Silent Jay

[TOOL] New Album on August 30th - Two New Songs 'Descending' & 'Invincible' Live

My co-host Brandon talked to Justin Chancellor earlier this year. Justin made us feel like Tool would have a new album out in 2018. On a scale of 1-10, how much did Justin lie to us?

Danny Carey : “He did not lie to you. On scale of how much he lied, it would be zero. It’ll be out. It’ll be out in 2018.”

"Whatever those guys play is how they express themselves. Adam [Jones, guitar] and Justin [Chancellor, bass] aren't musically educated, so they just come up with the weirdest shit. I just try to anchor it down and make it simple... The tracks are long — too long! Definitely too long for the radio!"

"It's all coming together really well," he said. "We'll be hitting the studio again very soon and have a couple of gigs in May, so hopefully we'll have the album out before that. It's wishful thinking at this point. I actually think I said that this time last year. [Laughs]"

Tom-Morello-Tool-album.jpg?resize=759,50

tommorello : Had the honor of being the first outsider to hear new #TOOL music today!! Still just instrumentals but sounded epic, majestic, symphonic, brutal, beautiful, tribal, mysterious, deep, sexy and VERY Tool. Really great. So excited to hear the record when it's finished.

Edited by Silent Jay

I hope that Pitman will be feautered on the album. I wanna hear new music from him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really looking forward to it, if this finally is this year. Where have you read that the title is Evolution? First and only place I've seen it. 

I just wish they would release something already! Maynard is such a headcase. I enjoy their music but I probably won't ever pay to see them live again. When I saw them a few years ago Maynard just stood behind the drums the whole entire show. I mean, the visual effects are really top notch and cool but I want to see the whole band perform, not just watch videos. I can do that at home to the same music.

nergal-and-tool.jpg

Tool-Sebastian-Bach-Buzz-Osbourne.jpg?resize=759,500&ssl=1

Nergal (Behemoth) : “Amazing day… got invited to see TOOL rehearse in their studio. Sat on a chair just a few feet in front of Danny’s drums, with Adam Jones on my right and Justin Chancellor on my left. Just before they started to rehearse, Andy turns over to me and says ‘you have to imagine what this will sound like with vocals later’ and then they were off, and it sounded so great!! Hypnotic stuff!! They played 5-6 songs from their upcoming album that the whole TOOL community have been waiting for a long time now. Big honor to be invited there at all. Supernice guys as well. After this we went to see Meshuggah in Hollywood, who did an amazing concert, totally ripping. And the same morning before all this, we passed by Steve Vai’s studio to give him some Ehrlund microphones to try out. What a day… Back to Sweden now. Thank you universe”

Sebastian Bach : "How lucky am I? Spent yesterday getting my face melted by 3/4 of TOOL at the TOOL headquarters/ rehearsal studio. My very own private TOOL show, just missing the vocals!

"This is not just your average simple rock and roll music. This is progressive metal at its most atmospheric, and right when you get into a groovy trance, you get beat over the head with riffs so heavy it feels like a tool. Some tunes were so pummeling, it felt like I was getting a deep-tissue massage! In fact, they could call the record that. No song was shorter than seven minutes and some were 20 minutes long! Just my idea of how to spend the perfect day!

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

lol. Who the fuck is that wig on the right?

Looks like Buzz from Melvins. There're also dudes from Behemoth in the first pic, probably some more musicians I don't recognize 

toolmasteringmarch2019_638.jpg

TOOL appears to be finalizing the mastering of its long-awaited new album.

Earlier today (Thursday, March 7), the band shared a photo of guitarist Adam Jones, bassist Justin Chancellor and drummer Danny Carey alongside the album's producer/engineer Joe Barresi and mastering engineer Bob Ludwig, who previously mastered TOOL's most recent disc, 2006's "10,000 Days"

• Like 2

Sounds like a good time for me to get into Tool.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Sounds like a good time for me to get into Tool.

Their second album Ænima is probably the best starting place in addition to being their best album. 

Edited by AxlsMainMan

Posted (edited)

Tool performed two new songs last night with vocals!

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the new songs are awesome even on phone recordings. They both breath and take time to pay off. Descending is so haunting. I think I'm appreciating that they never take a Ticks and Leeches esque turn for the hard and heavy. 

I know it's been a long wait and it's become kind of a joke waiting for this album (I also see the irony of pointing that out on a GNR forum) but the album will likely be worth all the BS. there's a reason tool can sell out arenas on name and old material. No one sounds like them or delivers a live experience like them. Exciting stuff. 

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion

I think A Perfect Circle is miles better than Tool 

On 5/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, Nicklord said:

Unpopular opinion

I think A Perfect Circle is miles better than Tool 

LOL. No. Just no. 

• Like 1