Who would you like to produce a new GNR album with the current lineup?

Who would you like to produce a new GNR album with the current lineup?  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rick Rubin... I know he gets a lot of hate but he has also done some great things.. I thought he did an awesome job with the last Black Sabbath album. That was was a quality album with an old school feel for a bunch of old men..

Clink sounds great but the production on UYI's sucked ass..

Whoever produced World Of Fire wouldn't be a bad choice either..

How about Dave Grohl?

1. Nick Raskulinecz - He did a great job on Korn's latest album. Also Alice in Chains' last album, which sounds great, was produced by him. I feel like he is really good at enhancing the essence of a band and knows how to capture that essence on tape.
2. Brendan O' Brien - Well, he is Brendan O'Brien. 
3. Rick Rubin - Sabbath's 13 sounded great, probably my favorite Sabbath album after Paranoid. But Slash and Duff might not be willing to work with him after the VR's second album thing.  

Rick Rubin's records are pretty stale. They have no specific auras. No dynamics.

For rock music standard, Nick Raskulinecz is a good one. Brendan is all right too.

Personally, I would stay with Caram and Axl and get it mastered by Wallace or Ludwig again. Chinese Democracy was well produced.

23 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Where does Brendan O Brien rank? He produced ACDC most recent album...maybe he’s in on this 

He's a very solid producer, but my favourites for AC/DC were George Young (RIP) and Harry Vanda

Edited by Sosso

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I forgot he did the two more recent AC/DC records. He was a bit of a grunge guy before that

He seems to check off a lot of the boxes for music Axl has been into, or atleast he produced records for people Axl likes. 

Plus the ACDC connection makes him a candidate. 

Also if Axl is working with Angus on a new album then maybe he’s sneaking GNR in there. The less people that Axl deals with the more likely they can keep things quiet 

But we are just shooting in the dark.GNR can have anyone they want for this 

Edited by IncitingChaos

Also Brien worked on Libertad with VR after Rubin got moved off the project 

After an abortive stint with Rick Rubin, Velvet Revolver finally got going with Libertad after hooking up with another heavy­weight producer, Brendan O'Brien.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/appetite-for-destruction-20070809

so there’s a Slash and Duff connection also 

plus you look how VR was going at the time Brien came in his last impression of Duff and Slash’s band probably wasn’t good so with that fun little riddle you can see why someone like that might ask for more control

Edited by IncitingChaos

I have zero knowledge about this production thing..It´s not about creative process on the songs, right? I mean, control over what? Volume level of instruments? Sequence of songs in the album? Or something more focused on the arrangements and stuffs like that? Sorry, I'm completely lost over here!:lol: