Jump to content
Srushti7

Similarities between Axl and Michael Jackson

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I've never seen a fat MJ pic ;)

have you not seen Ghost music video? 

 

Image result for michael jackson ghost white guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@cooker No why?

Michael dresses up as a fat old white dude. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

racist :lol:

sure thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Derick said:

We all know that the band's main visionary (from the beginning) was Axl and that the band had members who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all, without big ambitions. Others just got carried away by the wave of success..

 

we all know?

we who?

===

band members who was there just for fun?

got carried away?

what?

===

are you talking about GNR here?

or are you talking about yourself and your very limited knowledge of GNR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killuridols said:

What I said is that Axl is not a solo artist, so when it comes to comparing him with Michael Jackson, I'd take it with a grain of salt, since Axl is in a band with other talented people who also helped achieving that success.

And you think that for being a solo artist Michael Jackson didn't have other talented people who also helped achieving that success? Don´t forget that MJ came from Jackson 5 and his success started and on that era....That era maked him worldwide known! So what´s YOUR point?

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

This is not true. Guns N' Roses came as the result of five guys looking for each other after a revolving door of musicians and people who wanted to do what you say, but none of them made it to the final lineup that recorded "AFD".

You should listen to Axl in the interview at the CGBG'S when he talks about it and there are other interviews too where he says it was hard to find the right people who wanted to seriously start a band and commit to playing, recording, etc.

Axl was not a visionary in 1985 or 1986. Not even after releasing AFD. None of them expected the success of that album, which took a long time to take flight.

Yeah..They all took it seriously in the beginning but when things started to point to something bigger some of them could not resist the pressure or the need to deal with the shit that appeared on the way. And the fact that AFD was a failure in the first year may have given extra life to that lineup. But still that "failure" at the beginning doesn´t mean that they were not visionaries, that they didn´t believe they could be bigger. They had signed with Geffen, how could they not claim success?

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Guns N' Roses did all that. The whole band did it. Not just Axl. Were you alive and conscious in 1992?

Hey..Where did I say it was just Axl? C´mon! Anyway..Hell yeah they did! Even with the departure of some members they continued to work hard and they conquered many fans in that Illusion era. That´s was one of my points.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Again. You are speaking the obvious and I don't know what's your point because I never said anything objecting their work or denied whatever is that you are remarking here. I simply don't understand you.

About Axl being workaholic, I don't think he fits this term at all. If he was a workaholic, he wouldn't have gone MIA for so long and would have released an album every year. A workaholic person is someone who spends most of their time working and producing because they have a sense of time passing by that is not normal, they feel as if time is running out from them and every second lost is money lost with it, so they can't stop inventing/producing things or goods.

Slash is the one who could be considered a workaholic, as the guy is always on tour or making albums.

I think it was Matt or Slash that said they were all tired and exhausted because of the tour and yet Axl came up with the idea of wanting to work on some video..And I think it was Matt in a VH1 documentary who said how important those videos were for the time, as those videos helped the band even more to establish itself as a big band...And in one of those making of videos we can see they talking/plannig about TSI ...So in the break of Illusion tour they made videos and during the process of production of a video they were planning the next album..What is this?

8 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

we all know?

we who?

===

band members who was there just for fun?

got carried away?

what?

===

are you talking about GNR here?

or are you talking about yourself and your very limited knowledge of GNR?

Hahaha..You funny Luddy boy. The fans knows. And(AGAIN) If you want to talk, first learn to quote. I said "members who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all, without big ambitions." Need I to say who? "Others just got carried away by the wave of success.." Again, Need I to say who?  Nah..I dont need. Your incredible knowledge about the band will help you find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree in part
something i see similarities about both of them
however even MJ super exocentric to my point of view, i thought he were relax than Axl


What was so matter to doesnt allow to take his pic at Fernando wedding, at moment of people who are so close so family.

Ok, I get that privacy is important  but why hide 
 doesnt allow to take his pic at Fernando wedding, at moment of people who are so close so family? 

Axl seems lives at 80´s a era tha celebrites was so distance of public, untouchables

Nowadays being like past dont make sense anymore even mega star Madonna are more next to fans, show to us part of her normal life, 

I realy dont understand this Axl way  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I still have never gotten around to listening Invincible

You really should. I don't think it's a masterpiece by any means, but it's honestly under rated IMO. Speechless is one his best ballads ever. 

9 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

HIStory is also my favorite MJ album.

And Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible all have tracks with Slash on guitar.

Give In To Me, D.S. (awesome, very kick ass unknown song) and Privacy I believe

Wow, look at the love for HIStory! That's awesome. It's such a killer album. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derick said:

And you think that for being a solo artist Michael Jackson didn't have other talented people who also helped achieving that success? Don´t forget that MJ came from Jackson 5 and his success started and on that era....That era maked him worldwide known! So what´s YOUR point?

:facepalm: But the guy promoted himself as a solo artist! Of course he had help of hired musicians, but they worked for him under contract.
MJ became worldwide known when he went solo. Geez.

