Quick question wondering if anyone can help me out I think it may be silly but I can’t find it on any lyric pages ... what are the few words Izzy says right before the solo? This has always bugged me and I can’t figure it out! Thanks!

Before the solo is the refrain:

But it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain
It's been
14 years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again 

Then Axl says: "Well!"

During the solo, 2:48 in this lyric video, he says a slurry Izzy speak.  I think he says "Yeah, its been nada!" ?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Haha, always fun these. I always heard 'Just another'. But yeah, could be nada...

5 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Yeah I always hear the “Yeah, it’s been” but it’s that last part so I guess he’s saying “nada” ?? Interesting 

In spanish language? Weird

I always thought he said ''it's been nada'' too, but for all I know he says ''it's been mighty long'' which makes more sense in the context of the lyrics but it doesn't exactly sound like it.

Anyway, one of the few Izzy lyrics I really like. Most of his lyrics are too cliché and boneheaded.

Edited by EvanG

Maybe @Zoot or one of the other Izzy groupies (kidding!:P) knows? Maybe ask Izzy on Twitter, he might remember and he's so unpredictable he might reply.

• Haha 1

Izzy, the beating heart of the gunners to this day.

gets people all excited over "nada"

On 2018-02-12 at 3:19 PM, Lio said:

Haha, always fun these. I always heard 'Just another'. But yeah, could be nada...

This is what I hear as well.

I think its, "Yeah, it's been another-". But since Izzy has a habit of 'eating his words' (i.e. mumbling/lack of enunciation) it sounds like "nada".

Then again it could be, "Yeah, it's been nadda!", meaning that the time spent has been nothing / meant nothing / has been non productive. Basically a waste of time. This also makes sense considering the context of the whole song.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

+1 for "yeah, it's been nada" can't believe they didn't put the extended ending from thr demo in the final track as well.

I first heard that extended ending a few months ago and it's now one of my favorite GnR moments it jams so fucking hard what a ending solo up there with breakdown 

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

which ones?

Most of the lyrics he wrote for GnR. I don't know his solo material well enough to make a quick judgement. Maybe he improved.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

Most of the lyrics he wrote for GnR. I don't know his solo material well enough to make a quick judgement. Maybe he improved.

What are you talking about??