Papa Roach Hated Opening for GNR (2006)

Apparently the frontman is/was a fan of Axl. lol

Although PAPA ROACH singer Jacoby Shaddix says the tour is going great so far, he admitted to Launch that he has yet to meet a personal hero, GUNS frontman W. Axl Rose: "I'm just hesitant to meet Axl, man, I'm just like, I don't know. Probably by the end of the tour I'll end up meeting him, but so far I have not met him yet, which is like, you know sometimes, when you, like, imagine what somebody would be like and then you meet 'em and then you're like, aw, you're bummed out? I'll probably end up meeting him. Everybody says he's a cool cat, so I'm sure we'll click."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/papa-roach-frontman-hesitant-to-meet-axl-rose/

11 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Apparently the frontman is/was a fan of Axl. lol

Although PAPA ROACH singer Jacoby Shaddix says the tour is going great so far, he admitted to Launch that he has yet to meet a personal hero, GUNS frontman W. Axl Rose: "I'm just hesitant to meet Axl, man, I'm just like, I don't know. Probably by the end of the tour I'll end up meeting him, but so far I have not met him yet, which is like, you know sometimes, when you, like, imagine what somebody would be like and then you meet 'em and then you're like, aw, you're bummed out? I'll probably end up meeting him. Everybody says he's a cool cat, so I'm sure we'll click."

Yeah but in the interview posted above by Sid, I think he says they never saw Axl around because he just wasn't around when they were playing, so I guess he never met Axl :shrugs:

They were disappointed that their gig had to change its start time constantly because Axl was always late and they were asked to either start later than scheduled or to extend their show, which they found totally unfair.

One might not like Papa Roach's music but this has nothing to do with their music but with work ethics.

• Like 4

Papa Roach is definitely a band you liked for a month in 2001, but now in 2018 the have not aged well.

Utter crap, but at s festival if you heard them banging g out last resort or between angels you'd check out a song and go all nostalgic for your teens.... Anything further than that? Absolutely not!

• Like 2

Somewhere in Whispers isnt there a blurb on Papa Roach inviting Axl to guest on their record? I looked but cant find it - Im thinking I actually read it in one of the links and not the piece itself?

I swear I remember this though,  I think it was the guitarist and it said Axl politely directed him to contact his manager. 

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Papa roach, a completely corny and lame band that rode the sellout copy cat wave of the bigger copycat lame bands like RATM/limp B.. And are nothing compared to the real deal bands like Downset and Biohazard. 

Sorry, did you just say that Rage was a copycat lame band?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Papa Roach is neither here nor there to me. I like one maybe two of their songs but that doesn't mean they're not welcome to express negative opinions about GN'R. I gotta tell ya, opening for GN'R in just about any era but the current tour had to have been a giant pain in the ass.

• Like 1

I think that was Papa Roach that in 2001 Axl asked to RIR people to add them to the schedule, right?

EDIT.: It is strongly suggested by those behind the scenes that Guns insisted P-Roach be on the bill — and not below a local act, as Deftones and Queens Of The Stone Age are — as a condition of them playing.

https://stevemascord.com/2012/06/28/rock-in-rio-iii-brazil-goes-nuts-2001/

Edited by Derick

well, Axl was a dick for many years. His insistence of going on so damn late was just disrespectful to the fans and everyone else involved. I'm glad he's finally grown up and just seems to be in a much happier and better place now

Edited by RJ88

9 hours ago, soon said:

Somewhere in Whispers isnt there a blurb on Papa Roach inviting Axl to guest on their record? I looked but cant find it - Im thinking I actually read it in one of the links and not the piece itself?

I swear I remember this though,  I think it was the guitarist and it said Axl politely directed him to contact his manager. 

I recall this as well.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Papa roach, a completely corny and lame band that rode the sellout copy cat wave of the bigger copycat lame bands like RATM/limp B.. And are nothing compared to the real deal bands like Downset and Biohazard. 

You put Rage in same level as Limp bisquit, papa roach and similar shit?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've still not seen an adequate excuse for the lateness thing - plenty of weak attempts mind (''you wouldn't want Axl when he is not 100%'').

Yup, that’s the excuse. Axl is one of those individuals who feel comfortable in dysfunction and chaos. People like that usually subconsciously create those type of environments and then play the victim. 

• Like 1