But it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain
It's been
14 years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again 

Then Axl says: "Well!"

During the solo, 2:48 in this lyric video, he says a slurry Izzy speak.  I think he says "Yeah, its been nada!" ?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

I always thought he said ''it's been nada'' too, but for all I know he says ''it's been mighty long'' which makes more sense in the context of the lyrics but it doesn't exactly sound like it.

Anyway, one of the few Izzy lyrics I really like. Most of his lyrics are too cliché and boneheaded.

Edited by EvanG

I think its, "Yeah, it's been another-". But since Izzy has a habit of 'eating his words' (i.e. mumbling/lack of enunciation) it sounds like "nada".

Then again it could be, "Yeah, it's been nadda!", meaning that the time spent has been nothing / meant nothing / has been non productive. Basically a waste of time. This also makes sense considering the context of the whole song.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

+1 for "yeah, it's been nada" can't believe they didn't put the extended ending from thr demo in the final track as well.

I first heard that extended ending a few months ago and it's now one of my favorite GnR moments it jams so fucking hard what a ending solo up there with breakdown