Things that you admire about Axl (Not musically related)

38 minutes ago, Karri said:

"But when Rose left the Mode, he continued his evening at a friend’s barbecue in Beverly Hills, where he reportedly shot a pig. A band spokesman soon announced that “as strict vegetarians, the band were appalled by [Rose’s] behavior and do not wish to associate themselves with anyone who goes round shooting pigs for fun.”"

http://rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-knowledge/chapter-9/axl-rose-depeche-mode/

Sorry, couldn't resist to post this ;)

I'm sure that story is exaggerated, but I always did think that Axl's love for animals would have maybe perhaps pushed him towards living a vegetarian lifestyle. I'm surprised he isn't (going by the pic of him in the steakhouse with Angus where a witness said he had a 20oz steak). However I don't have any issues with him or anyone else doing so either way

That whole AC/DC thing was really surprising. I really did not think he had that in him, it was such a huge risk and could have destroyed his career and probably himself as a person so easily.

Balls of steel, definately something to admire. And he did it so well, it payed off. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Karri said:

"But when Rose left the Mode, he continued his evening at a friend’s barbecue in Beverly Hills, where he reportedly shot a pig. A band spokesman soon announced that “as strict vegetarians, the band were appalled by [Rose’s] behavior and do not wish to associate themselves with anyone who goes round shooting pigs for fun.”"

http://rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-knowledge/chapter-9/axl-rose-depeche-mode/

Sorry, couldn't resist to post this ;)

Then he's a prick.

If it's true;)

i really can't find much to admire other than his unwavering loyalty to TB which I do not admire but think at least he's got an 'adopted' family, but i feel like they leech on him, if he was any ol bloke with not as much $ or star power don't be naive to think he wouldn't have them as an entourage 

i will say the one thing i admire is that he is quite good at making fans hungry and skilled at keeping whatever that is left of GNR or previous incarnations as quite mysterious and intriguing 

22 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That whole AC/DC thing was really surprising. I really did not think he had that in him, it was such a huge risk and could have destroyed his career and probably himself as a person so easily.

Balls of steel, definately something to admire. And he did it so well, it payed off. 

agree 100% on this 

this was balls and Axl knew he needed to do something like this to improve his image was kind of a God send to him and he did it really well 

as for GNR well, i wish he'd treat the brand with as much respect 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 9:26 AM, Dean said:

I'm sure that story is exaggerated, but I always did think that Axl's love for animals would have maybe perhaps pushed him towards living a vegetarian lifestyle. I'm surprised he isn't (going by the pic of him in the steakhouse with Angus where a witness said he had a 20oz steak). However I don't have any issues with him or anyone else doing so either way

Axl strikes me as the kind of guy who had nothing growing up and nothing early in his career so he's going to enjoy the hell out of having money. Lavish parties, helicopter tours, flashy jewelry and steak all the time. Preferably the cow was wearing a fur coat when it was slaughtered. 

I have always admired his ability to explore various styles on all levels & just be himself without being concerned what the rest of the world thinks. This is something that has served as a positive role model towards constructing my own free-spirited persona. One thing that really makes me curious however, would be to know what sort of places, if at all, he likes to travel & see, in what manner & what new things he likes to discover by doing so. Everybody is different in this sense but all the points I've mentioned about travel can unveil certain things, to an extent at least, as to who somebody is deep inside, at the given time at least. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 12:42 AM, Gnrcane said:

I admire that he was able to write a song in the first person perspective that espoused the hateful views that Trump's base has been accused of holding yet somehow get people to ignore it and respect his current political views (which he really doesn't espouse that much outside of a few between song comments).

I've never ignored what he wrote in "One in a Million." Far from it. It almost turned me away from the band for good. 

I've don't doubt that Axl held the sort of bigoted views that Trump has capitalised on, what he was a young scared kid from thew mid West hitting LA. that's exactly how he was describing himself in the song.

The point is, I do not believe that Axl is an ideological racist or homophobe, far from it; and he has more than done enough to show this. If you want me to give my reasoning / evidence for this I'm happy to, though i think you probably know the answer and it's a subject that's been discussed a million times (pardon the pun) , so unless you do want to go into it I'll leave it at that..

i thought about it more - i stubornly admire his business sense - although he must be a pain in the dick hole to deal with - he always has an eye on the bottom line - i do think the videos in the early 90s were a good investment - people will think i'm one sided on the classic group which i am in a 100% music integrity way but Axl seems to be a pretty smart businessman and i admire that - if slash thought he could go toe to toe with axl when they were breaking up and win - Axl made sure he'd have the last say with the name and he's having last say now on getting as much value from his failed nu gnr years so sticking izzy and adler on the back burner is again smart cause he earns more money - i will truly admire him when he realizes that somethings outside of money matter more including rekindling some of the old magic back more for their fucking sake not the fans 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...