My point is the same as what I replied before. Axl IS NOT A SOLO ARTIST AND HE BECAME SUCCESSFUL WITHIN A BAND. Previously, you disagreed with my point and hinted that he was the visionary one, the most talented one, the workaholic, the one who made the band successful.

You don't even know what the hell you want to say.

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Yeah..They all took it seriously in the beginning but when things started to point to something bigger some of them could not resist the pressure or the need to deal with the shit that appeared on the way. And the fact that AFD was a failure in the first year may have given extra life to that lineup. But still that "failure" at the beginning doesn´t mean that they were not visionaries, that they didn´t believe they could be bigger. They had signed with Geffen, how could they not claim success?

What? :question:

Stop with all that passive aggressive shit about Izzy, Steven and everybody else. You come off as pretty ignorant of GN'R's history and pretty disrespectful too.

Your attempts at taking away the contribution of Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven from the success of Guns N' Roses are unnecessary. I don't wanna hear about that.

1 hour ago, Derick said:

I think it was Matt or Slash that said they were all tired and exhausted because of the tour and yet Axl came up with the idea of wanting to work on some video..And I think it was Matt in a VH1 documentary who said how important those videos were for the time, as those videos helped the band even more to establish itself as a big band...And in one of those making of videos we can see they talking/plannig about TSI ...So in the break of Illusion tour they made videos and during the process of production of a video they were planning the next album..What is this?

What is this? :question:

It is NORMAL work for an artist..... routine..... what they are suppossed to do..... what else could it be? :question:

If you are thinking this is workaholism you are very mistaken. Regular people work harder than these guys and nobody thinks they are workaholics-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But the guy promoted himself as a solo artist! Of course he had help of hired musicians, but they worked for him under contract.
MJ became worldwide known when he went solo. Geez.

You wrong. He became famous and worldwide known before his solo caree. After J5 he became even more successful but he started his successful career with the J5. 

 

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Previously, you disagreed with my point and hinted that he was the visionary one, the most talented one, the workaholic, the one who made the band successful.

You're joking, right? Please tell me where I insinuated that he was the only one who made the band famous, the most talented one and the only visionary and the only one workaholic. I used a lot of "THEY"  in my previous statements. So don´t even start w this bullshit.

 

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Stop with all that passive aggressive shit about Izzy, Steven and everybody else. You come off as pretty ignorant of GN'R's history and pretty disrespectful too.

Your attempts at taking away the contribution of Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven from the success of Guns N' Roses are unnecessary. I don't wanna hear about that.

Who´s everybody else?

About Izzy and Steven..I'm just basing myself on the GNR history and its members too. And stop saying that I'm trying to take the credits of Slash and Duff (or even Izzy and Steven) about the success of the band. Unlike you, I can point out the work of some member without necessarily insulting others. If you see the fact that I recognize Axl's importance to the band as an insult or disrespect to others, it's your problem.

 And who the hell you think you are to tell me about been passive-aggressive? Take a look over your posts all over this forum before you try to talk about it to someone.:facepalm:

 

57 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It is NORMAL work for an artist..... routine..... what they are suppossed to do..... what else could it be? :question:

If you are thinking this is workaholism you are very mistaken. Regular people work harder than these guys and nobody thinks they are workaholics-

So no one of them can be considered a workaholic, not even MJ, he just did what he should do. At this point I agree with you, this is more for a misuse of the word "workaholic". If we consider the literal meaning of the word, you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Derick said:

You're joking, right? Please tell me where I insinuated that he was the only one who made the band famous, the most talented one and the only visionary and the only one workaholic. I used a lot of "THEY"  in my previous statements. So don´t even start w this bullshit.

:lol:

Your statement was:

Quote

 

Agree on the "everybody was talented and contributed to create the brilliant music" but I disagree when you try to put it as a sufficient condition to justify their success. That´s not true. You can lean on the romanticized idea that in a band all members are equal, that everyone contributes in the same way, that everyone strives the same way but it´s not. 

We all know that the band's main visionary (from the beginning) was Axl and that the band had members who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all, without big ambitions. Others just got carried away by the wave of success..

 

Don't bother replying because I will not read it. You are a waste of time and I was too tired to realize you were just fooling around.

G'night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Agree on the "everybody was talented and contributed to create the brilliant music" but I disagree when you try to put it as a sufficient condition to justify their success. That´s not true. You can lean on the romanticized idea that in a band all members are equal, that everyone contributes in the same way, that everyone strives the same way but it´s not. 

We all know that the band's main visionary (from the beginning) was Axl and that the band had members who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all, without big ambitions. Others just got carried away by the wave of success..

Yeah and I still can´t find where I said that Axl is solely responsible for the success of the band...What I meant was that he was one of the main forces that drove the band to success. In fact,as I said before.. I don´t buy your version that everyone is equal and everyone has exactly the same share in the climb to success. But that doesn´t mean that I ignore the importance of other members..But if you insist on interpreting that way, that's not my problem.

 

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Don't bother replying because I will not read it. You are a waste of time and I was too tired to realize you were just fooling around.

G'night!

