Appetite for Distortion: Ep. 45 - Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown

• downzy pinned this topic

He has so many unbelievably cool stories that he tells so nonchalantly :lol:.  

I also had no idea he lived in Nashville, which was cool to me. 

There are so many older rock stars that have moved here, like Mick Mars, Brad Whitford from Aerosmith, and Dave Mustaine, plus a lot of others. It is like a little rock retirement place lol.

The rock scene is so weird and small here. You can pretty much see Lzzy Hale from halestorm at almost every rock show.

I might have to check Tyler out the next time he does a show here.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He has so many unbelievably cool stories that he tells so nonchalantly :lol:.  

I also had no idea he lived in Nashville, which was cool to me. 

There are so many older rock stars that have moved here, like Mick Mars and Dave Mustaine and a lot of others. It is like a little rock retirement place lol.

The rock scene is so weird and small here. You can pretty much see Lzzy Hale from halestorm at almost every rock show.

I might have to check Tyler out the next time he does a show here.

I want to interview Lzzy...do some reconnaissance for me!! :)

• Like 1

Just finished it, Tyler seems to be a great guy, really wish him the best. He is one of the feel young fellas keeping rock n roll alive these days.

So, next guest is Todd? Dude, you gotta get all the information you can about the next SMKC album, this is kind of the best way to know what the heck is Slash doing as some people says he is instudio with the Conspirators and some say he is doing something else.
Knowing if he is doing SMKC will probably shed a light on the GNR situation.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I want to interview Lzzy...do some reconnaissance for me!! :)

I tweeted her and told her she should join you and the show sometime when she wasn't busy. I don't know if she will read it, or even care,  but I know she talks to her fans on twitter a lot. She seems like she is pretty open to answering questions. You should try to get in contact with her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

FYI interviewing Todd Kerns tomorrow and should be getting Rob Gardner for a future episode. Questions welcomed.

Rob Gardner? That would be fucking awesome!! There is so much mystery around his person.

I would like to know why he wasn't involved with other bands after he left GN'R. I would also love to know some details about the gigs in March and April 1985.

I'm so excited for this :heart:

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

FYI interviewing Todd Kerns tomorrow and should be getting Rob Gardner for a future episode. Questions welcomed.

About Gardner...Anything you can get about the very first GNR show (March 26, 1985). Any memories he has of this show, songs that they played, if there is any kind of record (photos, audio or video)..

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Sweet! Ask Todd if there are any plans of recording/releasing a new SMKC album and ask about how it was playing with the Kulick brothers on the Kiss Kruise! :)

Asked him your questions. Episode should be out tonight.

• Like 2

• downzy unpinned this topic