Best SCOM of NITL tour?

3 hours ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

The ones from soundcheck without any vocals.

I love Axl, but Sweet Child was hit and miss in his prime. Last good ones were St. Petersberg 2010 and LA 2006

Agreed. Instant skip for me since 2010...

I don't think there were any that he sounded good vocally but I do remember one really cool moment very early on in the tour.  As Slash wrapped up his solo he blindly pointed behind him to Axl walking back out on stage from out back. He was handing the song back over to Axl to take over with the "where to we go" part. It was unscripted and timed out perfectly.. It was still really early and a wow this is really happening moment. 

Really cool moment, wish I remembered which show.. It had to be one of the few stadium shows.

Las Vegas night 1- for obvious reasons.  Watching them dominate SCOM for the 1st time live together in almost 25 years...I about shat myself.  I saw them back on the UYI Tour and then to finally see it again- wow!

*yes I know they played the week before at The Troubadour. 

The best versions of SCOM are when the crowd help Axl by singing along, lifting up his voice by mixing it with theirs.

Sweet Child hasn't sounded good live without any crowd help since 1989. It's one of their worst songs, and this comes from someone who heard it twice in person on the NITL tour and has watched all the Youtube videos. They only play it because there would be riots if they didn't.

On 15/02/2018 at 11:12 AM, ObsessionofVanity said:

I love Axl, but Sweet Child was hit and miss in his prime. Last good ones were St. Petersberg 2010 and LA 2006

It's not a great song for Axl in a live setting. The over the top rasp of 1991, 1992 and 1993 make the song hard for me to enjoy. 2006 was the perfect blend of rasp and that clean voice he has.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:12 PM, ObsessionofVanity said:

So true!

LA's 2006 SCOM was pure vocal EPICNESS!!