Differences between bands ... lack of professionalism and other issues

11 hours ago, Guitto said:

Never compare, Metallica is a LOT MORE productive than GNR:

X0UmWu0.jpg

JWjkzrn.jpg

Plus, aside from the Napster thing, they are a lot better to their fans than GNR will ever be. So, Kirk was right. Of course, circumstances for it may be different to each other, but again, Kirk was right on what he say about GNR being "just a nostalgic act".

Are we seriously saying GNR have 6 studio albums :P Even if I was being really kind there's 1 AFD, 2 UYI I, 3 UYI II, 4 Spaghetti Incident, 5, Chinese. Lies is a EP, Live like a suicide is too... it's also a "live" album.

In my opinion they have 3 albums... but I'll concede to 4 (I count UYI & UYI II as one long record) of original material, just like Metallica only have 10 (11 if you count cover records). Even if you deduct the fact that Metallica started 3 years before guns and released their first recording 5 years before GNR, there is still no argument for Metallica vs GNR as far as output. Both have been shy about releasing material but Metallica certainly come out on top in my and many others opinions and in the downtime between records they tour extensively and release so much video and concert recordings that if you follow that kind of thing you have a lot of content to get through... unlike GNR who are the exact opposite.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Topic aside, I find everything about Pearl Jam boring.

When it comes to Guns, I'm so used to the bullshit that it becomes strange when they act professional. Don't get me wrong, I like that they've been on time though.

I agree. I don't know how old people are on this site but I saw GNR starting in 1987. You can bitch and moan all you want but they changed the entire scene musically and image wise. You read peoples opinions on these sites and you say to yourself were they even there?  They were the biggest band in the world.  The rants, lateshows and cancellations were all part of the excitement. Sure now that I am almost 50 I appreciate the professionalism but those were fantastic times. I love Pearl Jam but not even close to GHR

On 2/6/2018 at 8:03 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Kirk sounding like a tranny everytime he speaks, has every right to say that but the GNR tour was away of getting the band  to know each other again after not verballing speaking after 25 years. Besides it took metallica literally nearly 10 years to release hardwired as death magnetic came out in 2008!, if they like releasing new music how does it take them 10 years to release another album?. Then again I would like GNR to do a movie like metallicas some kind of monster.

Well there is Lulu with Lou Reed, their own movie and their own festival

Edited by Nicklord

"Professionalism" is so subjective.  GNR has been in tour mode, so let's use the shows as the barometer here.

I saw GNR twice in 2016, those shows were close to the 3 hour mark.  I saw GNR 3 times in 2017, two of those shows were 3.5 hours and one was 4 hours.  

I saw Metallica once in 2017, that show, including the encore, was 2 hours and 15 minutes (shorter than previous Metallica shows I've seen).

Its pretty ridiculous to argue that GNR with their 3.5 hour shows are "phoning it in" or "they don't care enough about the fans."  They could 2.5 hours a night and no one would be bitching about it, they don't have to be playing such long shows. 

Edited by liqddynamite

57 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

"Professionalism" is so objective.  GNR has been in tour mode, so let's use the shows as the barometer here.

I saw GNR twice in 2016, those shows were close to the 3 hour mark.  I saw GNR 3 times in 2017, two of those shows were 3.5 hours and one was 4 hours.  

I saw Metallica once in 2017, that show, including the encore, was 2 hours and 15 minutes (shorter than previous Metallica shows I've seen).

Its pretty ridiculous to argue that GNR with their 3.5 hour shows are "phoning it in" or "they don't care enough about the fans."  They could 2.5 hours a night and no one would be bitching about it, they don't have to be playing such long shows. 

objective or subjective?

• Like 1

Anything past 1991 that Metallica released is just horrible.

All that output and they never managed to craft a signiture guitar or drum sound. 

That first single of the last release hardwired has lyrics that sound like a 17 year old kid wrote. Muddy production, you would think with all the money they have at thier disposal that they could produce an album that sounded good.

There are indy releases that have better production then they do.