Tea & Coffee

Sosso

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@soon Jaffa= A male who can't produce sperm, Jaffa being derived from the title of a fruit company whose Oranges are seedless.

Spotted dick is not for dunking :lol:

Oh, thanks.  So, y'all have one cake named after sterile men and another cake named after spotted men?!? :wow:

I think Im just gonna go with the UK biscuits.  Er maybe just quit coffee... and the internet :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Scandinavians must be as high as kites,

Chart showing top 10 countries in terms of per capita coffee consumption in 2016, measured by kg per person

I never used to understand what people meant when they said coffee gives you a bit of a buzz, a bit of pep...until the last 6 months or so I’ve knocked the drugs on the head and cut my boozing down a bit...you do feel something off that shit yknow.  I used to drink four or five coffees and a day and didnt feel nothing.

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I never used to understand what people meant when they said coffee gives you a bit of a buzz, a bit of pep...until the last 6 months or so I’ve knocked the drugs on the head and cut my boozing down a bit...

Who are you? and what have you done with pisshead Len? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Who are you? and what have you done with pisshead Len? 

Oh i still drink and everything!  And I’m not like, sworn off drugs, just been off my tits since I was a teenager, wanted to like...I dunno, have a clear head for a bit.  Its not the worst feeling in the world.  Just all got a bit routine, especially the weed, I’ve smoked entire crops of that shit over the years, was getting kinda boring if I’m honest.  And charlies fuckin’ expensive and the gears getting fuckin’ naffer.  

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Oh i still drink and everything!  And I’m not like, sworn off drugs, just been off my tits since I was a teenager, wanted to like...I dunno, have a clear head for a bit.  Its not the worst feeling in the world.  Just all got a bit routine, especially the weed, I’ve smoked entire crops of that shit over the years, was getting kinda boring if I’m honest.  And charlies fuckin’ expensive and the gears getting fuckin’ naffer.  

You are growing up Len! I knocked it on the head in my 40s and tbh i don't feel any different but i still miss weed a bit. I often think about having a little smoke before bed to help me sleep but then i'd start smoking earlier and earlier and end up stoned every night. I don't wanna start again because stopping again would be shit.

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You are growing up Len! I knocked it on the head in my 40s and tbh i don't feel any different but i still miss weed a bit. I often think about having a little smoke before bed to help me sleep but then i'd start smoking earlier and earlier and end up stoned every night. I don't wanna start again because stopping again would be shit.

I aint quitting or anything, I mean I’m not really the type for...resolutions and that, I’m not severe in that way, I just kinda different into it, I’m sure somewhere down the line, weeks months, I’ll be smoking weed again, or maybe not, maybe never again, depends how I feel but I can’t see why I won’t again I mean, I didnt stop cuz of any harm or anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I aint quitting or anything, I mean I’m not really the type for...resolutions and that, I’m not severe in that way, I just kinda different into it, I’m sure somewhere down the line, weeks months, I’ll be smoking weed again, or maybe not, maybe never again, depends how I feel but I can’t see why I won’t again I mean, I didnt stop cuz of any harm or anything.

That's great that you can take or leave it, i'm more all or nothing :lol:

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothings ever that good is it?  Even sex gets boring depending where your head is at.

I don't think sex gets boring ;)

just noticed this is the tea/coffee thread :lol: 2 sugars and tiny amount of milk in my tea. I hate coffee.

Edited by janrichmond
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I never used to understand what people meant when they said coffee gives you a bit of a buzz, a bit of pep...until the last 6 months or so I’ve knocked the drugs on the head and cut my boozing down a bit...you do feel something off that shit yknow.  I used to drink four or five coffees and a day and didnt feel nothing.

I am the same way. I do not metabolize caffeine at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. I could drink a triple shot of mocha at 11 pm and still go to sleep. Have always been like that. It's a blessing and a curse!

6 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I am the same way. I do not metabolize caffeine at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. I could drink a triple shot of mocha at 11 pm and still go to sleep. Have always been like that. It's a blessing and a curse!

Buncha fuckin’ bird brains arent they, getting buzzed off coffee :lol:  Its like when people go ‘ooh, i caught a sugar rush’, what the fuck is a sugar rush?!

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You clearly don't have a 3 year old. :lol: 

Clearly not because I can't even fathom what having a three year old has got to do with anything, what do you nick her sweets or something? :lol:

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean her reacting off of sugar, got'cha!

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're not following the inclination of your countrymen I'm afraid. I'm actually surprised the Scandinavians drink the most coffee; I thought it would be the USA at one, with South Americans, the French and the Italians following soon after.

In Norway you are not really a grown-up if you don't drink coffee. "Å by på kaffe" (=to offer coffee) is an expression when you have a visitor, it means to offer coffee and some sweets (typically a cake). It really is ingrained in our culture. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're not following the inclination of your countrymen I'm afraid. I'm actually surprised the Scandinavians drink the most coffee.

Only because lager is a fucking tenner a pint. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Turns out you can use the grounds from cold brewing coffee to make a hot brew. Twice the use. Just takes a bit higher ratio of grounds to liquid. Not award winning taste but good enough for me. And then after this they go into the garden or mushroom substrate!