Tea & Coffee

Sosso

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why 'before we post?'  Post about what?  Have they made some racist gaffe previously or something?

I don't know. They are wokeing out. That is generally what they do, these companies. Greene King pubs incidentally found out that one of their founding figures from c. 1795 was connected with slavery so promptly stuck their staff on diversity and white privilege courses! We live in such times of utter lunacy!

Ringtons Tea by the way. You'll thank me later. 

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't know. They are wokeing out. That is generally what they do, these companies. Greene King pubs incidentally found out that one of their founding figures from c. 1795 was connected with slavery so promptly stuck their staff on diversity and white privilege courses! We live in such times of utter lunacy!

Can you even get Ringtons down south? That's all my parents get. Man comes round the house in a little van dropping off Tea, biscuits and other goodies.

27 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can you even get Ringtons down south? That's all my parents get. Man comes round the house in a little van dropping off Tea, biscuits and other goodies.

Same (with grandma).

Not sure but there is a mail order: https://www.ringtons.co.uk/. I had to use it during the full lockdown. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

By that rationale surely they should renounce England altogether, we had a fair hand in slavery, didn’t we?  What if your old man was a tea leaf, do you have to dedicate your life to public service as a pennance?  What fuckin’ good does a diversity course do for the poor ol’ sods that got their arses lashed up and down the cottonfields anyway?  

Ringtons yeah?  I’ll bear it in mind.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

far from lunacy. this was a well calculated business decision, aimed at increasing profit, or at least preventing loss.

racial concerns are a massive part of the public consience these days, and if it matters to most of society, it matters to companies too.

it's totally like how social media became a thing, and now I can even watch social media on my bloody television if I download the app (now that is lunacy, with 12 gb or so internal memory)

These companies don't give one damn about these issues, however. they look at it from an abstract mindset. They discover that little fact from their history, then the reaction is calculated and clear as glass. not to act, would make shareholders restless.

I don't think I'm even criticising these companies anymore: I think I would do the same lol. I like money.

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

By that rationale surely they should renounce England altogether, we had a fair hand in slavery, didn’t we?  What if your old man was a tea leaf, do you have to dedicate your life to public service as a pennance?  What fuckin’ good does a diversity course do for the poor ol’ sods that got their arses lashed up and down the cottonfields anyway?  

Ringtons yeah?  I’ll bear it in mind.

they did something and the have the receipts to prove. for now, that's enough. like I said: they don't care.

Unless society would get even more stupid and uncalculated (unlikely, but we've seen stranger things happen)

Edited by action
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, action said:

far from lunacy. this was a well calculated business decision, aimed at increasing profit, or at least preventing loss.

racial concerns are a massive part of the public consience these days, and if it matters to most of society, it matters to companies too.

it's totally like how social media became a thing, and now I can even watch social media on my bloody television if I download the app (now that is lunacy, with 12 gb or so internal memory)

These companies don't give one damn about these issues, however. they look at it from an abstract mindset. They discover that little fact from their history, then the reaction is calculated and clear as glass. not to act, would make shareholders restless.

I don't think I'm even criticising these companies anymore: I think I would do the same lol. I like money.

they did something and the have the receipts to prove. for now, that's enough. like I said: they don't care.

Unless society would get even more stupid and uncalculated (unlikely, but we've seen stranger things happen)

Totally agree with the money part and I’m surprised I didn’t look at it like that on first appraisal, totally correct I’d say...and I’m usually the one saying that kinda shit, on here and in life, its all about money end of the day, you should always (and I always try to) look at a given situation and think ‘right, whoose earning out of this?’, when you find that out a lot of other things become clear.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Totally agree with the money part and I’m surprised I didn’t look at it like that on first appraisal, totally correct I’d say...and I’m usually the one saying that kinda shit, on here and in life, its all about money end of the day, you should always (and I always try to) look at a given situation and think ‘right, whoose earning out of this?’, when you find that out a lot of other things become clear.

take bullying at school. it happens everywhere, and school does nothing, or only reluctantly so. The most logical thing, expelling the bullies (plural, this is important), does not happen. In fact, the blame is searched with the victim. The total opposite of what we might expect happens, and it happens everywhere? Why is that? Is it all part of a big scheme aimed at making people feel bad? Hardly. Again, schools don't give a damn about the bullies, or the victims. I learned, only just recently mind, that schools have a goal of profit too. They get subsidies from the state, and the amount of subsidies is directly in proportion to the amount of students in the school. So knowing that, if a school is confronted with, say, 15 bullies bullying 1 poor bastard. What are you gonna do as a school intended on making money? Expelling 15 bullies from school, effectively cutting in your own income, or will you advise the parents to take the victim to another school? the question answers itself, and silly me for ever wondering.

The world is a hellhole, but we already knew that. it's everyone to their own. you need to know the rules, know the system, and then you can hurt these schools where they hurt the most: their money. Look up parents of other victims of bullying (which I did), gang up together, make 1 victim become 16 victims, and then these school principals start scratching their heads going "what the hell is going on here? what a situation"

No one asks if the tea is ethically sourced. Is the sugar fair trade and conflict free?

No, people are so wise as to challenge companies on their willingness to voice support to end the police murder of minorities.

