only a band like The Misfits would do a new album for the money. Nobody's making money from records nowadays and certainly Guns N' Roses don't need to.

The Misfits sold out two shows in NYE in Vegas and Los Angeles. And it's not the original line-up since Dave Lombardo is the drummer.

Case closed.

Edited by Silent Jay

The idea of the album being called "Not In This Lifetime" doesn't even sound that bad.

They're not going to rename the tour so this would be fitting...well depends if they drop the album before June.

If its released after June I can see them doing a new tour 2019/20 but I would love for Axl to kick that Bono guy off his throne for the most successfull tour.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

It's The Misfits.

If Danzig wants Rubin to Johnny Cash his final days, he has to offer him The Misfits.

Only a band like The Misfits would do a new album for the money. Nobody's making money from records nowadays and certainly Guns N' Roses don't need to.

The Misfits sold out two shows in NYE in Vegas and Los Angeles. And it's not the original line-up since Dave Lombardo is the drummer.

Case closed.

Man I'd love a new Misfits album with Danzig singing and I'm not even a huge fan of theirs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Smashing Pumpkins have never been anywhere near as big as GN'R or Pearl Jam in their respective heydays. Great band, though.

They were briefly the biggest band on the planet in 1995/1996, but I agree that their popularity can't be compared to GnR or Pearl Jam's popularity. But I still think that they were an ''A list'' band back in the 90s, and that's what I was reacting to.

27 minutes ago, EvanG said:

They were briefly the biggest band on the planet in 1995/1996, but I agree that their popularity can't be compared to GnR or Pearl Jam's popularity. But I still think that they were an ''A list'' band back in the 90s, and that's what I was reacting to.

I agree, but i wouldn't consider them a 'permanent' A-list band. Some might disagree that Guns is as well when considering the Chinese years, but they have always maintained a huge presence in the minds of the media and rock fans. Now that they're arguably one of the biggest bands in the world again, more people are getting around with their merch and it's clear that they maintain the status of an A-list band.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide