Sosso

Who will be the bassist for the new album?

I don't think that they will hire a no-name-musician to record the new album. I can't really imagine Duff or Tommy as the new bassist either.

What's your opinion about that?

Edited by Sosso

My guess would be, either Angus or Stevie will track the bass on a potential record and they'll use a side man live, or they'll use this side man for both tasks, in a ''Darryl Jones type'' role.  

They need a new bass player if they gonna tour. Duff can play on the album but it will look ridiculous if he gonna tour because he is a giant compared to Angus.

It`s a shame that Cliff has retired. He was a solid bass player an a real gentleman.

Is it possible Cliff retired in the same manner Ozzy retired in 93?  That after some down time when Angus calls up with an offer to play rock and roll to adoring fans for millions of dollars, it wont sound like a half bad idea?

I hoped for a reunion with Mark Evans, but he joined Rose Tattoo last year. I think that they will hire a high profilic bassist from Australia or the UK

Edited by Sosso

I was thinking Mark Evans for the sake of keeping the line-up as legitimate as possible but that seems unlikely now so I'm guessing it'll be someone decently well known but not a huge star.

What about Bob Daisley?  He's Australian, the right age, has major hard rock pedigree but isnt a household name. And obviously his relationship with Ozzy is over.  A song like Suicide Solution has a very AC/DC style bass line, imo.  He often uses that dead thumb pulsing quarter or eight note thing that is part of AC/DC's sound 

Just now, soon said:

What about Bob Daisley?  He's Australian, the right age, has major hard rock pedigree but isnt a household name. And obviously his relationship with Ozzy is over.  A song like Suicide Solution has a very AC/DC style bass line, imo.  He often uses that dead thumb pulsing quarter or eight note thing that is part of AC/DC's sound 

He could be indeed a very good bassist for AC/DC. He has played with other major acts like Ozzy Osboourne, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep and Rainbow in the past. I would be thrilled to see him as part of the rhythm section.

I really hope it is Mark Evans. He is doing just fine in Rose Tattoo... and it would be the most legitimate choice. 

Tommy would be cool, but it probably won't happen....

Slthough he did post on fb that he sold his house because he doesn't need a house if he's busy touring... so....

I'd love Duff, but that would be weird.

You always had only Bon/Brian/Axl running around next to Angus, but with Duff that would change and Stevie would be the only one just standing there all by himself.

14 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I'd love Duff, but that would be weird.

You always had only Bon/Brian/Axl running around next to Angus, but with Duff that would change and Stevie would be the only one just standing there all by himself.

I agree, Duff is a very good bass player. He can probably handle every AC∕DC song 100% and he can also sing.

But I can`t see him fit in. He is also more than a foot taller than Angus.

7 minutes ago, shocker said:

I agree, Duff is a very good bass player. He can probably handle every AC∕DC song 100% and he can also sing.

But I can`t see him fit in. He is also more than a foot taller than Angus.

Angus is 157 centimetres tall and Duff is 191 centimetres tall.

If it were Duff part of the deal would probably be he has to take the usual spot by the drum riser. As a professional he would no doubt oblige.

That said, it won't be Duff.

I don`t think so either. There was a rumor a year ago that a new bass player was hired but I now suspect that was bullshit. I have no clue who`s gonna play bass if there will be anymore AC∕DC at all.

• Like 1