Good job, right wing! Looking good, and totally sane :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

No one asks if the tea is ethically sourced. Is the sugar fair trade and conflict free?

No, people are so wise as to challenge companies on their willingness to voice support to end the police murder of minorities.

Good job, right wing! Looking good, and totally sane :thumbsup:

isn't all sugar gifted to us by the sun's power anyway?

Used to drink tea now it's hazelnut international coffee.

We have many starbucks here and now we have this new drive thru coffee place called Scooters. it's just a tiny building with only drive thru. Any food is microwaved, so no thanks. Haven't tried the coffee but viewing the menu I noticed no prices listed. Don't like that!

35 minutes ago, action said:

take bullying at school. it happens everywhere, and school does nothing, or only reluctantly so. The most logical thing, expelling the bullies (plural, this is important), does not happen. In fact, the blame is searched with the victim. The total opposite of what we might expect happens, and it happens everywhere? Why is that? Is it all part of a big scheme aimed at making people feel bad? Hardly. Again, schools don't give a damn about the bullies, or the victims. I learned, only just recently mind, that schools have a goal of profit too. They get subsidies from the state, and the amount of subsidies is directly in proportion to the amount of students in the school. So knowing that, if a school is confronted with, say, 15 bullies bullying 1 poor bastard. What are you gonna do as a school intended on making money? Expelling 15 bullies from school, effectively cutting in your own income, or will you advise the parents to take the victim to another school? the question answers itself, and silly me for ever wondering.

The world is a hellhole, but we already knew that. it's everyone to their own. you need to know the rules, know the system, and then you can hurt these schools where they hurt the most: their money. Look up parents of other victims of bullying (which I did), gang up together, make 1 victim become 16 victims, and then these school principals start scratching their heads going "what the hell is going on here? what a situation"

Why’d they expel me and my mate Mark for robbing the changing rooms then?  (along with another charge of selling shoplifted goods on school property) 😂

Wow, I didn’t know we had a thread for this!!

i drink coffee ever single day! I also drink lots of teas! Currently, I have:

Black Tea

Regular Green Tea (almost out)

Matcha Green Tea

Mixed Berry Tea (just ran out)

Lemon Tea (almost out)

Chamomile Tea

Sleepytime Tea

I drink at least one cup of tea a day! I like to switch it up a lot!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Black Tea

Matcha Green Tea

Lemon Tea (almost out)

Chamomile Tea

Sleepytime Tea

Dang - Good selection! I drink coffee daily which I brew along with nettle leaves. So its kinda a tea and coffee in one.

I grow chamomile, valarian and cat nip in my garden for sleepytime tea. And Ive had some desserts made with matcha that were truly incredible!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:29 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Used to drink tea now it's hazelnut international coffee.

We have many starbucks here and now we have this new drive thru coffee place called Scooters. it's just a tiny building with only drive thru. Any food is microwaved, so no thanks. Haven't tried the coffee but viewing the menu I noticed no prices listed. Don't like that!

I love hazelnut coffee! I usually happen across the chance to enjoy some over Christmas. I guess this year I might have to get myself some.

We should send Ramsey to Scooters, lol.

15 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've developed a palette for coffee and now much prefer African to South American beans. I'd love to try some Hawaiian coffee as I've heard it's closer to African in taste, however rumour has it that it's about £25 a cup. 

"Kona" is what I know Hawaiian coffee as here. I think thats a region, so I suppose there could be other Hawaiian regions as well. I dont know enough about coffee tasting to compare, but Ive had Kona a few times and its low acidic profile is still very rich and flavourful. It is VERY good coffee! Still, at $55 for a bag of beans that one has to roast themselves, I pass.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, soon said:

I love hazelnut coffee! I usually happen across the chance to enjoy some over Christmas. I guess this year I might have to get myself some.

We should send Ramsey to Scooters, lol.

"Kona" is what I know Hawaiian coffee as here. I think thats a region, so I suppose there could be other Hawaiian regions as well. I dont know enough about coffee tasting to compare, but Ive had Kona a few times and its low acidic profile is still very rich and flavourful. It is VERY good coffee! Still, at $55 for a bag of beans that one has to roast themselves, I pass.

Where did you manage to get a cup of Kona? In a city? 

I've done some research and the range I've seen is £20-£80 a bag. 

It's definitely one for the bucket list. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Where did you manage to get a cup of Kona? In a city? 

I've done some research and the range I've seen is £20-£80 a bag. 

It's definitely one for the bucket list. 

Yeah, here at a cultural event. That was so delicious!

And then Ive had it served socially. A subscription service seems to be the preferred way of obtaining it here. I just peaked and by subscription there is a bag for $21. Whereas the local Costcos sell it 2 bags for $200 cnd :wow:. For me, Id be worried that my brewing skills would fall short of the special beans - I use a mason jar in place of a french press lol. It was even better at the gallery event when prepared by a barista.

Yeah, I hope you track some down!! You should do a write up on Kona coffee on that food blog you are part of. Then hopefully some local cafes will jump on it!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:05 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Black Tea

Matcha Green Tea

Lemon Tea (almost out)

Chamomile Tea

Sleepytime Tea

I don't know why but I never really liked green tea for some reason. Maybe I will change my mind in the future. 

Edited by Sosso