2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

brownstone?

pretty tied?

move to the city?

patience?

think about you?

dtj?

seriously?

Yep. Seriously. I've had this 'discussion' before on here, but at the end of the day it's really subjective so there's no right or wrong. For example, I really like Think About You and Patience but lyrically they are as sappy as any Bryan Adams or Bon Jovi lyric. I once made the analogy between the lyrics of Think About You  and a 15 year old's first love letter... just as sappy and cheesy. But the great thing about songs is that if the music and melody are good, which is usually the case with Izzy songs, it doesn't always matter too much how bad the lyrics are. I prefer more cryptic and poetic lyrics, and I suppose that Izzy's lyrics are more straight forward rock 'n roll lyrics.

Edited by EvanG

10 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yep. Seriously. I've had this 'discussion' before on here, but at the end of the day it's really subjective so there's no right or wrong. For example, I really like Think About You and Patience but lyrically they are as sappy as any Bryan Adams or Bon Jovi lyric. I once made the analogy between the lyrics of Think About You  and a 15 year old's first love letter... just as sappy and cheesy. But the great thing about songs is that if the music and melody are good, which is usually the case with Izzy songs, it doesn't always matter too much how bad the lyrics are. I prefer more cryptic and poetic lyrics, and I suppose that Izzy's lyrics are more straight forward rock 'n roll lyrics.

yeah, sure, not wrong or right here

even though i find think about you lyrics fantastic

except for that, i agree with you saying "the great thing about songs is that if the music and melody are good, which is usually the case with Izzy songs, it doesn't always matter too much how bad the lyrics are"

i would add this:

if the singer believes in the lyrics and sings them with conviction, like axl used to do better than any other human being on the planet, then yeah, the lyrics may not be the greatest but they will sound great anyway!

• Like 1