[TOOL] New Album 'Fear Inoculum'

Silent Jay

Tom-Morello-Tool-album.jpg?resize=759,50

tommorello : Had the honor of being the first outsider to hear new #TOOL music today!! Still just instrumentals but sounded epic, majestic, symphonic, brutal, beautiful, tribal, mysterious, deep, sexy and VERY Tool. Really great. So excited to hear the record when it's finished.

Edited by Silent Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish they would release something already! Maynard is such a headcase. I enjoy their music but I probably won't ever pay to see them live again. When I saw them a few years ago Maynard just stood behind the drums the whole entire show. I mean, the visual effects are really top notch and cool but I want to see the whole band perform, not just watch videos. I can do that at home to the same music.

nergal-and-tool.jpg

Tool-Sebastian-Bach-Buzz-Osbourne.jpg?resize=759,500&ssl=1

Nergal (Behemoth) : “Amazing day… got invited to see TOOL rehearse in their studio. Sat on a chair just a few feet in front of Danny’s drums, with Adam Jones on my right and Justin Chancellor on my left. Just before they started to rehearse, Andy turns over to me and says ‘you have to imagine what this will sound like with vocals later’ and then they were off, and it sounded so great!! Hypnotic stuff!! They played 5-6 songs from their upcoming album that the whole TOOL community have been waiting for a long time now. Big honor to be invited there at all. Supernice guys as well. After this we went to see Meshuggah in Hollywood, who did an amazing concert, totally ripping. And the same morning before all this, we passed by Steve Vai’s studio to give him some Ehrlund microphones to try out. What a day… Back to Sweden now. Thank you universe”

Sebastian Bach : "How lucky am I? Spent yesterday getting my face melted by 3/4 of TOOL at the TOOL headquarters/ rehearsal studio. My very own private TOOL show, just missing the vocals!

"This is not just your average simple rock and roll music. This is progressive metal at its most atmospheric, and right when you get into a groovy trance, you get beat over the head with riffs so heavy it feels like a tool. Some tunes were so pummeling, it felt like I was getting a deep-tissue massage! In fact, they could call the record that. No song was shorter than seven minutes and some were 20 minutes long! Just my idea of how to spend the perfect day!

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

toolmasteringmarch2019_638.jpg

TOOL appears to be finalizing the mastering of its long-awaited new album.

Earlier today (Thursday, March 7), the band shared a photo of guitarist Adam Jones, bassist Justin Chancellor and drummer Danny Carey alongside the album's producer/engineer Joe Barresi and mastering engineer Bob Ludwig, who previously mastered TOOL's most recent disc, 2006's "10,000 Days"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the new songs are awesome even on phone recordings. They both breath and take time to pay off. Descending is so haunting. I think I'm appreciating that they never take a Ticks and Leeches esque turn for the hard and heavy. 

I know it's been a long wait and it's become kind of a joke waiting for this album (I also see the irony of pointing that out on a GNR forum) but the album will likely be worth all the BS. there's a reason tool can sell out arenas on name and old material. No one sounds like them or delivers a live experience like them. Exciting stuff. 

• Like 1

Cover art :

Adam Jones has recently revealed that the album revolves around the number 7, featuring seven tracks and clocking in at around 80 minutes.

"I took a picture pointing to the number seven while we were recording, and a lot of the riffs Justin [Chancellor, bass] and I brought in were in seven. You don't really go, 'I'm going to write a riff in seven!'

"You just write a riff and you count it out and it turns out to be in seven. Without being too descriptive about the concept, the main thing is that the seven-beat just kept coming up, and riffs in seven kept coming up. It was really weird!

"When we finished recording, I went to the guys and said, 'I think we should have called the record Volume 7' because a lot of the songs are in seven and there are seven tracks on the record.

"Then Maynard [James Keenan, vocals] told me about a whole concept he had about the number seven. We were all, like, 'Oh My God! This is too weird!' Then Alex Grey [Tool album artist] basically said the same thing and he has a concept that will reveal itself through video.

"So there are a lot of rhythms and polyrhythms where we explore 7/4 or 7/3, and there's a riff we count in 21 - which we count as three rounds of seven. I wrote a four-minute lead over something counted in 21, which is crazy!"

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Thanks 1

"The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card." A vinyl release will be announced soon.

http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIa

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1