Similarities between Axl and Michael Jackson

I have mad respect for Mike & Axl so couldn't help notice the similarities both have. Here's just a few of them

Both were from Indiana(Michael from Gary, Axl from Lafayette)

Both had traumatic childhoods

Both had abusive fathers

Both possess insane talent

Made it huge in music business solely on the basis of talent

Care about fans

Massive fan following

Lonely souls who just needed a little love back in their prime when all bashing started

Workaholics to the point will risk their health

Were thrashed by the media for being themselves and not giving a shit

Both fragile asf.(I know Axl is tough asf but I also know he has a lot of emotions and also is fragile )

Vocabulary fire asf. (Explains their songwriting)

Musical geniuses 

That's all I could find. 😊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl Rose? Seriously?

Yes. Axl was always very passionate about Guns. Keep in mind he gave up heroin, became clean nearly around '88 or something. One I thing I always say about Axl, is how he gave his 100% in every performance. UYL tour, Appetite tour etc prove that. And in 2006 he was I think hospitalized or something like that because of over working. He's got an incredible work ethic. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Srushti7 said:

Care about fans

Hmm, really? Axl was late for most of 88 through 2014..not giving a shit about his fans. You don't see him interacting with fans outside of the show, I'm not saying he's a dick to people because we've all have seen him taking pictures but "Care about fans" is a stretch. I agree with the other poster earlier on this thread, the only real similarity is that they are both a little weird and are somewhat out of touch with reality.

• Like 1

i have a feeling Axl was indeed a workaholic during the illusion recordings 

how else could he have produced songs like NR Estranged and Coma 

i bet writing songs like those and others almost killed him 

what led after the illusion tour - pretty sure the wheels fell right off and then his ethic turned totally inside out on CD 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Hmm, really? Axl was late for most of 88 through 2014..not giving a shit about his fans. You don't see him interacting with fans outside of the show, I'm not saying he's a dick to people because we've all have seen him taking pictures but "Care about fans" is a stretch. I agree with the other poster earlier on this thread, the only real similarity is that they are both a little weird and are somewhat out of touch with reality.

I agree it's a stretch but however we can't ignore the fact he would stop shows midway to confront people who would throw stuff onstage. Remember how 2 fans got crushed at one of their shows? 

Also there were some reports saying Axl released UYI 1, 2 at the same time so that fans could afford buying. 

And yeah he's an asshole and I won't defend it. 😁

22 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

The whole "weird and out of touch with reality" is due to MJ being INFJ and Axl being INTP. INxx part is what makes them different. And the reason I click with both of 'em-I'm an INTJ

Btw it's Myers Briggs personality type (psychology)

51 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Axl was late for most of 88 through 2014..not giving a shit about his fans.

I don´t know.. since 2011 he has been reducing delays. From 2 hours in 2010 to 30 or 40 minutes from 2011 until 2014.

51 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

You don't see him interacting with fans outside of the show

:shrugs:

Edited by Derick
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Michael had a lot of animals too.

A lot of artists have had hard childhoods. I think it only makes you stronger!

hats off to both of em for coming out about it. ive never really thought about it until this thread but clearly michaels reason for wanting to change his appearance was to distance himself from his childhood... and well axl clearly looks nothing like he did as a child, but is he trying to distance himself from the 80s/90s axl with the current look? has it ever been confirmed or denied that he had plastic surgery?