Tea & Coffee

Sosso

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe I possessed the fallacy for most of my life that Guns N' Roses in their club days used to subsist by throwing gravy, English beef extract gravy, on that lot and eating them up.

At a place called Denny's if memory serves?

Same here:facepalm: i assumed they had Rich Tea biscuits because they were the plainest biccies....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Same here:facepalm: i assumed they had Rich Tea biscuits because they were the plainest biccies....

I'm just glad I didn't try and recreate the meal! I once bought a pair of trainers because they resembled the trainers Slash wears on the Paris ppv so there is a distinct possibility of me being stupid enough to attempt that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

I know McDonalds changed their coffee a few years ago.  I thought the old stuff was dreadful.  I haven't tried the newer stuff.  I try not to eat fast food, is it worth the risk of succumbing to temptation to go in and get their coffee?

I say yes. When they first changed the blend is also when they started doing the free coffee promos, so that was when I first gave it a shot. I have enjoyed it ever since.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, username said:

At one point I eaily drank 10 cups a day at work alone. And that was before we got the horrible sludge machines we have now. I cut back to a max of 3 a day and I feel a lot better. Now I can easily skip coffee for a day without getting a serious headache. 

Oh, I could easily drink more if I wanted to, I just figured that 3 is a good number. Just enough to get me through the work day (I work afternoons through late evening), but not enough to where I can’t get to sleep at night.

I do get the terrible headaches if I don’t have coffee, though, it’s bad. Thankfully my girlfriend bought me an awesome stainless steel percolator for Christmas, though, so I never have to worry about going without!

Edited by The Real McCoy

15 hours ago, James Bond said:

I say yes. When they first changed the blend is also when they started doing the free coffee promos, so that was when I first gave it a shot. I have enjoyed it ever since.

I think Ill try it.  Coffee and a Big Mac doesn't sound like a good pairing anyways.  

On 27/01/2018 at 9:04 AM, spunko12345 said:

You say that Jan but there' Jaffa cakes in that picture and they are definitely not dunkable.

For legal purposes a Jaffa Cake is indeed a cake and not a biscuit at all. As far as the tax man is concerned anyway. :lol: 

In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.[12] McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.[13] McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and allegedly produced a giant Jaffa cake in court to illustrate its point.[13] The product was assessed on the following criteria:[14][15]

• The product's name was regarded as a minor consideration.
  • The ingredients were regarded as similar to those of a cake, producing a thin cake-like batter rather than the thick dough of a biscuit.
  • The product's texture was regarded as being that of a sponge cake.
  • The product hardens when stale, in the manner of a cake.
  • A substantial part of the Jaffa cake, in terms of bulk and texture, is sponge.
  • In size, the Jaffa cake is more like a biscuit than a cake.
  • The product was generally displayed for sale alongside other biscuits, rather than with cakes.
  • The product is presented as a snack and eaten with the fingers, like a biscuit, rather than with a fork as a cake might be. The tribunal also considered that children would eat them in "a few mouthfuls", in the manner of a sweet.

The court found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa cakes in the United Kingdom.[12][16]

In Ireland, Jaffa cakes are regarded as cakes by Revenue as their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).[17]

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 10:05 PM, janrichmond said:

They fucking are!! The sponge goes soggy and the choccy melts and you're left with the orange disc. Perfection!

Of course they're fuckin' dunkable, it's just these Taffs and Northerners ain't got any thumbs, it takes great skill but its doable, you don't fuckin' leave it in there all day like those big shortbread bricks they love up North, you dip em in and whip em out instead and then stick em in your mouth before it falls to bits, its a precise art but its more than doable.  Fuckin' philistines, of course you can dunk Jaffa Cakes :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Of course they're fuckin' dunkable, it's just these Taffs and Northerners ain't got any thumbs, it takes great skill but its doable, you don't fuckin' leave it in there all day like those big shortbread bricks they love up North, you dip em in and whip em out instead and then stick em in your mouth before it falls to bits, its a precise art but its more than doable.  Fuckin' philistines, of course you can dunk Jaffa Cakes :lol:

At least we don’t have thumbs on our fuckin’ feet like you! :lol: 

• Haha 3