Your view, right now

SoulMonster

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Joe is funny he’s on 8 out of 10 Countdown. Romesh is one of my favourite comedians. OK if it’s 70s you want I’d pick...Sid James or Fletch from Porridge, Rigsby? 

Random pick- Adam Faith when he was Budgie. Terrance Stamp? Steve McQueen?

or Slash 😀:slash:

Steve fuckin' McQueen, you just picked my hero!  But this is your moment so lets meet in the middle.  Sid James is someone else I love and so are Fletch and Rigsby :lol:  Meeting in the middle would mean Adam Faith or Terence Stamp and although I love 'what do you want if you don't want money' Terence Stamp has a sort of artsy flair to him so we'll do with him, ever see him in Poor Cow, he was great in that.

EDIT:  There we go, he looks brilliant there, sort of eggy look on his face, like he just smelled a fart, very brooding, very Brando, very Jimmy Dean.

Edited by Len Cnut

I saw him in an old film that nobody I know has even heard of. The Mind of Mr Soames I think it was called, I haven’t seen it since the 70s but I remember I really enjoyed it and thought he was gorgeous 😍 Have you ever seen Budgie? That’s how I first remember Adam Faith. It was a TV series in the 70s.

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I saw him in an old film that nobody I know has even heard of. The Mind of Mr Soames I think it was called, I haven’t seen it since the 70s but I remember I really enjoyed it and thought he was gorgeous 😍 Have you ever seen Budgie? That’s how I first remember Adam Faith. It was a TV series in the 70s.

You know what, you're the only other person on the planet I've come across so far whoose even so much as heard of Budgie :lol:  Terence Stamp is weird, he's gorgeous in motion but its hard to find a still shot of him that does him justice, especially in his 60s pomp.

Trivia:  His brother, Chris Stamp, was The Who's manager through their 60s heyday.  He was good mates with Terence and Michael Caine, used to tell em about this band he'd found called The High Numbers, as they were called then and how they were gonna be massive.  They thought he was mad.  They used to play down the old Trade Union Hall in Watford, used to be right next to Watford Junction, don't know if you've had any experience of it.  Its why some people around town still have memories of em, particularly Moonie, apparently he shone out even then.  The music shop on Queens Road (down that round on the side of the main enterance of the Harlequin Centre), The Who used to go in there before they were famous.  I used to grill the guy Stan who owned it about em like 'what were they like what were they like?' and he was like 'I dunno, like four scruff bags, they weren't famous then!'.  That shop closed a few weeks ago, the guy who ran it retired, it'd been there for 80 years or something ridiculous like that.

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...