[TOOL] New Album 'Fear Inoculum'

Silent Jay

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Why not just a normal release? 

What's ever been normal about Tool? :lol:

Also:

TAYLOR SWIFT FANS FREAKING OVER "UNKNOWN" BAND TOOL KNOCKING POP STAR FROM NO. 1

"Who the fuck is TOOL? and can they move their fat ass like genuienly no idea who that is am i the only one?????"

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/taylor-swift-fans-freaking-over-unknown-band-tool-knocking-pop-star-no-1?fbclid=IwAR2m6_tYjsZaVPpmKI01eyKGTAxzorUZaktd87E9yt8jzI20sQ-85V7-mgA

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

On 07/09/2019 at 12:23 PM, Nicklord said:

Because according to Adam Jones they need a proper packaging for the music because it's incomplete otherwise

Few had the luxury to pay that much. Tool may release another version at regular CD price once the limited stock are depleted.

I still have my copy in plastic. I looked at several online stores and the CDs were going for at least $160.

Edited by Silent Jay

On 9/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, Silent Jay said:

Few had the luxury to pay that much. Tool may release another version at regular CD price once the limited stock are depleted.

I still have my copy in plastic. I looked at several online stores and the CDs were going for at least $160.

Hopefully. I am new to Tool, but just release an affordable CD. 

On 3-9-2019 at 7:46 PM, Nicklord said:

Strange there isn't more hype on this forum. I know that leaks are happening right now but this is the biggest metal release since Metallica's last album

I'm not sure it is. I get where you're coming from, bit I've always felt like tool had more of a very devoted cult following, like Dream Theatre or something. Not the same mainstream hugeness as Metallica. Even though I was 16 or 17 when Lateralus came out and I do remember absolutely everyone in school talking about it. It was huge within a certain scene. 

For me, this is like every other tool album in the sense that I just dont get it. Just not my band. Cant get into them. 

2 hours ago, username said:

I'm not sure it is. I get where you're coming from, bit I've always felt like tool had more of a very devoted cult following, like Dream Theatre or something. Not the same mainstream hugeness as Metallica. Even though I was 16 or 17 when Lateralus came out and I do remember absolutely everyone in school talking about it. It was huge within a certain scene. 

For me, this is like every other tool album in the sense that I just dont get it. Just not my band. Cant get into them. 

This new album is number 1 on the Billboard chart with 270,000 copies sold in its first week. Seems pretty impressive for a “cult band” as you put it. Also can’t say I recall Metallica or Dream Theatre outselling and out-charting Taylor Swift in recent memory. 

As to the original post, Gene Simmons and Eddie Money being hot topics in this section is unfortunately indicative of where most tastes are at:facepalm:

19 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

This new album is number 1 on the Billboard chart with 270,000 copies sold in its first week. Seems pretty impressive for a “cult band” as you put it. Also can’t say I recall Metallica or Dream Theatre outselling and out-charting Taylor Swift in recent memory. 

As to the original post, Gene Simmons and Eddie Money being hot topics in this section is unfortunately indicative of where most tastes are at:facepalm:

250K copies three more times expensive than regular CD price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A late bump but I saw this tour this week. First time seeing Tool! I am a casual fan but I dug the new record and my drummer loves them. We went on a whim after practice and got upper bowl dead center. I loved it! The production values were spectacular and the band was amazing.