Things that you admire about Axl (Not musically related)

The thing I admire about the man is how he just doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. He does what he wants, good, bad or ugly. If you don't like it, you can fuck off. That is a rare trait in the entertainment business.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 2018-02-17 at 11:09 AM, Srushti7 said:

The fact that Axl came through so much hell, trauma, pain, abuse (physical, psychological), came from absolutely nothing, a small town boy who worked his ass off and became the ultimate Rock God of the LA hard rock scene, and eventually the whole world. The depth of his songwriting, vocals, composition, his dedication to his band, the fact that he became clean for his band to not loose sight, etc. I absolutely fucking love his "I don't give a fuck" attitude. I love how he'll speak his mind without caring what anyone thinks of him. 

His performing during the Use Your Illusion tour inspires me. You can see he gives every bit of his body to performing. 

Axl Rose to me is hope. When I look at him, I see hope, I sense that no matter what life puts you through, there's always a way out. You just have to get up and put up fight for what you believe in. Those "rants" of him aren't rants to me. They're motivational speeches for me. 

There's things he's done that I don't think I'll ever get comfortable with but those things happened 30 years ago and I don't wanna hold anything against him. I'm sure he's changed and that he deeply regrets his actions. 

I don't care if this sounded cheesy/corny, this (and more) is what I feel about Axl Rose. And I'm happy he's back with Slash, Duff. 

Well, exactly this :) 

Edited by estranged_85
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, Nintari said:

The thing I admire about the man is how he just doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. He does what he wants, good, bad or ugly. If you don't like it, you can fuck off. That is a rare trait in the entertainment business.

Especially his fans he gives zero fucks about, lowest amount of effort equals highest payoff as in money, he sure has come a long way being a homefuck from Indiana he sings about, to being an old savvy, wise businessman. 

I will fuck off now.

13 hours ago, pbj_jam said:

Especially his fans he gives zero fucks about, lowest amount of effort equals highest payoff as in money, he sure has come a long way being a homefuck from Indiana he sings about, to being an old savvy, wise businessman. 

I will fuck off now.

I don't know him and neither do you. What you said may be totally true and it may be totally bullshit but either way, again, he does what he wants and I admire that.

Edited by Nintari

Does Axl really do what he wants? :question:

Then why did he abandon his nuGN'R and CD 2- CD3 projects to go back to the "cancer" Slash and "spineless" Duff and put together a reunion that the whole industry and the fans were demanding ever since the band broke up but he didn't want to do it because... "not in this lifetime"?

lol... On this earth, nobody does what they want, in spite of their power and fortune, everybody's subject to pressure and demands.

On 2018-04-12 at 11:42 PM, killuridols said:

Does Axl really do what he wants? :question:

Then why did he abandon his nuGN'R and CD 2- CD3 projects to go back to the "cancer" Slash and "spineless" Duff and put together a reunion that the whole industry and the fans were demanding ever since the band broke up but he didn't want to do it because... "not in this lifetime"?

lol... On this earth, nobody does what they want, in spite of their power and fortune, everybody's subject to pressure and demands.

So if you said something bad about someone like 20 years ago, you can't ever change your opinion and get over things? 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

So if you said something bad about someone like 20 years ago, you can't ever change your opinion and get over things? 🤔

Yes, you can forgive people and move on but if you think they damaged you so much (as he claimed they did) why would you be back to that?

There is tons of hope in story of Axl and Slash. 

After we explained deep misunderstanding which developed between us (three years of outbursts, talking shit, radio silence, all in social pressure to be together and what not - and we share many friends who would like to see us together again when it was not possible & so), me and my bestie share that special, deep kind of friendship like no other in my life. It`s not a thing you can explain and the thing is that the bond is stronger than ever after all. I don`t think it would be a good idea to fake friendship over residue of bitterness and under social pressure rather than let things evolve naturally. 

I believe in special people in life we get. 

People in pain do many nonsense things. It`s up to everyone and mutual: if there`s a will to get across.