Qué te duermas bien. :hug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Derick said:

The fans knows. And(AGAIN) If you want to talk, first learn to quote. I said "members who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all, without big ambitions." Need I to say who? "Others just got carried away by the wave of success.." Again, Need I to say who?  Nah..I dont need. Your incredible knowledge about the band will help you find out.

please never stop sharing your fantastic knowledge about GNR!

its fantastic to learn NEW STUFF after nearly 30 years!

please keep on saying that "GNR main visionary (from the beginning) was Axl"!

:rofl-lol:

this really shows how much you know about GNR!

oh, and please never stop saying that GNR had members "who was there just for fun and wanted to just make songs, play them in clubs, make some money and that was all"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know how you entered inside the minds of GNR members to learn so much about what they wanted, what they were thinking, what were their ambitions!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know how is that you were able to read their minds so you know all this with so much sureness!

oh, and specially please keep on spreading facts like GNR had members that "just got carried away by the wave of success"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

PLEASE let me know who are these THESE MEMBERS!

who are these MEMBERS?!

I NEED TO KNOW!

IS IT TWO MEMBERS?

IS IT THREE?

OR IS IT ALL FOUR -- EXCEPT VISIONARY AXL! -- "WHO GOT CARRIED AWAY BY THE WAVE OF SUCCESS"?

oh man this is so fun and exciting to learn new facts that THE FANS KNOW!

thanks so much!

who cares about the band history?

THE FANS KNOW!

AND THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT!

you hear me LUDDY BOY?!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fans need to chill out while some need to stop derailing threads.

I through this thread was about the differences between two individuals, but once again the same people bring up the past and bring the names of past members into a discussion and thread and we lose sight and direction.

It gets boring seeing the same people hijacking thread after thread repeating the same thing time and time again. 

It gets to the point were these people are no longer objective when it comes to other people having a different opinion or seeing things differently.

Often when this happens the objective people opt out of the threads in what should be a balanced open mind discussion about Similarities between Axl and Michael Jackson the ends being dragged down to the level of childish behaviour.

The greatest Similarities between Axl and Michael Jackson is they both have the rock star factor and a form of charisma. I got to see MJ once live and just like Axl when you see him live on stage you are drawn to them like you have fallen under their spell or magic when they perform in front of you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two beautiful souls who ruled music on their own ways, MJ is the last Popstar, Axl is the last Rockstar. Their stage presence is beyond awesome. Axl is not a workaholic but when he works, he works well. The problem is he does not work much :D Remember pre-Axl/dc times? Evryone thought he was gonna ruin it, he worked and now has enormous respect even from the die hard acdc fans. Back in the day they said he wouldnt top AFD, he did much more better with UYIs in a lot more different ways. And Chin Dem is even a blast for me, I neva thought he could do a good album without Slash,Izzy and Duff, and he made a very good one. He just needs to focus and work. 

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, look at the love for HIStory! That's awesome. It's such a killer album. 

It really is. I love every track on it.

Maybe I should add that the only artist I love more than GNR is MJ.

Been a fan since 2007, and not just a "fan". I know everything about that dude, every song 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

It really is. I love every track on it.

Maybe I should add that the only artist I love more than GNR is MJ.

Been a fan since 2007, and not just a "fan". I know everything about that dude, every song 😂

I'm actually amazed the love HIStory gets from the non fanbase. They Don't Care About Us is what made me a fan. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

It really is. I love every track on it.

Maybe I should add that the only artist I love more than GNR is MJ.

Been a fan since 2007, and not just a "fan". I know everything about that dude, every song 😂

Acoording to @Oldest Goat you and I are crazy LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Acoording to @Oldest Goat you and I are crazy LOL

None should be embarrassed about their music taste. I listen to pop(not the current scene), heavy metal, hard rock, black metal, speed metal, Glam metal rap, hip hop, trip hop, house, industrial, jazz, classical, reggae, etc. 

When I was in school it was a cool thing to like MJ. If you loved him you were looked as superior.😁

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if they did a HIStory box set. "Bad" and "Off The Wall" have been documentaries, I'm sure at some point "Thriller" will be, but hoping they will eventually do ones on "Dangerous" & "Invincible". "HIStory" would definitely be a good one for them to get into discussing how it was made, what was going on at the time, include the Blood on the Dance Floor EP cuts and go over the unreleased stuff. There has to be a lot of unreleased stuff in the vault, plus tour footage. 

Axl didn't battle with label heads, he battled with Geffen and Interscope "second and third in comman" types (surprised he wasn't in the Iovine/Dre doc talking about ChiDem) the way Michael was calling Tommy Mottola the devil. 

One thing they had in common was taking their time to make an album and having the challenge to not repeat themselves, with mixed results. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cooker said:

have you not seen Ghost music video? 

 

Image result for michael jackson ghost white guy

Michael was actually dressed similar to Tom Sneddon the guy who was hell bent loose on having Michael in jail since '93 allegations. By grace of God he died of cancer. The whole ghost short film was a depiction of what Michael was going through with the media. Another one of the symbolisms he'd use in his short films- same way Axl did UYI short films. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×