Matt Sorum To Write a Book - Comes Out Next Year

52 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'll certainly read it, but is there really anything we don't already know about the behind the scenes mess that the UYI era was?

I'd personally like to know more of sorums thoughts regarding the breakup 93. 

Ill definitely buy the book. I'm not interested in the chapters he will devote to the cult, but anything guns I'd be well interested in. And also I'd like to know if he was even approached for NITL and what he was offered ect etc. I think it would be a fascinating read. We get so little comment from anyone these days that when someone does, we lap it up. 

Edited by Tadsy

57 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'll certainly read it, but is there really anything we don't already know about the behind the scenes mess that the UYI era was?

It's from a different perspective at least, from a guy who was coming in and meeting them all, without any prior relationship that might cloud their opinion. He's also a bit of a mouth who was left out of the reunion so he might not hold back on anything.

32 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It's from a different perspective at least, from a guy who was coming in and meeting them all, without any prior relationship that might cloud their opinion. He's also a bit of a mouth who was left out of the reunion so he might not hold back on anything.

I personally think if  he wasn't asked to be apart of the nitl tour and yet gilby was, tells me axl has no inclination of involving him in any future related guns work. Because of this i hope he doesnt hold back in his book. 

38 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think if  he wasn't asked to be apart of the nitl tour and yet gilby was, tells me axl has no inclination of involving him in any future related guns work. Because of this i hope he doesnt hold back in his book. 

just curious...if Gilby was asked, why do we still have Fortus!?

I mean I would take Gilby over Fortus any day.  Can't imagine Gilby was more expensive than Fortus!? what is the deal?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

just curious...if Gilby was asked, why do we still have Fortus!?

I mean I would take Gilby over Fortus any day.  Can't imagine Gilby was more expensive than Fortus!? what is the deal?

Gilby is a sentimental favorite. He isn’t better than Fortus in playing those parts. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2018 at 6:02 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Gilby is a sentimental favorite. He isn’t better than Fortus in playing those parts. 

Definitely don't agree with this.. I am sure it is accurate to some degree and for some people but I know that I prefer Gilby playing those parts every day of the week.  Also preferred  is stage presence and his backup vocals were also a really good fit.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

No rumor i remember gilby being asked that question in an interview and he turned the offer down  to focus on his own music.

He didn't elaborate on the offer he turned down though or did he? I remember getting the impression that maybe he just got offered to fly out to a show or two for a guest spot or something and the logistics\timing didn't work out.  No way Gilby turned down the spot next to Slash for his solo shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He didn't elaborate on the offer he turned down though or did he? I remember getting the impression that maybe he just got offered to fly out to a show or two for a guest spot or something and the logistics\timing didn't work out.  No way Gilby turned down the spot next to Slash for his solo shit.

Or the money was crap and he turned it down a la Izzy. That's the impression I got. Ditto with Sorum who also claims he was approached by the GnR camp (it's hard to believe Sorum was asked to participate though). Either way, there's no way those guys are missing the chance to play in the biggest reunion tour of the decade (logistics or otherwise) - unless the fee offered by GnR was abysmal. Adler seems to confirm that he was paid a pittance ( it wasn't clear whether travel expenses were even covered). 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Definitely don't agree with this.. I am sure it is accurate to some degree and for some people but I know that I prefer Gilby playing those parts every day of the week.  Also preferred  is stage presence and his backup vocals were also a really good fit.

I prefer him, too. But, it’s mostky for sentiment. Fortus has been with Axl for years, it would be shitty to abandon him for anybody other than Izzy.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It was definitely for a gig or two. As you said, Gilby ain’t turning down GNR and all the cool shit that comes with such as a ducking private plane and 1st class lodging.

• Like 1

On 14/2/2018 at 4:48 AM, Sydney Fan said:

No rumor i remember gilby being asked that question in an interview and he turned the offer down  to focus on his own music.

I've always wondering why duff's wife and gilby's one stopped following each other on instagram... they were close friends, often together.. hearts, kisses, hugs...

something happened just some days before the reunion announcement..

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 3:48 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Making sure i'm reading this one correctly.

Are you guys saying that apparently Gilby was offered the spot *instead* of Fortus? For me there is absolutely no chance this is true. Axl is too loyal to have ditched Richard to bring in Gilby.

• Like 1

In 2016, Slash, Alx Rose, and Duff McKagan re-united for the Guns N’ Roses “Not in This Lifetime” Tour. According to Gilby Clarke he was invited to play as a guest, but unfortunately he couldn’t make it due to other commitments.

“I think it’s great that Slash and Axl are back together. I think together they can write some great music and finish what they started in putting Guns N’ Roses up there with the best bands ever,” Gilby Clarke replied.

I was asked to come play as a guest, but it didn’t work out,” Gilby Clarke added.

http://theseeker.ca/interview-guns-n-roses-gilby-clarke/27231/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In 2016, Slash, Alx Rose, and Duff McKagan re-united for the Guns N’ Roses “Not in This Lifetime” Tour. According to Gilby Clarke he was invited to play as a guest, but unfortunately he couldn’t make it due to other commitments.

“I think it’s great that Slash and Axl are back together. I think together they can write some great music and finish what they started in putting Guns N’ Roses up there with the best bands ever,” Gilby Clarke replied.

I was asked to come play as a guest, but it didn’t work out,” Gilby Clarke added.

http://theseeker.ca/interview-guns-n-roses-gilby-clarke/27231/

Ah ok thank you for clearing up.

Would be really interesting to hear at some point what sort of terms (doesn't have to have the financial terms explicitly explained - more about number of appearances, songs per night etc) Gilby/Adler/Izzy/Sorum were offered to join the tour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

This thread immediately reminded me of what Matt said in 2012:

On whether he plans to write an autobiography after reading Slash's and Duff McKagan's books:

"My book will be a lot better than theirs, and I'll tell you why: I remember everything, and they don't remember shit. [laughs] I told Duff, I said, 'Duff, how are you gonna remember to write a book? You can't even remember where we were last night?' I said, 'I'll write your book for you. And here's the title: 'Duff McKagan: The Shit I Don't Remember By Matt Sorum'. And every time I would tell my stories, I would go, 'Duff, are you tape-recording this right now? I don't want my stories coming out in your book.' Slash's book, guaranteed, there's five years in the middle of Slash's book that are just missing. And I'll tell you what era that was: 1990 to 1995. Those guys don't remember jack-all. And if you notice, his book, it sort of book ends on the early years, and it jumps forward to the breakup. There's a lot of shit that went down [in between]. I could fill in the blanks and I could tell about hundred thousand better stories than they have. And you know what?! I just haven't had anybody give me enough money to make me spill the beans. [laughs]"

We should be in for a real treat!!!

Holy fuck, is that where Steven got the idea for his new book? From this fucking quote? That’s the exact title of Stevens upcoming book.

• Haha 2