Tea & Coffee

Sosso

14 minutes ago, soon said:

What would be a more appropriate caffeinated warm drink to sip while on a spaceship?

I dunno...not tea though.  Not that sort of tea.  I mean can you imagine this big fuckin' hi tech Apollo 13 lookin' thing...and in the corner a kettle, it just wouldn't happen would it, it would look odd, the two don't belong, in the same way you wouldn't expect a fully stocked bar in the middle of a spaceship.  Watneys pumps :lol:  The Rovers Return in the middle of fuckin' Krypton, how would Earl Grey get on a ship headed to another sodding land, why that of all things you could get on board to show the little green wankers that we ain't just been sittin' on our hands down here on earth :lol:  Fucking Earl Grey, i ask you!

By the 23rd century man had created utopian space travel gyms, a bar-restaurant (Ten Forward). Whatever you wants to eat or drink, you just say it in front of the holoprojector and it appears. You can also have some virtual sex on the holodeck. Simply say, Deanna Troi with no clothes and she appears. 

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

in the same way you wouldn't expect a fully stocked bar in the middle of a spaceship.

If I was expected to live on a spaceship, I sure as shit would expect it to have a fully stocked bar :lol:

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

how would Earl Grey get on a ship headed to another sodding land, why that of all things you could get on board to show the little green wankers that we ain't just been sittin' on our hands down here on earth :lol:  Fucking Earl Grey, i ask you!

They have a machine called the Replicator that is like Siri as a magical food and drink manifestor. In Lil' Stalins's Sossos above post.

Captain Picard is a man of refinement and taste. If its good enough for him to impress the exo-relatives, that speaks volumes imho :lol:

He is meant to be French - the most English Frenchman ever played by one of our finest thespians (however keen Labour supporter)! There is an episode when he visits his family vineyards on shore leave, soon after the Enterprise saved Earth from the Borg, and Picard was Locutus of Borg. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

He is meant to be French - the most English Frenchman ever played by one of our finest thespians (however keen Labour supporter)! There is an episode when he visits his family vineyards on shore leave, soon after the Enterprise saved Earth from the Borg, and Picard was Locutus of Borg. 

I used to find Picard a bit sexy, y'know as  a 'weird crush' type thing :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, username said:

I really disagree with the bold black tea's. Their powerful aroma's don't need anything. They're basically the tea-version of Islay Scotch whisky or Imperial Stout beer. Manly as fuck. 

Agreed. I drink my black tea pure and simple.

On January 5, 2019 at 6:30 PM, Sosso said:

Yeah, nettle is awesome! And is easy to find growing in nature. I use dried and chopped nettle in my coffee. I essentially have a mix of hot chocolate, coffee and nettle-tea as my "coffee." And I use it in pops/soda too.

Its so dense with minerals and is also good for prostate health. Properties that remain intact when nettle is brewed into beer as well. Nettle Ale is a popular UK Hedgerow Ale of days past. Fresh Nettle is the bittering and aromatic ingredient used in place of hops. Traditionally Black Molasses/Trecal is used in place of malted barely. At the time Molasses was only seen as a waste byproduct of sugar refining so it was incredible cheap. So a weed from the garden, a cheap af molasses and bread yeast made this yummy nearly free Ale. The modern palate might like some acid to cut it. Tang powder works surprisingly well, lol. Or I should say vitamin C powder since its all abut nettle being healthy.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I've done a terrible thing of late.  Started drinking Yorkshire Tea, like the cloth camp wearing Corona spreading northern scum.  I dunno why but PG Tips (I'm all class, I know) suddenly became shit a few years back. 

But yeah, milk, one sugar, strong.  Tea without milk is fuckin' disgusting.  As for coffee, black, no sugar.

Edited by Len Cnut

47 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've done a terrible thing of late.  Started drinking Yorkshire Tea, like the cloth camp wearing Corona spreading northern scum.  I dunno why but PG Tips (I'm all class, I know) suddenly became shit a few years back. 

But yeah, milk, one sugar, strong.  Tea without milk is fuckin' disgusting.  As for coffee, black, no sugar.

Yorkshire Tea came out as woke recently haha.

11464131.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp