Your view, right now

SoulMonster

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Looks as corporate as the Nightrain fanclub

Better merch. I mean, there's a bottle opener there. That's something I can use. I keep one in my travelling toilet kit so I can always open beers at hotels. Fucking fake tattoo and ridiculous rings, what's the point in that? Dress up as a twat?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Better merch. I mean, there's a bottle opener there. That's something I can use. I keep one in my travelling toilet kit so I can always open beers at hotels. Fucking fake tattoo and ridiculous rings, what's the point in that? Dress up as a twat?

You'll need that bottle opener a lot I imagine this season, if you face too many teams as mighty as Brighton. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You'll need that bottle opener a lot I imagine this season, if you face too many teams as mighty as Brighton. 

:lol:

It has come to the point where I hope they crash and burn this season so Mourinho gets booted quickly, half the team sold off, and we can start from scratch with a focus on the best young English players (primarily from our own academy) and a dedicated British trainer who things long-term and lives and breathes for Manchester United. I hate these glory-seeking managers-for-hire that go from one high-profile club to the other. I want more substance, more local connection, and more passion and love for the team.

So yeah, I am gonna need that opener :) And the scarf is pretty handy at Old Trafford, too.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

:lol:

It has come to the point where I hope they crash and burn this season so Mourinho gets booted quickly, half the team sold off, and we can start from scratch with a focus on the best young English players (primarily from our own academy) and a dedicated British trainer who things long-term and lives and breathes for Manchester United. I hate these glory-seeking managers-for-hire that go from one high-profile club to the other. I want more substance, more local connection, and more passion and love for the team.

So yeah, I am gonna need that opener :) And the scarf is pretty handy at Old Trafford, too.

Bloody foreigners, ehh? Keep Man U British. 

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Irelands just England innit? Same shite weather, stodgy food, pasty people and alcoholism. I know what foreign looks like. I've been to Benidorm.

Exactly, just a part of your rural England, should be your County Borough of Ireland, to quote Alf Garnett :lol:

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Exactly, just a part of your rural England, should be your County Borough of Ireland, to quote Alf Garnett :lol:

Not to steer away from your yet again interesting British conversation, may I just mention that this is your worst avatar yet? Going from one of the few funny British comedians I know to a mediocre American rapper.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Not to steer away from your yet again interesting British conversation, may I just mention that this is your worst avatar yet? Going from one of the few funny British comedians I know to a mediocre American rapper.

Greatest rapper of all time.  Bar none. 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Greatest rapper of all time.  Bar none. 

Maybe I'm out of my league here, but from what I could hear and always read about him, he might have been a great lyricist, but he wasn't a great rapper, as in having a great ''flow'', if that is the correct word for it.

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Maybe I'm out of my league here, but from what I could hear and always read about him, he might have been a great lyricist, but he wasn't a great rapper, as in having a great ''flow'', if that is the correct word for it.

Flow is something else, flow is about the rhythm and cadence of your shit, its actually the opposite thats argued, that he's a great rapper but not a great lyricist, lyricist in hip hop is involved more with like, complex rhyme patterns and such, coupled with flow, which is what makes a top level purists MC, Tupac had the ability to convey emotion through his work whilst not being an altogether shabby lyricist its the way he said what he said and his ability to convey emotion and, most importantly, the weight of intellect behind it, he was able to condense and exemplify a particular social experience through music and in that regard he is absolutely peerless.  absolutely the most powerful and realest rapper of all time.  None of this is to say he wasn't immensely flawed as a human being but he didn't need to be an angel for what he was about.  He's about the most articulate rapper there ever was. 

Name me a rapper realer than Tupac.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Flow is something else, flow is about the rhythm and cadence of your shit, its actually the opposite thats argued, that he's a great rapper but not a great lyricist, lyricist in hip hop is involved more with like, complex rhyme patterns and such, coupled with flow, which is what makes a top level purists MC, Tupac had the ability to convey emotion through his work whilst not being an altogether shabby lyricist its the way he said what he said and his ability to convey emotion and, most importantly, the weight of intellect behind it, he was able to condense and exemplify a particular social experience through music and in that regard he is absolutely peerless.  absolutely the most powerful and realest rapper of all time.  None of this is to say he wasn't immensely flawed as a human being but he didn't need to be an angel for what he was about.  He's about the most articulate rapper there ever was.

I don't know much about hiphop but I liked Tupac more than other rappers because his lyrics seemed more poetic than your average rapper in the 90's who mainly rapped about all the clichés. But that he wasn't in the same league as some other rappers out there who had better technique or skills.

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know much about hiphop but I liked Tupac more than other rappers because his lyrics seemed more poetic than your average rapper in the 90's who mainly rapped about all the clichés. But that he wasn't in the same league as some other rappers out there who had better technique or skills.

Numerous rappers in that sense, lyrical technique etc.  Biggie Smalls, Eminem, Big L, Nas, Jay Z, any number of rappers known and lesser known are better MCs than him but there are distinct sections of hip hop cultures, not all rappers are MCs and not all MCs make good rappers.  In the purist sense of a battle MC which is something else as compared to a rapper.  But ultimately what endures in music of all stripes is the ability to convey emotion.  A high level flow can be found in rappers like Joe Budden and Royce Da 5 9 (and I adore the latter) but in the end its like comparing, for instance Slash to Buckethead.  Though Bucket has his fans its Slash thats the icon due to his ability to convey feel and emotion as well as, like Tupac, being a real one i.e. living a life of the kind that the attendant archetype that their particular genres or styles lend themselves too. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Romesh Ranganathon? Joe Wilkinson?

Yeah, nah, I ain't havin' the fat Sri Lanka Wanka, Joe Wilkinson, whoose that?  Ain't he somethin' to do with Rugby?  Can we not back up a bit to the 70s, our tastes intertwine better in the decade :lol:  No no, actually, I'm not gonna influence your desicion here but fuck the Sri Lankan guy and I dunno who Joe Wilkinson is so chuck a couple more out :lol: 

EDIT: Just googled Joe Wilkinson, fuck me, the state of him, he looks like George Best on Pukka Pies!

Edited by Len Cnut